Preview Fremantle vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Saturday 31/03/18 @ 7:40 PM

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Freo are debuting Crowden and Cerra.
Along with Brayshaw and Banfield thats a lot of inexperience.
I wouldn't be so confident if this was at Subi but...
Bombers by 4 goals.

Four players with two games between them, disappointing if we can’t win this one.

NO Merrett eh?

Freo

IN

• Joel Hamling,
  • Stephen Hill,
  • Adam Cerra,
  • Mitchell Crowden
OUT

• Cameron Sutcliffe (Omitted),
  • Shane Kersten (Omitted),
  • Darcy Tucker (Omitted),
  • Danyle Pearce (Omitted)
Essendon
  • No Change
How is D Pearce still on an afl list. Surely one of the worst players going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is D Pearce still on an afl list. Surely one of the worst players going around.
How has David Mackay managed to get nearly 200 games from being able to run fast?

Last time they played in Melbourne

Essendon INS: Michael Hurley, Cale Hooker, Adam Saad, Mitch Brown, Jake Stringer, Devon Smith, Matt Dea, Josh Green, Kyle Langford

Essendon Outs: Heath Hocking, Jayden Laverde, Mark Baguley, Martin Gleeson, James Kelly, Jobe Watson, Patrick Ambrose, Travis Colyer, David Myers

Fremantle INS: Nathan Wilson, Alex Pearce, Ed Langdon, Connor Blakely, Michael Walters, Cam McCarthy, Brandon Matera, Aaron Sandilands, Adam Cerra, Andrew Brayshaw, Mitchell Crowden, Bailey Bandfield

Fremantle OUTS: Jonothan Griffen, Lachie Weller, Hayden Crozier, Tom Sheriden, Sam Collins, Harley Bennell, Ethan Hughes, Darcy Tucker, Nick Suban, Brennan Cox, Cameron Sutcliff, Shane Kerstan

Merrett with a helmet(?), Josh with 100 games and Adam with his 50th :think:

Well this is gonna be interesting!

Some sports people react to accessories like the helmet, tennis players with certain arm bands, maybe it's gloves, sometimes gives players a psychological boost in confidence. Even if it's a look, like Agassi with long hair then short hair. Maybe it's shoes.

It's interesting is all i'm saying.

I've always thought it was Carlton number 1 in SA and Essendon number 1 in WA.

I think that's the case anyway
Lived in Perth growing up and recall a lot of people followed Richmond and North in the 70s because they had recruited a lit of West Aussie boys. Then in the 80s Sheeds went over there quite a bit and was a great ambassador for Essendon, particularly with the emphasis he put at the time in promoting indigenous players, and that would have built up our following. I never noticed Carlton as having a particularly big local following although 3 decades of success until late 90 would have helped. Maybe a whole lot of Blues fans moved there during the mining boom, both to get a job and escape the horror and mockery of following Carlton in the 21st century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back