Game Day Fremantle vs Brisbane - AFLW Rnd 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an irrational thought I know, but watching these girls struggle in the same areas our men's team have for years is making me worried about the upcoming season.

I don't think it's completely irrational...you can see the likeness of the playstyle of each of the women's teams from their mens teams.

It's only natural that the gameplan, tactics etc they employ would emulate the male team since it's still one club and the mens team players and coaches are the resource to turn to as they are more experienced and thus would impart their knowledge.

My 2cents....fell asleep halfway through but viewed enough at the start and especially last quarter to question both coaching and recruiting. Who are our key forwards and defenders (I know we missed Antonio who was a gun last week)? One lady, Harris beat us consistently at both ends....OK she is a gun, well determine a plan to limit her influence - this seemed completely lacking. Anyway, onwards and upward.

I feel that the errors were made at the selection table, but they may have been outside Cowan's control.

Freo got the two best available midfielders as their Marquee players. We lost one with a knee injury.
Brisbane took Sabrina Frederick-Taub from WA and Tayla Harris. They were dominant today, and even did well in the wet last week.
Collingwood took the best ruck in the comp from WA for their Marquee and Adelaide's co-captain is also a tall Marquee from WA.

We have looked short in both games. That gives us a disadvantage at centre clearances and contested marks. Even with the tackling and ferocity, it just takes a few moments and dominant long kicks like SFT and Harris can destroy you. How many long kicks do we have?
Quarters are 15 minutes with no time on. If you get a lead, it's just a matter of destroying the ball again and again.

The boundary umpire on the clubhouse side consistently threw the ball terribly. I ended up clapping when he eventually threw the ball well. As a result the ball rarely went near the designated rucks. When a nearby player touched the ball on the full, they had a free kick paid against them. This happened at least twice. Because his throws were so shallow, the ball usually just ended up over the line again. Wasted almost half the last quarter this way.

I would much prefer a ten minute game with time on and stoppages. It would discourage the time wasting and kicking to boundary line.

Have you even watched the highlights yet??
Your support appears mediocre.
Do you find that acceptable??

I was thinking about the spear chucker,netball, wog ball and whatever other ball converts but not specifically our team.
You mean the highlights of other teams kicking our butts? Then yes seen them, so not impressed
I was at a wedding last game (probably not that important compared to footy now i think of it), and spent this Saturday and Sunday helping fix broken fences and roofs for people with storm damage. Real crappy excuses i know, totally not acceptable.
On a side note wog is a racial slur!!! No different from saying fellows, spicks, abos or boongs

I feel that the errors were made at the selection table, but they may have been outside Cowan's control.

Freo got the two best available midfielders as their Marquee players. We lost one with a knee injury.
Brisbane took Sabrina Frederick-Taub from WA and Tayla Harris. They were dominant today, and even did well in the wet last week.
Collingwood took the best ruck in the comp from WA for their Marquee and Adelaide's co-captain is also a tall Marquee from WA.

We have looked short in both games. That gives us a disadvantage at centre clearances and contested marks. Even with the tackling and ferocity, it just takes a few moments and dominant long kicks like SFT and Harris can destroy you. How many long kicks do we have?
Quarters are 15 minutes with no time on. If you get a lead, it's just a matter of destroying the ball again and again.

The boundary umpire on the clubhouse side consistently threw the ball terribly. I ended up clapping when he eventually threw the ball well. As a result the ball rarely went near the designated rucks. When a nearby player touched the ball on the full, they had a free kick paid against them. This happened at least twice. Because his throws were so shallow, the ball usually just ended up over the line again. Wasted almost half the last quarter this way.

I would much prefer a ten minute game with time on and stoppages. It would discourage the time wasting and kicking to boundary line.
I don't disagree with you, but overall still a very disappointed outing consider on paper freo and bulldog are the top team expected to meet in GF .

I need someone to answer the question has she coached a side to a premiership.
So what RTB hasn't coached a team to a Premiership at AFL level neither has Craig Starcevich who coached the Brisbane team today. So whats your point ?

You mean the highlights of other teams kicking our butts? Then yes seen them, so not impressed
I was at a wedding last game (probably not that important compared to footy now i think of it), and spent this Saturday and Sunday helping fix broken fences and roofs for people with storm damage. Real crappy excuses i know, totally not acceptable.
On a side note wog is a racial slur!!! No different from saying fellows, spicks, abos or boongs

What I was saying was and remains simple.On your own admission you had not seen any of the footy but were happy to accuse people of accepting mediocrity.
Nowhere did I enter into how you should spend your time although you should probably just get out a bit more:
wog ball .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I was saying was and remains simple.On your own admission you had not seen any of the footy but were happy to accuse people of accepting mediocrity.
Nowhere did I enter into how you should spend your time although you should probably just get out a bit more:
wog ball .
Loosing 8 quarters of footy in a row and saying thats alright is accepting mediocrity

Let's not lied to myself , this women team play a lot like 2016 version of men team . The only different is there is nobody to drop.

wog ball .
Wog is a slang word in the idiom of Australian English and British English, usually employed as an ethnic or racial slur and consideredderogatory and offensive.

In British English, wog is an offensive racial slur usually applied to black, Middle Easternor South Asian/Maritime Southeast Asianpeoples. In Australian English, wog is a term used as a racial slur mostly for people fromSouthern Europe and the Mediterranean region in general, including the Mediterranean region of the Middle East

From Wikipedia
Very racist scon.
Just because black people refer to themselves as fellows it doesn't mean others can same with wog

Just to clarify to those who keep saying we're bottom of the ladder - we're not. That privilege sits with Collingwood at the moment :D

Love the passion and bickering. I don't care how terrible the skills were, the effort was there - as indicated by the tackle count - and if they're pulling on a purple jumper, I'm supporting them. My expectations have been greatly lowered, but I'm cool with that. Hope they turn it around though. But in the mean time...

KNOCK KNOCK!!! :$ :mad: :'( :p

* that was frustrating to watch - all that play in the last qtr inside our 50 then they finally take it down their end for a big pack mark and a long bomb goal. From what I've seen we're one of the worst teams at grabbing the ball and blinding kicking it forward without even trying to look for a teammate.

On one hand we were lucky we got a couple of 50s to allow us to score, but on the other I don't know how it wasn't a clear 50 with the game on the line when the Brissy girl ran in late and pushed Hooker over after a mark inside 50. Besides the aforementioned 50s I felt like we consistently got the raw end of the umpiring.

Who's that nuggetty #4 for us? I really like the aggression she plays with.

Hopefully we sign the Bero sisters from the Pilbara in a few years time and all will be well after that. They should both be absolute guns.

Not that interested but at least watch the footy game before you start accusing the supporters of supporting mediocrity

I'm happy you have Wikipedia access but as I said get out a bit more.
You're from a weird mob and:
Shaddap You Face!
You just dont get it, whether you meant it in a derogatory way or not its still wrong. I am a bit shocked with how pc this forum is, that its allowed. Just another form of institutionalized racism

Just another form of institutionalized racism

Engage your Wikipedia referencing skills to research Irony/Humour:anything along those lines.
I've got ding mates and aboriginal mates who I will call wogs or blackfellas or whatever as part of the banter.It's a very common practise in the suburbs amongst friends.
Wog ball was coined on this forum by Bushie to denote soccer from memory and ain't offensive unless you'd like it to be.
A bad word made good.
Shaddap You Face!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back