Fremantle vs Essendon Round Up

Remove this Banner Ad

FreoDocker

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2001
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well if the Dockers were ever going to beat the bombers, tonight was going to be the night. Essendon played with more than 8 senior players out of their team, but I guess you can only play against the team that is put forward.

Anyway ....

Croad continued his good preseason form, attacking the ball hard, taking some good overhead marks, kicking 3 goals and could have ended up with a few more.

Waterhouse looks to be regaining some confidence kicking two goals and looking to be a strong contributor on the half forward line. Still made some typical Clive magic then miss efforts, but when he got his hands on the ball, he was actually holding onto it.

Medhurst continued to look like a good small forward taking some great marks and kicking 2 goals.

Bell had another great game, although he spent some time on the bench.

Siegert continued to press for his promotion off the rookie list, though his kicking let him down at times.

Polak performed well and showed some poise for his limited time on the field.

Parker and kickett were solid in defence.

Koops looked comfortable providing some run off the half back flank.

Pav had a great game at CHB providing plenty of run and moving into the midfield in the last Quarter resulting in him kicking 2 goals.

All in all the Dockers played good in patches, against a depleted Essendon side. However some of the young kids like Richards, Hunt, Harvey and Reynolds did well for the dons. But what’s Jason Johnson trying to do - Revive the Dermott Mullet of the late 80's??

All in all a win is a win and hopefully it'll give the team a bit of confidence going into the season proper.

One player who has impressed me is Koops. Until this year all I though he could do was wave his hands in the air and fall over, I'm now reveiwing my opinion.

I felt when we picked up Polak that he would spend most of this season with Old Easts, I think he may be retained in the 22.

The main thing is that they are fighting alot harder for the ball and not letting it out of the forward line as easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back