Preview Fremantle - v - Adelaide ; a pivotal game

ThePurpleHeart

Draftee
Feb 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey Gav are you familiar with Adelaide Oval?
I got my ticket and it appears to be general admission as it doesn't have a block number and seat 776?
Is this standing only?

View attachment 666080
Hey there - it’s a guest pass for the Western Stand, which is an AO member’s only area. The premium seats in this area are pre-sold, the rest are GA. So long as you can, the best thing to do is to stand on the concourse in the marked areas on the wing.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
If you are close enough to the boundary have a good listen to Jesse.

I was on the boundary in Canberra

He swears like a trooper haha. Even at himself

But especially at everyone that moves, teammates or not haha. It's quite comical if you don't have kids with you
I've paid the $75 for the ticket to see this game sitting alongside my Crows supporting family. Given the terrible record we have there it is an ugly price to pay if we cop a loss, but will pay dividends if we jag a win.

Looking forward to Nyhuis versus Betts.

Looking forward to a zero goals next to Walker.

Looking forward to getting a real life look at our forward line.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Thats a good move. Blakley is good but he is not fyfe. We are winning and second on the ladder. No one should lose their spot right now because they don't have a "name"
Duman, Cox, Darcey, Bewley into the extended squad.

No Blakley

All named on the Bench.

No outs.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I got my ticket and it appears to be general admission as it doesn't have a block number and seat 776?
Is this standing only?

View attachment 666080
Sorry can't help you. I have a Members Guest ticket, so I will be deep in enemy territory.

If we win and I get pitched over the railing, send my remains back to Bali thanks mate. I'm no wallflower.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry can't help you. I have a Members Guest ticket, so I will be deep in enemy territory.

If we win and I get pitched over the railing, send my remains back to Bali thanks mate. I'm no wallflower.

Just go harder for longer (and hope the boys pull through for you)!

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Is this standing only?

View attachment 666080
Not standing only.

There are a number seats marked ga. The ones in front of the hill are. Or tier 3 at the very top.

There are other ones.

I like the view from tier 3, you get see the entire game.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I've got way more confidence in this team away from home compared to previous seasons. They should aim to break a few hoodoos this year, starting with the Canberra game last week, and continuing Adelaide Oval this weekend. Throw in the dreaded Hobart game in a couple of months for good measure.
so we'd be the gurus of hoodoos?
I like it.
Like Wow, Wipeout! :cool:

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Is this standing only?

View attachment 666080
Western Stand. Northern and southern ends. No reserved seating (basically sit wherever you want). Generally good seating

Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle

Hey, Gav! if you know your way around the oval, would be worth wandering down to the cheer squad in your gear - sometimes they ask for more volunteers to lift the banner if we’re short a number.

I will miss watching my boys at AO, would have loved to see them win one there after sitting through two 80 plus floggings. 😂

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey, Gav! if you know your way around the oval, would be worth wandering down to the cheer squad in your gear - sometimes they ask for more volunteers to lift the banner if we’re short a number.

I will miss watching my boys at AO, would have loved to see them win one there after sitting through two 80 plus floggings. 😂
If we win, you can’t go to another game to see us at Adelaide Oval.

(Just half kidding)

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not reverting to horrible football on the road would be a win regardless of the result. I think it will be close for 3QTs but Crows will probably take this by 3-4 goals.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we can go goal for goal with them until the 4th then the boys will have a strong belief that the game can be won due to our finishing power this season.

I rate the GWS, Doggies and Crows midfield groups as quite strong but all 3 lack either an experienced Ruckman or a Ruckman that can match Lobb around the ground. The Crows are slower than us on the outside and it's our outside run that may win it for us. Their inside grunt is pretty formidable and if Fyfe, Mundy and Tucker get in there and feed Hilly and Langdon it will go a long way to a Fremantle Victory.

We cannot bomb it long as they get much of their drive off their hb flankers. We cannot let Laird, Smith and McKay rebound because they will cut us up with their kicking. Not So much Laird but he gets some much of it that it's death by 1000 cuts. As long as our pressure is good forward of the ball we can really force the kicking wide and down the line.

Going to be an interesting game and I haven't felt this excited about playing in Adelaide is some time. I just hope the boys bring the effort and never say die attitude.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
If we can go goal for goal with them until the 4th then the boys will have a strong belief that the game can be won due to our finishing power this season.

I rate the GWS, Doggies and Crows midfield groups as quite strong but all 3 lack either an experienced Ruckman or a Ruckman that can match Lobb around the ground. The Crows are slower than us on the outside and it's our outside run that may win it for us. Their inside grunt is pretty formidable and if Fyfe, Mundy and Tucker get in there and feed Hilly and Langdon it will go a long way to a Fremantle Victory.

We cannot bomb it long as they get much of their drive off their hb flankers. We cannot let Laird, Smith and McKay rebound because they will cut us up with their kicking. Not So much Laird but he gets some much of it that it's death by 1000 cuts. As long as our pressure is good forward of the ball we can really force the kicking wide and down the line.

Going to be an interesting game and I haven't felt this excited about playing in Adelaide is some time. I just hope the boys bring the effort and never say die attitude.

Alex Keath is another we want to keep accountable, he's been like a mini-McGovern in recent weeks. Need to keep a body on him when we go high and long into our F50. Good summary though, I'm expecting a ripping contest too. Their "19th" man is going to be a factor which is why this will be just as tough as the Giants game imo, it's vital we get scoreboard pressure early and keep the crowd passive for as long as possible

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

In the end I think these two sides are quite well matched in terms of "who should win", but we are pretty flakey in terms of performance with players still uncertain about themselves as a unit, and an away game at a venue that we have been historically rubbish at. If I was a bookie I would have the Crows well in front of us.

You have highlighted some things which are just a little bit different, for example, we are a bit faster on the outside. Not a huge thing, but I hope enough that Lyon can get the players to work it as an edge for us. Lobb versus O'Brien is critical.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Alex Keath is another we want to keep accountable, he's been like a mini-McGovern in recent weeks. Need to keep a body on him when we go high and long into our F50. Good summary though, I'm expecting a ripping contest too. Their "19th" man is going to be a factor which is why this will be just as tough as the Giants game imo, it's vital we get scoreboard pressure early and keep the crowd passive for as long as possible
He's great to watch, but he might be in for a bit of a shock in this game. Likely to be matching Taberner.

Back