Game Day Fremantle vs Hawthorn 6.40pm AWST

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Yeh I hate winning games, especially against a team we haven’t beat in ages!
That doesn't work against good sides though does it? You really think that we would have beaten a top 8 side with that performance/game plan?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Slightly disappointing last qtr, but that's only because I let my Hawthorn hate whip me into a bloodlust that I wanted to flog them. And I was only in that mindset because of how completely dominant we were for the majority of the match.

I was on the fence about the JLo appointment but he's looking like a fantastic coach, he really is. Hawthorn might not be the Hawthorn of old, but they haven't been that for a few years now and we still looked completely hapless against them until tonight.

But tonight we absolutely dominated them and looked nothing like the team with those longstanding mental scars. And that's all with a ridiculous injury list and a bunch of kids playing. I'm really excited about our club for the first time in many years.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Slightly disappointing last qtr, but that's only because I let my Hawthorn hate whip me into a bloodlust that I wanted to flog them. And I was only in that mindset because of how completely dominant we were for the majority of the match.

I was on the fence about the JLo appointment but he's looking like a fantastic coach, he really is. Hawthorn might not be the Hawthorn of old, but they haven't been that for a few years now and we still looked completely hapless against them.

But tonight we absolutely dominated them and looked nothing like the team with those longstanding mental scars. And that's all with a ridiculous injury list and a bunch of kids playing. I'm really excited about our club for the first time in many years.
I hate them so much. I really wish we were able to kick another 4 or 5 goals.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Interesting game.

Think the mechanics of it were great.
We belted them midfield, controlled their ball movement, slowed them right down.

they had no fluidity to their ball-movement.

we on the other hand controlled the ball and varied the speed as needed .The second quarter could’ve been a blood bath of wetaken our opportunities.

the pleasing thing is we got the ball in dangerous places.

Henry in next week would be perfect 👌

DataScientist

Draftee
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aish is our new Langdon. Finds a lot of ball but couldn't hit a target if he tried,
Aish nearly always beats his man, and he takes big scalps too! Just this year kept Bulter to 2 or 3 possessions after he moved to him at 1/4 time and had 19 himself at 90%. Usually always in the right spot defensively. He does revert to the long kick from time to time, but getting better. His biggest asset is his clean hands, rarely fumbles below his knees. I'm a big fan so take this as you like. But watch his defensive running. Smashed Rory Sloane as well against Adelaide.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Today the curse will be broken.

- We haven't beaten Hawthorn for like 6 or 7 years.
- Hawks have never lost a game at Optus.
- We can't play in the rain.
- Stingbitten never posted a winning Game Day thread.

By just after 9pm tonight all the above will be changed to:

- We just beat Hawthorn.
- They lost at Optus.
- We played our first decent game in the wet.
- Stingbitten can post more Game Day threads from now on.

Fremantle by 13pts.

Hey guys.

I'm allowed to post game day threads again.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting game.

Think the mechanics of it were great.
We belted them midfield, controlled their ball movement, slowed them right down.

they had no fluidity to their ball-movement.

we on the other hand controlled the ball and varied the speed as needed .The second quarter could’ve been a blood bath of wetaken our opportunities.

the pleasing thing is we got the ball in dangerous places.

Henry in next week would be perfect 👌

Walters and Henry in for Colyer and Freddie?

Back