Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle would be a top 8 team already if they gave Lyon the arse a few years ago.
debateable. People forget the little details on that Ross Lyon reuild of 2016-19....

2016 draftees were guys like Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan and Rookie listed duman. Ryan is a back pocket, the rest are key position players.

2017 Draftees were guys like Brayshaw, Cerra, Banfield, crowden and Giro. All are mids.

No Doubt ross Lyon gave games to all these players.

Fixed it for you
yeah changing the medical staff miight do wonders. Just imagine freo not having 4-6 best 22 players out every week.

still in the bottom 6 for scoring, so i am surprised i have not heard any complaints about the coach conisdering this was a major flaw under Ross Lyon.
Pretty unusual spot for me to find myself carrying the drinks bottle for Freo in here. But they have deadset played about 8 games in torrential rain this year.

debateable. People forget the little details on that Ross Lyon reuild of 2016-19....

2016 draftees were guys like Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan and Rookie listed duman. Ryan is a back pocket, the rest are key position players.

2017 Draftees were guys like Brayshaw, Cerra, Banfield, crowden and Giro. All are mids.

No Doubt ross Lyon gave games to all these players.

yeah changing the medical staff miight do wonders. Just imagine freo not having 4-6 best 22 players out every week.

It wasn't a rebuild in earnest.

Ballantyne and Sandilands were still playing last year. Many young players were sacrificed to keep Ballantyne, Sandilands, Danyle Pearce on the list.

When Fremantle lost to Richmond last year they had an older average age than the eventual premiers.

Let's not forget also that Fremantle had 22 consecutive goals kicked on them against a mid-table Geelong side back in 2018 despite having a midfield of Fyfe, Neale, B Hill.

Fyfe the Brownlow in 2019 and Neale the Brownlow in 2020, but Lyon still found a way to be uncompetitive.

What would u like to hear?
JL coach of the year?
Freo most exciting side in the AFL?
I see you gave Ross Lyon the Chris Benoit treatment. LoL.
It wasn't a rebuild in earnest.

Ballantyne and Sandilands were still playing last year. Many young players were sacrificed to keep Ballantyne, Sandilands, Danyle Pearce on the list.

When Fremantle lost to Richmond last year they had an older average age than the eventual premiers.

Let's not forget also that Fremantle had 22 consecutive goals kicked on them against a mid-table Geelong side back in 2018 despite having a midfield of Fyfe, Neale, B Hill.

Fyfe the Brownlow in 2019 and Neale the Brownlow in 2020, but Lyon still found a way to be uncompetitive.
again...... I am going to explain this in detail. I am convinced Freo tanked that game vs Geelong in 2018 and Collingwood the next week. Losing to the cats by 120-130 points send our percentage from 86% to 79% dogs % was 80%. Hence why Freos got pick 5 but pushed back to pick 6 due to suns getting a top 5 compo pick for Tom Lynch.

Remember...... Freo gave 1 year extensions to Sandi and Ballantyne. Why? Because start of the trade period, Freos picks were only 6, 78, 96, 114.

Then Freo did that massive trade of trading of pick 6 and 2019 3rd rounder for 11, 23 , 30, 49. I assure you, if Freo knew someone was going to pay overs for pick 6. Freo wouldn't of given a contract for Sandi and Ballantyne in 2019. Especially if Rory Lobb was going to come to Freo in which he did.

I see you gave Ross Lyon the Chris Benoit treatment. LoL.
again...... I am going to explain this in detail. I am convinced Freo tanked that game vs Geelong in 2018 and Collingwood the next week. Losing to the cats by 120-130 points send our percentage from 86% to 79% dogs % was 80%. Hence why Freos got pick 5 but pushed back to pick 6 due to suns getting a top 5 compo pick for Tom Lynch.

Don't give me that tanking rubbish. Players like Fyfe and Neale don't go out there to destroy their reputation by to get a pick 5 instead pick 6.

This is match fixing and if true Lyon should be banished from the game for life.

The reality is Fremantle stunk it up ever since they went 0-10 in 2016. I suppose Lyon was fixing matches back then as well?

Remember...... Freo gave 1 year extensions to Sandi and Ballantyne. Why? Because start of the trade period, Freos picks were only 6, 78, 96, 114.

