Game Day Fremantle vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West coast got smashed by Brisbane round one away and bounced back even they are up and down so far this year and they are the raining premiers

Lol at all the melts we are a young team still building with new players staring to gel and everyone is melting. As fyfe said himself it’s going to be a up and down year with the team. We are building a team and it’s not going to be a over night thing to be a gf side.

Yeah, fair call. And possible a good thing we lost too in the grand scheme of things. Don't want anybody getting any ideas that what we dished up is good enough for AFL level.

Shullz banfield Brayshaw were very poor today. Pearce and hamling were pretty average too. Our midfield was pathetic except for 10 mins in 3rd quarter. We had no run at all. It was 3 to one all day. Just a lack of defensive workrate.

Lol at all the melts we are a young team still building with new players staring to gel and everyone is melting. As fyfe said himself it’s going to be a up and down year with the team. We are building a team and it’s not going to be a over night thing to be a gf side.

A young new team is a reasonable excuse for guys not knowing the game plan or executing it. It's no excuse when you're in a one on one for pulling out of contests and letting your opponent run away from you. We were soft.

Ultimately lost at the selection table and through the unforgiveable laziness of just about every one of our midfielders and defenders. It's no coincidence that our only half decent period of play coincided with clearing Lobb and Hogan out of the forward line and clearing space for Taberner and McCarthy. One of the four has to go out for next week.

I can see Bradesman has popped up again to troll one of his trigger players, but Hill was just about the only one out there actually running and contesting as hard as they were. More than I can say for Mundy, Pearce, Hughes, Wilson, Walters, Hamling, Tucker, Darcy, Conca and a whole load of others.

Something like that. Stuck with a losing combo in the middle for too long - not that we had a lot of options.

But it's work rate among other things, thought we woke up in the 3rd before running out of puff in the last. But first half especially, looked like 3/4 of the team were all on valium.
If we could sub Darcy out of the game and replace him with another tall from our list I expect we would have done it halfway through the second quarter.

He was not able to compete against a giant. Witts dominated a lot of rucks last year in similar fashion.

I do love a positive Pete, but you have to admit the effort was not there in the last 5min where GCS were playing very hard

I watched a full eagles game the other day and there method is so obvious. we are such a mystery team.
You'd notice our players setting up away from the contest waiting for the handball, they did the same to us this week and won the ball out of the middle for the quick handball, cut us to bits.

When we win the first touch we look a million bucks.

Gold Coast were very impressive and expect them to be tough to beat on their home deck.

Shouldn't be underestimated. They played a good game as a team. They are fast and spread well. They just need to get enough ball - which we were happy to hand them. Their work from HB through the middle was far superior most of the day. They were like us last week, just didn't take their chances. If they had, it would have effectively been the inverse of our game against the Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More excited than nervous today!

Very keen to see how we structure up. If our fwd half pressure is up again we should be right but we can't expect a domination every week like North game.

I'm worried for their backline, Sam Collins at full back ain't the best look. Thompson is a massive out for them this season after the loss of May.
took the game saving mark....

That was Lyons game plan from last year. In the first quarter when Taberner marked wing/half forward - nobody forward to kick to - I thought oh not this s**t from past years . We were players behind the ball at 10mins into the first quarter.

Seriously Lyon has a perverse obsession with defense. Where was the fast movement, where were the low entries into the forward line. THIS is Ross Lyon football not last week. In 2015 we had a couple of games like last week in the first 6 weeks then it turned into this s**t for the remainder of the season.

What a sad post. Blaming Ross for the loss and giving him no credit for the win.
And BTW, Freo, scored over 100 points in round 7 & 8 of 2015 and won 10 of their next 12 games after round 6 ... so I'm not sure why you make that argument, other than the fact that it is a favourite false story told by anti-Lyon posters around here.

I guess GC were on their knees 18 mths ago and had to go into an almost total club rebuild so they’re in survival mode. We on the other hand are going ok, so it was to be expected that they’d want it more. A bit of perspective goes a long way. We’ll be alright.

What a sad post. Blaming Ross for the loss and giving him no credit for the win.
And BTW, Freo, scored over 100 points in round 7 & 8 of 2015 and won 10 of their 12 games after round 6 ... so I'm not sure why you make that argument, other than the fact that it is a favourite false story told by anti-Lyon posters around here.

How long you peddling that story, read up on ole Gunnar and see what a good coach can achieve, guy has been in charge 9 seasons now? We made one premiership and now are going backwards fast, not many people get this many opportunities be what 4 straigh finals misses if we miss again?

West coast got smashed by Brisbane round one away and bounced back even they are up and down so far this year and they are the raining premiers
The feeling I'm getting is that this year anyone can beat anyone until the clubs sort out all these rule changes, could quite well be the most even year for teams ever if this keeps up.

How long you peddling that story, read up on ole Gunnar and see what a good coach can achieve, guy has been in charge 9 seasons now? We made one premiership and now are going backwards fast, not many people get this many opportunities be what 4 straigh finals misses if we miss again?

Funny you didn't post that last week ... I wonder why? Sad.

That was Lyons game plan from last year. In the first quarter when Taberner marked wing/half forward - nobody forward to kick to - I thought oh not this s**t from past years . We were players behind the ball at 10mins into the first quarter.

Seriously Lyon has a perverse obsession with defense. Where was the fast movement, where were the low entries into the forward line. THIS is Ross Lyon football not last week. In 2015 we had a couple of games like last week in the first 6 weeks then it turned into this s**t for the remainder of the season.
Yeah, last week must have not been Ross Lyon football eh, only thing is it looked like he coached last week or did the players just ignore him for the whole game and do their own thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back