Fremantle Under Longmuir

Should be playing the dogs for a chance to be in the finals if it wasn’t for multiple consecutive farcical umpire errors costing them the game agains Carlton.

And good to see Carlton making the most of that opportunity this afternoon..

cactuscall

michaelangelo is a party dude
Jul 26, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Please change thread title to Carlton under Fremantle.
20200913_122548.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously Fremantle are improving every week under Longmire and with a couple of things swinging their way this year could be playing finals. There’s alot of buoyancy about the club right now and some outstanding young players coming through.

Could we please stick to reasonable discussion about the topic and keep the back and forth fighting and memes out of it.
Thanks.

Last edited:

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Unfortunately I think Longmuir has them tracking in the right direction, and they'll be competitive in about 2 years time. The only thing ol' Ro$$co did well was drill defensive structures, so if they can find and develop a forward line at some point then I reckon they will be playing finals soon.

Shame, as a basketcase Freo is good for my side, but thems the breaks.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Freo will make the 8 next year.
Good young list and I like Longmuir's style.
Me too. However l sort of wouldn't mind us losing next week. I'm not sure I want a young squad heading into preseason thinking their sh!t don't st!nk. You want that fire in the belly. The upward trend is there but it can't be taken for granted. Freo's leaders need to be right on it over summer.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Me too. However l sort of wouldn't mind us losing next week. I'm not sure I want a young squad heading into preseason thinking their sh!t don't st!nk. You want that fire in the belly. The upward trend is there but it can't be taken for granted. Freo's leaders need to be right on it over summer.
I reckon beating the Dogs and knowing only some shady umpiring stopped us from heading the ledger after starting 0-4 is more than enough to spark a fire.

Plus, I think we intrinsically have enough blokes who don't need external motivation to drag along those that might.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
They’ve quietly compiled a bunch of very talented high draft picks over the last few years without ever really bottoming out. Brayshaw, Cerra, Young, Serong, Henry all look like they could be quality players in the future.

The wildcard is Hogan. He’s still only 25 so if he can somehow get back to being a 40-50 goal a year player then they will probably be playing finals next year with the natural development of the younger guys.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
They’ve quietly compiled a bunch of very talented high draft picks over the last few years without ever really bottoming out. Brayshaw, Cerra, Young, Serong, Henry all look like they could be quality players in the future.

The wildcard is Hogan. He’s still only 25 so if he can somehow get back to being a 40-50 goal a year player then they will probably be playing finals next year with the natural development of the younger guys.
We never finished in the bottom two, but we haven't been out of the bottom 6 since 2015 either. We did our time down there.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Unfortunately I think Longmuir has them tracking in the right direction, and they'll be competitive in about 2 years time. The only thing ol' Ro$$co did well was drill defensive structures, so if they can find and develop a forward line at some point then I reckon they will be playing finals soon.

Really? I thought the best thing for WA footy is two competitive West Australian teams duking it out?

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

Really? I thought the best thing for WA footy is two competitive West Australian teams duking it out?
I think this refers to the fact that Freo are the only side WC are guaranteed to draw twice in each fixture. Unfortunately for us that has meant two wins to the Eagles each season since 2016 and helped them sustain their finals run.
Next season will be a different proposition for them. Soon they will be the ones giving us a leg up into the finals.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal

From 2016 to this year we've gone 16th, 14th, 14th, 13th, 11th. I reckon you could argue that that's bottoming out.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
From 2016 to this year we've gone 16th, 14th, 14th, 13th, 11th. I reckon you could argue that that's bottoming out.

Not having any number 1 picks is a blessing in disguise for us. Also a good reason for Adelaide to bid on that Bulldogs NGA bloke.

After Carlton's approach to the draft last year I can't imagine club's being nice around the bidding process moving forward.

Back