Votes: 1 12.5%
  • North Melbourne by exactly one goal

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • North Melbourne by 29+

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The footy world made the wrong call on North this year. Everyone has acknowledged it. Think it’s time you let it go.
Footy world underestimated the age profile of their 22, they're going really well and their supporters should be rightly stoked. I do though feel like they are neither rebuilding or having a tilt at building towards a flag, they are just playing competitive footy with no real end game. Props to them for their efforts though for sure.

Those easy misses in the 1st quarter when it was dry really made it a lot more difficult than it should have been, well done to Freo for slogging it out.

The footy world made the wrong call on North this year. Everyone has acknowledged it. Think it’s time you let it go.
Because you wouldn’t take any joy out of calling people out on their predictions if your side drastically exceeded the expectations of the general football community?

North supporters have every right to be up and about

Footy world underestimated the age profile of their 22, they're going really well and their supporters should be rightly stoked. I do though feel like they are neither rebuilding or having a tilt at building towards a flag, they are just playing competitive footy with no real end game. Props to them for their efforts though for sure.

Rebuilding in the BF/media sense is being horrific for 3-4 years and getting top 3 picks. That has never worked. We are getting games into young guys and teaching them a winning culture. Guys like Durdin, McKay & EVW seamlessly replace Thompson, Preuss in for Goldstein and Wood/Garner for Waite. LDU, Ahern and Thomas (next year) add class to the midfield grunt.
I believe it’s better the young guys know how to win, rather than getting belted by 80-100 each week and somehow expected to one day compete. A club also never attracts top talent being horrid.

Those easy misses in the 1st quarter when it was dry really made it a lot more difficult than it should have been, well done to Freo for slogging it out.
Bam, just goes in low with the subtle backhanded compliment.

Should be a cracker but expect the Roos will beat us. Puts the 2017 final round thrashing into perspective. Clearly a much better team than most thought.
I give the Lions a sneaky chance. We're coming back from a slog in the Perth wet, with one less day to prepare.

It has the smell of a game that we could let slip.

I watched our reserves beat Box Hill (Hawthorn) comfortably yesterday and saw a lot of young players auditioning for a spot in the AFL, so I am more optimistic about our future than you seem to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over officiated and poor skills, but great endeavour and pressure from both sides. Good defensive running too in crap conditions.

Hamling should have got a free, but I guess that was the footy gods making up for a few dubious free kicks and non-frees paid to freo, which resulted in a few early goals. Good game freo, best of luck for the rest of the year. There’s a lot of good youth at freo, but I feel Ross will waste them in the long-term.

Oh well. That was fecked.

Good game North though. I do rate you guys.

Some truly shitty umpiring there, but if you are in a position where those calls impact the game that heavily, then you haven't played well enough.
Freo were lucky to be close at all after North kicked 0.6 early in the first qtr.

I can't quite come to terms with the audacity in this post.

The umpire was your best goal kicker today.

Rebuilding in the BF/media sense is being horrific for 3-4 years and getting top 3 picks. That has never worked. We are getting games into young guys and teaching them a winning culture. Guys like Durdin, McKay & EVW seamlessly replace Thompson, Preuss in for Goldstein and Wood/Garner for Waite. LDU, Ahern and Thomas (next year) add class to the midfield grunt.
I believe it’s better the young guys know how to win, rather than getting belted by 80-100 each week and somehow expected to one day compete. A club also never attracts top talent being horrid.
I mean evidence says otherwise doesn't it? Especially in recent times? Hawthorn bottomed out big to pick up buddy, Roughy, Lewis, Hodge etc who were all top picks? Richmond did the same with Reiwoldt, Dusty and Cotchin. These teams did have awful years that built the core of their teams. I honestly hope i'm wrong because I really like North and I admire the culture your club has. To be honest, I probably underrate your young talent but it's just how I feel about your current form. Congrats on your year, you should be over the moon, I hope you continue to defy the odds.

Very Hawthorn/Geelong/Sydney-esque rebuild. Yet they don't cop flak for it

Over officiated and poor skills, but great endeavour and pressure from both sides. Good defensive running too in crap conditions.

Hamling should have got a free, but I guess that was the footy gods making up for a few dubious free kicks and non-frees paid to freo, which resulted in a few early goals. Good game freo, best of luck for the rest of the year. There’s a lot of good youth at freo, but I feel Ross will waste them in the long-term.

The Hamling free was downright Fifa corruption. Ump was in the perfect spot to see it and did nothing except literally shrug his shoulders.

Completely killed the game.

Back