Game Day Fremantle vs Brisbane - AFLW Rnd 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So just like the blokes team in 2016 :D
A lot of similarities , tab drop mark at crucial time , suban get caught holding the ball, d.Pearce kicking inside 50 , lee spurr switching to middle intercepted or mark by opposition opponent , mayne convention . All coming back like flashback . No more please really unfair to the women team.

In other words we're getting beaten in every key part of the game? Can't kick, can't mark, not winning enough contested ball.
I don't think it is about being beaten all over the park, we just can't win contested ball for a clearance. If that was fixed we would be much better.

We need to inject some better kicks, better marks or change the plan - not all three at once.

The players are really good at picking up the tumbling ground ball, with a clearance player in the middle we could make use of it.

I don't think it is about being beaten all over the park, we just can't win contested ball for a clearance. If that was fixed we would be much better.

We need to inject some better kicks, better marks or change the plan - not all three at once.

The players are really good at picking up the tumbling ground ball, with a clearance player in the middle we could make use of it.
Nobody to pass , kiera Bowes said that her teammates rush their passes.

The money Freo invested into that team, we should be at the top of the ladder. Our stocks got absolutely raided, our superstar did her knee days after being drafted. Bad luck and poorly invested money. Our captain tries to do too much, but stuffs up, I mean seriously, double baulk and missed opportunity at goal. Caught holding the ball last week. She needs to play the team game. I'm gonna be as critical of this team as I would the boys. It's a very short season, after 2 rounds it's nearly over. Almost 0 chance of finishing top 2 now.

I'll do my duty. The captain is having to do too much because she's on her own without any quality support. I mean having someone run past for the handball at a stoppage would be a luxury. And although she fumbled the second baulk she still set up an easy shot on goal from half the distance of her initial set shot but the kick was an absolute shocker!

I blame it on assistant coach .merrett vs hazza 1-0

Nobody to pass , kiera Bowes said that her teammates rush their passes.
They are there but they aren't looking for them, elite athletes can rush the park footballers with pressure.

Its old school footy, thats why we need big bodies to win the hard ball. Our key positions should start in the middle. It isn't a pace game yet, their size won't compromise their effectiveness.

Why? As supporters why shouldn't we see return for investment.

You're basically upset because you bought into the hype too much and now the reality doesn't meet your unrealistic expectations. It's stupid because these girls aren't full-time professionals who have been kicking footies since early childhood, like the men. This is about as hodepodge a team as you'll see. Holding them to the same standards is illogical.

I think we have every right to be disappointed but I'm not sure about throwing our toys out of the cot because we're not the best team after two bloody rounds

I've reserved judgement until I saw a full game live, but that was elite sport was it? LOL. Belongs on a suburban park being watched by 50 people and twelve dogs like every other amateur team ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're basically upset because you bought into the hype too much and now the reality doesn't meet your unrealistic expectations. It's stupid because these girls aren't full-time professionals who have been kicking footies since early childhood, like the men. This is about as hodepodge a team as you'll see. Holding them to the same standards is illogical.

I think we have every right to be disappointed but I'm not sure about throwing our toys out of the cot because we're not the best team after two bloody rounds

All the other teams are in the same boat, yet we sit bottom of the ladder. I'm not comparing them with the men's team, I'm comparing them with their competition. And holding them accountable to the same standards of competitiveness I expect from the men. Why with our money and coaches, apparently top notch squad, are we cellar dwellers? I don't dislike individual players, they seem to have committed to the cause and look devastated. The problem is with the system, management, coaching etc. every choice should be examined.

Just no luck , Perth glory women also losing 0-2.

I'll do my duty. The captain is having to do too much because she's on her own without any quality support. I mean having someone run past for the handball at a stoppage would be a luxury. And although she fumbled the second baulk she still set up an easy shot on goal from half the distance of her initial set shot but the kick was an absolute shocker!
Why did she bounce? Was never going to more than 15m run.
Yep. Houghton and Mickel are new. Cain and Barr a season or two. O'Sullivan one season but played from ages 6 to 14. They may be one more. The rest have been playing in the WAWFL for years.

All the other teams are in the same boat, yet we sit bottom of the ladder. I'm not comparing them with the men's team, I'm comparing them with their competition. And holding them accountable to the same standards of competitiveness I expect from the men. Why with our money and coaches, apparently top notch squad, are we cellar dwellers? I don't dislike individual players, they seem to have committed to the cause and look devastated. The problem is with the system, management, coaching etc. every choice should be examined.
Abosulutely spot on .

I've reserved judgement until I saw a full game live, but that was elite sport was it? LOL. Belongs on a suburban park being watched by 50 people and twelve dogs like every other amateur team ever.

There's some patches of brilliance. Harris was great.

But lots of it is average, I agree.
But they're part timers on their first year developing the comp so...

Got one moment one of the the tall player near goal want to pick it up instead of just soccer the ball is a joke . if she soccer it the worse is behind .

Weird that I am in for a split emotion for the women team, one moment I want to defend them as semi pro another moment I am pretty mad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back