Remove this Banner Ad

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Today the curse will be broken.

- We haven't beaten Hawthorn for like 6 or 7 years.
- Hawks have never lost a game at Optus.
- We can't play in the rain.
- Stingbitten never posted a winning Game Day thread.

By just after 9pm tonight all the above will be changed to:

- We just beat Hawthorn.
- They lost at Optus.
- We played our first decent game in the wet.
- Stingbitten can post more Game Day threads from now on.

Fremantle by 13pts.

I have decided not to bag any of our own players today. (Hawks players definitely)
I was just thinking back on my own career & I was s**t & realised I have no right too!
Freo by 3 goals.

Edit; as long as they have a crack.

win or lose i furkin love this club and i havent been this excited about our future since Fyfe and Mora's debut season!

Im so pumped to see Longmuirs dockers live, Ive overcome my PTSD from taking my Nan to watch Brisbane pump us by 55 points in back in 2018 and will watch this one from the bleachers.

Carn u beautiful purple bastards!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are zero signs it is going rain like the Geelong game - crosses fingers.

Excited to see how we handle Hawks. Bring the pressure we brought last game and hopefully we break the curse.

Also excited knowing that we should have some exciting players in the team next round (in our forward line).

Considering the small probability of only a drizzle at best, which team stacks up as best suited to the weather conditions body-wise? Will we see a high scoring match here? My thoughts are that we will.

Also, I don't see Hawthorn as the favourites for this at all. They are however 1.72 to 2.10

If the weather gods are kind and we can execute the game plan we have seen at times this year we can definately win this.

Not sure about Watson and Hogan out but seems to be structural , need pace and pressure in the wet conditions.

Lets finally smash these hawks.

I am sick to death of them flogging us year in year out. Its like whenever we play hawthron we crap ourselves it must be there jersey.

We haven't won the first quarter since 2010 final against them. 14 games ago. So start is crucial as we are always behind the 8ball against them.

And 6 out of last 15 games against them we have been goalless in first term for christ sake.

So history is against us.

But new coach and new hope

as I have been all year, don’t mind the result, just wanna see a competitive effort & the kids play well.
That said, have a good feeling. Freo by a goal.

Didn’t realize valente was emergency. Good sign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back