Game Day Fremantle vs Carlton - JLT Round 3

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
In our last match against Collingwood our young kids and new recruits showed some positive signs and our ball movement was much improved compared to JLT 1. Tucker, Langdon, Billy and Hamling in particular were impressive.

Our forward line looked more dangerous going smaller but the consensus on the forum is that we missed an opportunity to play one of Tabs or Apeness to find some form and tryout some different structures.

Sandi looked superb and with the new rule changes, could prove to be our most valuable player come seasons end. The midfield will only get better with more minutes played.

This should give us our best indication of how we'll play and what our best 22 will look like for the upcoming season. How many players will we use this week?

Please post updated team lineups and news in here.

How do you want to see us lineup this week?

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Now it's down to business. You would have to say round 1 22 will come out of this squad. Looking forward to seeing who performs good enough to make the team

Gussman

All Australian
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would of thought that Tabs would of made it back into the at least the per-emergency squad.

Hopefully Cox gets a game, just so I can get a feel for him.

Can't see Cox and Logue both going in unless we remove some height. My guess is either Dawson or Cox is named an emergency. Had a problem of too much height in game 1.

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Brenan Cox and Griffin Logue come in. The squad will be cut to 24 tomorrow.

Peel Thunder vs. West Perth at Bendigo Bank Stadium (Rushton Park) on Saturday.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sean Darcy play limited minutes and next day play for peel

Collins out for logue
Hughes out for cox
Suban out for sherriden

My guess logue and cox cut game day and head back to peel next day.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Much as I want SCOS to succeed, I hope we smash the Blues into minuscule smithereens. Most hated club for me.

After West Coast.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Please line up in an orderly fashion and make your way to the melt thread when Logue, Cox and Darcy are left out;)

Other than that, pretty happy with the line up.

Kersten is clearly seen, at this time, as a more versatile forward than Tabs and Ape.

I hope, like others have said, that the Peel team members put enormous pressure on the selected team on Saturday.

Would also love really love for McCarthy and/or Kersten to get 2+ goals in this game to give me more confidence!!

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm surprised we haven't spent pages worrying about Rhys Palmer carving us up this weekend. He was traded for more than Barlow remember.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Spurr - Dawson - Hamling
Weller - Johnson - Sutty
B Hill - Mundy - S Hill
Walters - McCarthy - Langdon
Ballas - Griffin - Kersten

Sandi - Fyfe - Neale

Ibbo - D Pearce - Croz - Tucker - Blakely - Sherro

Assuming - Darcy, Cox, Logue are highly unlikely for Rnd 1 this is likely our best 22. We still need to cut 2 more from the bench for the H&A season.

Freo Dr

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Fremantle Vs the GWS/Fremantle B side eh?

Particularly with Kersten showing not much and then being hurt it surprises Tabs is not playing. Delivery into the forward line will have to be decent to leading forwards rather than bomb in hope. Either that or Jon Griffen will be the only one to have any hope of taking a mark in our crowded forward line.

Get a feeling our forward line is going to be mix and match all year though....

Back