Fremantle Under Longmuir

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Turned up on the road for the first time today. They're a good side but reliant on youth for depth because they fall away quickly - like most teams really.

Mundy and Brayshaw have been exceptional. If Fyfe and Walters get rolling and one of the tall forwards can do the job each week they're a strong finals chance.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
We still have a way to go before we are finals bound. I'm not sure if it will happen this year but I do feel we'll get stronger as the year goes on. Lobb, Logue and Sturt are all under done and are all best 22. Walters can't play too much worse either. I like where we are going with our gameplay and you can see it's starting to click because average to good players look better in teams where the gamplan clicks. Aish and Schultz are good examples today.

Richmond are the gold standard for that at the moment where role players know their role and smash it week after week (Castagna, Liam Baker etc...).

Like I said, we have a way to go but I'm feeling pretty positive.

reg_lower91

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watsonia F.C.
Really rate Longmuir and think he’s building a very good system over there. Had every excuse - with injuries - to have not won a game this year and yet they find themselves ahead on the ledger. Job well done in my book. Their season shapes for an interesting one as blokes come back from injuries in the second half of the season.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Really rate Longmuir and think he’s building a very good system over there. Had every excuse - with injuries - to have not won a game this year and yet they find themselves ahead on the ledger. Job well done in my book. Their season shapes for an interesting one as blokes come back from injuries in the second half of the season.
Think that comes from 2020 decimated with injuries. He could’ve blooded youth, made excuses but covered for Hamling and Pearce by Ryan making AA and Cox helping out. This year it’s the same thing but has massive faith in Cox, Ryan and Logue. Rates them highly. JLo is an optimistic guy and the team has shown that on the field

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Turned up on the road for the first time today. They're a good side but reliant on youth for depth because they fall away quickly - like most teams really.

Mundy and Brayshaw have been exceptional. If Fyfe and Walters get rolling and one of the tall forwards can do the job each week they're a strong finals chance.
Every experienced player we have (over 24) is playing or injured except Blakely. It's good for development and building that depth but leaves us exposed in a hurry if you get injuries concentrated in one part of the ground (defense last year).

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ogrebait posted this on the Freo board. Thought it was worth posting here.
Great wraps for J-Lo, interesting read , let's hope he's got the offensive tact as well .
Really like Aish but geez wouldn't it have been nice if J-Lo had bought Darcy Moore and/or Brodie Mihocek with him as well ?!

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Does today’s belting bode well?

Still sitting 4-3, but wins have been over GWS (10th), Adelaide (12th), Hawthorn (16th) and North Melbourne (18th).

Tough draw coming up, especially in the back half of the year and being essentially carried by their gun older players and Brayshaw today.

Interesting few weeks for the club.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Does today’s belting bode well?

Still sitting 4-3, but wins have been over GWS (10th), Adelaide (12th), Hawthorn (16th) and North Melbourne (18th).

Tough draw coming up, especially in the back half of the year and being essentially carried by their gun older players and Brayshaw today.

Interesting few weeks for the club.

Proof that this is a troll thread sticking your head up now?

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Proof that this is a troll thread sticking your head up now?

It’s a reasonable question surely?

Fremantle are still decidedly middle-of-the-road, haven’t beaten a team above them on the ladder and their best players this season have been their veterans.

Bottom 5-10 players look very poor.

Back