Fremantle dumped young players that have gone on to do well at other clubs to keep a spud like Ballantyne at the club.

Then Freo did that massive trade of trading of pick 6 and 2019 3rd rounder for 11, 23 , 30, 49. I assure you, if Freo knew someone was going to pay overs for pick 6. Freo wouldn't of given a contract for Sandi and Ballantyne in 2019. Especially if Rory Lobb was going to come to Freo in which he did.

I'm not talking about 2019. The rebuild started after 2015 yet Ballantyne was still getting a game in August 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't give me that tanking rubbish. Players like Fyfe and Neale don't go out there to destroy their reputation by to get a pick 5 instead pick 6.

This is match fixing and if true Lyon should be banished from the game for life.

The reality is Fremantle stunk it up ever since they went 0-10 in 2016. I suppose Lyon was fixing matches back then as well?

Fremantle dumped young players that have gone on to do well at other clubs to keep a spud like Ballantyne at the club.

I'm not talking about 2019. The rebuild started after 2015 yet Ballantyne was still getting a game in August 2019.
IMO Ballantyne was unbelievably lucky to get a contract when he did at the end of his career. His manager did a fantastic job to get him that. He would definitely be an exception to how we moved a lot of senior players on. I think the club wanted some experience in every part of the ground to help the young guys and with Pav gone, Ballas somehow became the experienced forward player. Ballas made a lot of noise about wanting to go on and I guess he pulled the wool over the clubs eyes a bit to get a contract when he did and the club probably felt that he had been a much more senior servant to the club compared with say Daniel Pearce, so felt a duty to extend his time with the club rather than him leave on bad terms and go somewhere else. Sorry for the rant.

I didn't think he should have gone on as long as he did but which small forward did we let go of that went on to do well at another club?

Under Lyon's game plan there's rarely anyone in the forward 50 so it's a moot point.

You just think outside the box a little and move the chess pieces around. There's always someone that steps up.

So you can't name anyone then?
It would make more sense to keep a young Crozier on the list and play him forward than someone at the end of their career and playing poorly like Ballantyne.

Thought you might go there. Did you watch Crozier up forward here at all? I suspect you didn't.

Couldn't have been worse than Ballantyne but far more versatile.

Oh well, you'd still have Crozier on your list. Ballantyne can't even play WAFL.

Couldn't have been worse than Ballantyne but far more versatile.

Oh well, you'd still have Crozier on your list. Ballantyne can't even play WAFL.
You're wrong, he was.

There is a reason why none of our fans could understand why he didn't stay in defense for us (where he played like he does for you) and instead was left in the forward line dropping hangers and otherwise being a ghost. Because he was a very ordinary forward.

I didn't want him to go but you're kidding yourself if you think Ballas staying had anything to do with Crozier leaving.

Any other names?

You're wrong, he was.

There is a reason why none of our fans could understand why he didn't stay in defense for us (where he played like he does for you) and instead was left in the forward line dropping hangers and otherwise being a ghost. Because he was a very ordinary forward.

I didn't want him to go but you're kidding yourself if you think Ballas staying had anything to do with Crozier leaving.

Any other names?

He'd be a pretty handy player to have on your list right now especially in your backline.

Lyon just couldn't get the best out of him I suppose.

Crozier will go on to have a productive career at the Bulldogs.

Ballantyne has been a spud since about 2015.

All part of Lyon's masterplan it was!

He'd be a pretty handy player to have on your list right now especially in your backline.

Lyon just couldn't get the best out of him I suppose.

Crozier will go on to have a productive career at the Bulldogs.

Ballantyne has been a spud since about 2015.

All part of Lyon's masterplan it was!
See, when you ignore the question and talk like this everybody just knows you have an axe to grind. That's great, there are a million more of you on BF but go and find a thread about Ross to grind in.

See, when you ignore the question and talk like this everybody just knows you have an axe to grind. That's great, there are a million more of you on BF but go and find a thread about Ross to grind in.

You're right champ.

It was brilliant of Ross to send a 24 year old with potential packing and keep Ballantyne for a further two seasons.

That move will pay dividends for the next five years I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back