Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

You're right champ.

It was brilliant of Ross to send a 24 year old with potential packing and keep Ballantyne for a further two seasons.

That move will pay dividends for the next five years I reckon.
You don't even read the posts. It's like you have a script.

He'd be a pretty handy player to have on your list right now especially in your backline.

Lyon just couldn't get the best out of him I suppose.

Crozier will go on to have a productive career at the Bulldogs.

Ballantyne has been a spud since about 2015.

All part of Lyon's masterplan it was!
Ohhh yeah, soooo incredibly handy, I mean, he'd instantly be an upgrade on either Luke Ryan, Ethan Hughes, Hayden Young or Nathan Wilson.....oh wait, no he wouldn't! Lol.

You're right champ.

It was brilliant of Ross to send a 24 year old with potential packing and keep Ballantyne for a further two seasons.

That move will pay dividends for the next five years I reckon.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone gloat about having former fringe player Hayden Crozier on their list... I’d have just made my first buck.

The guy couldn’t bed down a spot when we were 16th on the ladder. I’m more inclined to thing ‘what if’ in regards to MDB, Sam Menongola or Dylan Roberton personally.

I think every Freo fan hopes Crozier goes well for the Dogs and I think every Freo fan couldn't care less that he left.

Handy player, incredibly replaceable.

But what about his mark in the U18s?

How have you coped not hearing it mentioned by a Vic-based commentator every time he goes near the ball?

I miss it. Thank god we can be reminded about Fyfe’s kicking in the 2013 GF every time he lines up for a shot on goal.

If Crozier offered nothing as a guy in his early 20's, then what did a washed up Ballantyne in his early 30's offer exactly?

Leadership? When someone wants to justify re-signing an over the hill player they always point to leadership. Can't measure it, doesn't show up in the stats column, they might be one of the worst players in the 25, but the young players apparently draw inspiration from a spud like Ballantyne on the field lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Crozier offered nothing as a guy in his early 20's, then what did a washed up Ballantyne in his early 30's offer exactly?

Leadership? When someone wants to justify re-signing an over the hill player they always point to leadership. Can't measure it, doesn't show up in the stats column, they might be one of the worst players in the 25, but the young players apparently draw inspiration from a spud like Ballantyne on the field lol.
Ballas was a knobhead but he wasn't a spud. He was All Australian on an occasion, a spud is someone like Josh Schache.

This is really atrocious trolling and I am embarrassed for you.

To be honest when Freo were 0-4, I really thought if it was a wise ideas to have gotten Justin Longmuir as the coach of Freo.

But since round 5 when Freo beat the crows, it's slowly turning out to be an inspired choice and the right decision.

Don't get me wrong, Ross Lyon did play a lot of youth in 2017-19. But a guy like cerra was playing on a back flank rather than in the middle disappointed a few Freo fans. But at least Ross Lyon played youth even though they were on their non preferred positions.

I have predicted on a few threads j-lo will be Freos coach for around 5-7 years. I hope Freo has a good 2-3 years of finals in a row or even a 4 year stretch of finals before Hill Walters, Fyfe, Hamling, Lobb and Taberner retire

To be honest when Freo were 0-4, I really thought if it was a wise ideas to have gotten Justin Longmuir as the coach of Freo.

But since round 5 when Freo beat the crows, it's slowly turning out to be an inspired choice and the right decision.

Don't get me wrong, Ross Lyon did play a lot of youth in 2017-19. But a guy like cerra was playing on a back flank rather than in the middle disappointed a few Freo fans. But at least Ross Lyon played youth even though they were on their non preferred positions.

I have predicted on a few threads j-lo will be Freos coach for around 5-7 years. I hope Freo has a good 2-3 years of finals in a row or even a 4 year stretch of finals before Hill Walters, Fyfe, Hamling, Lobb and Taberner retire

Yeah well I dunno what happens long term but I’m just happy we have a competitive footy team again , even though I never liked Rosco I never said he was doing a bad job on the rebuild besides a couple of things

He didn’t use selection enough to stamp out our poor kicking and his game style just didn’t look at the same level as the better teams with the ‘work hard and let the stars win the game’

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Yeah well I dunno what happens long term but I’m just happy we have a competitive footy team again , even though I never liked Rosco I never said he was doing a bad job on the rebuild besides a couple of things

He didn’t use selection enough to stamp out our poor kicking and his game style just didn’t look at the same level as the better teams with the ‘work hard and let the stars win the game’

I have said I will savour every final under Ross Lyon from 2012-15.

So if Freo makes finals under Justin Longmuir from 2021-25, I will savour that too. Hoping there's a preliminary final or 2 there as well.

I think you mean Tory Dickson, the premiership player who averages 3 goals a game in finals?

And you’ll be rolling him out for your fir....... ha ha wait a minute I almost said first final but your not quite there yet are you ?

I wasn’t even having a go at Troy Dickson really but your silly mate seems to think a respected senior player getting 1 year too many is the greatest list management disaster in the history of the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back