Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Bump....

Freo vs saints review

Impressive win vs the saints.

Saints had Carlton at docklands the previous game and best Carlton.

Freo took on port in Perth and narrowly won.

Prior to the Freo vs saints game, saints had 8 days rest. Freo only had 6 days of rest

Wabjub

Official buddy 2022 - The Raz
Mar 24, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
The meth head Eagles and WAFL elite they prove you can have white line fever with no repercussions or have the WAFL state side to carry a few premierships. But they have selective memory.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Credit to Longmuir - Freo are probably the best side in the comp at winning matches when they're played at breakneck speed and intensity. I honestly don't think any other side has been as impressive in that scenario and I think they'll be well suited to the type of games we usually see in September. Their problem is that they struggle when:
A: The opposition play a slow game and drag their back six out of position
B: It's wet and their less physical players go to water and can't contribute

I'll be surprised if the tiges get within 5 goals of them this Friday night as conditions will be perfect and Richmond seem to be incapable of playing anything other than ballistic + high energy footy. However, Longmuir needs to have some stones and drop Walters for good, he's completely cooked and is an utter liability these days

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Credit to Longmuir - Freo are probably the best side in the comp at winning matches when they're played at breakneck speed and intensity. I honestly don't think any other side has been as impressive in that scenario and I think they'll be well suited to the type of games we usually see in September. Their problem is that they struggle when:
A: The opposition play a slow game and drag their back six out of position
B: It's wet and their less physical players go to water and can't contribute

I'll be surprised if the tiges get within 5 goals of them this Friday night as conditions will be perfect and Richmond seem to be incapable of playing anything other than ballistic + high energy footy. However, Longmuir needs to have some stones and drop Walters for good, he's completely cooked and is an utter liability these days
Yes. He just can't find form and it's been a while. At least 2 years. I love Walters but maybe it's time.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Watching the Richmond game the other night, one player really stood out to me - Freo's Hayden Young.

He is a very very very good player and one who probably flys under the radar a bit too.

His decision making was always ice cool and the right ones, never ever look flustered or panicked in general play, his disposal was always attacking and pinpoint plus he read the game and flight of the ball excellently.

If he ever wanted to move back to Victoria, I'd welcome him with open arms at Princes Park.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Watching the Richmond game the other night, one player really stood out to me - Freo's Hayden Young.

He is a very very very good player and one who probably flys under the radar a bit too.

His decision making was always ice cool and the right ones, never ever look flustered or panicked in general play, his disposal was always attacking and pinpoint plus he read the game and flight of the ball excellently.

If he ever wanted to move back to Victoria, I'd welcome him with open arms at Princes Park.

You’re right but he’s flown under the radar because he’s played 20 odd games of footy and had injury interruptions over his first 2 years. So never had the chance to be in a Rising Star race or anything.

Now into his 3rd year he’s getting some continuity and is just getting better week by week. He’s always had a laser kick and that is starting to translate more often in games, setting up a lot of our plays from half back but his game sense, aerial capacity and bravery is what sets him up to be an elite player. He’s projecting to be a better version of Tom Stewart atm.

And sorry to burst your bubble but he loves it at Freo and just signed a 4 year extension the other week.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

He is an absolute gem. Looks like he could be an elite intercept defender or even an inside/outside mid as his ground ball game is underrated and his kicking is lethal. He still makes the odd turnover but he goes for aggressive kicks with tiny margins for error and opens up the corridor. At least one list manager said they’d have taken him at pick 1 in his draft year. Even pick 7 seems like a steal. He and Chapman are going to be some combo.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SOS was prepared to trade up to get Young too. Think he had him at 3.

I can see the Blues making a play for him when he’s OOC. Perfect replacement for Docherty.
Drafted in 2019. Hayden young is solid.

Only problem is you gotta wait.

Out of contract until 2027. That's his 8th season at freo when he becomes a free agent

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
The Dockers have definitely improved this year and will play finals, so credit where credit is due.

However, the team's performances in wet weather conditions would have to be getting to be a concern now. Gold Coast and Collingwood carved up the Dockers in rain-affected matches in May, while Melbourne inflicted a hiding on Fremantle in the wet last night. IIRC the Sydney Swans also beat the Dockers on a damp, but not overly wet game at Optus Stadium in June.

So if the Dockers run out for their first finals match this year to a fine sunny spring afternoon, things have a chance of going well. Run out onto a cold wet night be it in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane - things may not go so well for Fremantle.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Dockers have definitely improved this year and will play finals, so credit where credit is due.

However, the team's performances in wet weather conditions would have to be getting to be a concern now. Gold Coast and Collingwood carved up the Dockers in rain-affected matches in May, while Melbourne inflicted a hiding on Fremantle in the wet last night. IIRC the Sydney Swans also beat the Dockers on a damp, but not overly wet game at Optus Stadium in June.

So if the Dockers run out for their first finals match this year to a fine sunny spring afternoon, things have a chance of going well. Run out onto a cold wet night be it in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane - things may not go so well for Fremantle.
Demons belted us last night regardless if the grass was wet or dry

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Longmuir has taken a team of average players and turned them into an elite outfit. They struggled when the Swans slowed the game down and kept possession, but so long as Longmuir can learn from it is all which really matters
I agree. Swans struggled in the 1st half vs Freo then changed some things at half-time and swing the game in the swans favour.

Freo played garbage vs the tigers yet somehow got a draw.

Demons turned the lights on in Perth and smashed Freo.

Dockers then beat the dogs in Docklands. Got lucky in some parts of the game.

Dockers made full use of the dogs short backline in having a 206 cm Rory Lobb and 198 cm Matt Taberner in the forward 50.

Dockers scored 14.10.94, that's the exact score dockers had vs the demons at the MCG a few weeks back.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
They continue to surprise me this year, big win against the Dogs. Good on them, they're in a good position to make the top 4 now with the remaining games they have left. Look forward to seeing how they fare in the finals.

BigAlpha3

Senior List
Aug 16, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bucks, Crystal Palace
So that's 14 straight games under 100 points
Round 17, 2022

Fremantle 17.9 - 111 def St Kilda 10.10 - 70

6 Games this season we have fallen one goal short of 100, not horrific by any means, and all wins bar one against Geelong in Geelong this year have been when we’ve scored over 80. Our scoring in losses is poor and makes the games when we are beaten look especially bad, given teams completely shut down our scoring power and it’s something we need to improve on for sure but there’s signs of scoring potential

Back