Game Day Fremantle vs Gold Coast. Rnd 2 @ Subi.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is likely Lemmens may need to be rested next week as i
Your not wrong, going to be hard to demote Sumner Hall and Shaw though. Question is who needs the practice more?

My thinking is there may be a couple of changes against Brisbane.

It is a long road trip which has to take its toll on the playing group.

I think Lemmens may be rested which is to be expected with the road trip and this being his first year in the system.

A lot will depend on match ups and form for those players in the seconds.

Time shall reveal all.

PS I will go with a long shot and say Russell will get a game next week!

I think it is likely Lemmens may need to be rested next week as i

My thinking is there may be a couple of changes against Brisbane.

It is a long road trip which has to take its toll on the playing group.

I think Lemmens may be rested which is to be expected with the road trip and this being his first year in the system.

A lot will depend on match ups and form for those players in the seconds.

Time shall reveal all.

PS I will go with a long shot and say Russell will get a game next week!
I think you might be onto something here :thumbsu: hopefully we can get Bennell back for Brisbane

Just got back from the game. Shocking weather first half. I've been a freo member for the past couple of years and this is only the 2nd time I've had to buy a poncho. Impressed that the Suns were only 2 goals down at half time but was a bit disappointed by their second half. Couldnt get the ball into their F50 and that was pretty much down to Sandilands dominance in the ruck.

Your not wrong, going to be hard to demote Sumner Hall and Shaw though. Question is who needs the practice more?
Shaw is ok I think. Hall and Sumner out for Boston and Bennell. I just hope Matera isn't going to miss games with that ankle, otherwise one of them will have to stay.

Kade 19 possessions on debut :thumbsu:, but lots of mistakes :eek: Was a tough game to debut, Fremantle in the wet in Fremantle :confused: Not sure if it gets harder, but he showed a fair bit.

I had originally thought May would be a forward but it's pretty clear he has all the tools to be a gun key back for many a year. Suns probably a bit tall tonight hence the margin blowing out a bit at the end but at the risk of sounding patronising I don't think the Suns disgraced themselves at all tonight.

KK was seriously impressive, kept an eye out for him all night and he already looks like a gun. Broughton had a bit of a stinker with ball in hand and made some blues but as usual he acquitted himself very well in contested situations and one on ones. Felt pretty sorry for young Nicholls tonight, Sandilands would have monstered any other ruckman especially in those conditions.

As the ground dried out Freo extended the gap, we were lucky to get away with a 50 point loss IMHO, dry conditions all day and it could of been much worse. Could be another long year

Positives, Kade, Day, experience, Freo are a quality side

Negatives, not much running around in the reserves that screamed for a call up

What a frustrating game to watch after half-time. Lost all structure and simply couldn't convert a goal.

Positives: First 5 minutes, Swallow, Kolo, Day, Jaeger's tackling, May's 1% efforts, boosted our frequent flyer miles to put towards the end of season trip.

Negatives: 46 inside 50's for 5 goals, the 2nd half. A lack of experience and leadership in the backline.

Shaw, Hall & Sumner all candidates for a run in the 2's.

Bennell, Russell surely to come in... Sexton/Warnock smokies

And wherefore art thou Bock... Thy steel rod be gone, hurry the f$@k up!

Last edited:
Commies, guys, our big bodies was the difference. Glad we got the points, but Your boys held their own til 3/4 time until we pulled away in the end. Wish we had some of your developing talls - May did well on his idol! Good luck for the rest of the year - you're my smokey for the 8 this year!

I miss how everyone in Australia speaks as if they're a character from a Dr. Seuss book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty unenthusiastic comentary and ablett looked liked like an old man in his final year of footy. Good effort thanks for the game.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ablett didn't have a great game. Honestly, after we had the 12-0 lead, the Dockers took over as the experienced, premiers in waiting that they are. You have a great team and I hope our club gets to that level in the next couple of years.

Deep down, I did want to see Gary kick Crowley's ass but, that's not Gary. He is a bigger man than I. ;-)

Yes Ablett was held by Crowley and at times made mistakes and appeared not to chase when needed BUT a lot of players did not have a great game so maybe it was due to Fremantles pressure. Crowley is a know niggler and sticks like glue always a great contest to watch though.
Was never going to be an easy game so glad that is over and done with.
Not sure why Shaw was subbed off was he injured or playing badly.?
Looked like lots of sore boys out there tonight lets hope they all come up for next week.
Hope Russell gets the call up.

Yes Ablett was held by Crowley and at times made mistakes and appeared not to chase when needed BUT a lot of players did not have a great game so maybe it was due to Fremantles pressure. Crowley is a know niggler and sticks like glue always a great contest to watch though.
Was never going to be an easy game so glad that is over and done with.
Not sure why Shaw was subbed off was he injured or playing badly.?
Looked like lots of sore boys out there tonight lets hope they all come up for next week.
Hope Russell gets the call up.

He was playing pretty badly but he wasn't the only one at that stage, so i'm surprised he got taken off

I had originally thought May would be a forward but it's pretty clear he has all the tools to be a gun key back for many a year. Suns probably a bit tall tonight hence the margin blowing out a bit at the end but at the risk of sounding patronising I don't think the Suns disgraced themselves at all tonight.

KK was seriously impressive, kept an eye out for him all night and he already looks like a gun. Broughton had a bit of a stinker with ball in hand and made some blues but as usual he acquitted himself very well in contested situations and one on ones. Felt pretty sorry for young Nicholls tonight, Sandilands would have monstered any other ruckman especially in those conditions.
Good post. Maysie looks to have really taken a step forward this year. Plays with aggression which is something I think we need more of from our back line. Clay is a good acquisition in this regard too. Agree with you too regarding Kolla. Very difficult conditions for him but I think in the dry he'll be a real asset.
Watching Tommy go up against Sandi made me laugh sometimes. Tommy would jump or push into him to gain some leverage but it was like trying to move a 100 year old Moreton Bay Fig tree. Couldn't move him an inch. Sandi then just sticks one massive paw up and sets the ball in whatever direction he felt like. Couldn't fault Tommy's effort though. Freo are a gun side and I hope you go one better this year. Good test for our boys to show them what level they need to get to, to compete with the best.

Just got back from the game. Shocking weather first half. I've been a freo member for the past couple of years and this is only the 2nd time I've had to buy a poncho. Impressed that the Suns were only 2 goals down at half time but was a bit disappointed by their second half. Couldnt get the ball into their F50 and that was pretty much down to Sandilands dominance in the ruck.
Yeah same. Just think their size, strength and experience got on top of us. We aren't a small side but their mids are huge. We need to recruit one or two 190cm+ bruisers into our midfield mix.

I don't think there was as much in it as you think. It was on for the first half. They couldn't kick away. Dead even contest. Freo players were saying the same thing after the game.

Games like this I don't think you look at the margin. You look at how long the contest was alive for. We had Freo going at 100% for the whole game and managed to go with them for the first half. Previous years they would've been at about 75% with a gear to spare, you know? Also, if we insist on bringing their inaccurate kicking into it, I'd point to last years grand final. It's in their DNA that when they're flying they can't kick in front of the sticks.

Thought you guys looked pretty damn solid in the first half, also handled the wet conditions pretty darn well!

Think you're a real Top 8 threat this year; possibly even a home final. Best luck.

Plenty of finals bound teams will be found out by freo this year. Decent effort, hopefully no injuries and we'll move onto next week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back