Game Day Fremantle vs Hawthorn 6.40pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
That doesn't work against good sides though does it? You really think that we would have beaten a top 8 side with that performance/game plan?
Yes. Geez. We just has a game where our young guns looked like stars. Darcy, Cox, Cerra, Brayshaw, Serong were fantastic. A bit more polish closer to goal and its an outstanding effort. When you smash teams in both contested and uncontested possession you'll win way more than you loose so your 100% wrong there too. Game plan is working a treat for such a young team and is an improvement on last year. Cerra to a wing has been an inspired move by JLo. Walters back next week. Henry a chance to debut. Bring on Carlton.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
If that's coaching I'll submit my dog next week to coach, will get the same result.

I've never put anyone on ignore before, let alone a Freo supporter, but you're making it hard.

Any chance you can act like a normal person instead of a tryhard contrarian for once?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Hawthorn might not be the Hawthorn of old, but they haven't been that for a few years now and we still looked completely hapless against them until tonight.

But tonight we absolutely dominated them and looked nothing like the team with those longstanding mental scars. And that's all with a ridiculous injury list and a bunch of kids playing. I'm really excited about our club for the first time in many years.

Totally agree with this. But, one of the signs of a good team is that they beat the teams they should. How many times have Freo laid an egg against a team they should have beat? We were in control the entire time against a team dropping off and looking old.

I really enjoyed watching this game from a footy standpoint. Just fun to watch. Our game plan looks solid and you can see the players are making better decisions as they become more comfortable with the structure. I think Dermotttt Bererererererrreton said at one point, "Freo are playing the game style of the Hawks about 6 years ago." Hell of a compliment coming from a former Hawk player. :)

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I've never put anyone on ignore before, let alone a Freo supporter, but you're making it hard.

Any chance you can act like a normal person instead of a tryhard contrarian for once?
I have been. I'm not the one hurling out abuse for having critical opinions on the game. Yeah we won, woohoo. It's good to have a win. But like Longmuir would be saying the focus turns to next week and he knows that the performance would not beat a good side and we will have to improve against Carlton who have been better than the Hawks.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
He’s been serviceable. Watch him in terms of structure. He’s important. None of the older types have the killer instinct. Wish they’d back themselves
Isaac Smith can destroy teams. Bewley played an important role negating him until Smith was injured. Bewley did a similarly underrated job negating Phillips last week who has destroyed as in the past. It might not be the most glamorous of positions the defensive wingman but he's doing pretty well at it.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK

what’re the odds
Been around these here parts for a loooong, time. Longer I can even ‘member. Firs’ time I ever hit that there ignore button. Yes sirree, I done did it.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hate them so much I felt like we'd lost the game when they kicked that last goal to avoid their lowest ever score under Clarkson.
The eagles of the east..
when I heard the commentators mention that stat that's all I was hoping for in the end...would of been some sort of poetic redemption for us ...of course bruest would then go onto slot one right on the bounndry.
Anyhow look forward to dishing out some consistent floggings to them in the coming years, hopefully culminating in Kennett giving Clarko the boot

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have been. I'm not the one hurling out abuse for having critical opinions on the game. Yeah we won, woohoo. It's good to have a win. But like Longmuir would be saying the focus turns to next week and he knows that the performance would not beat a good side and we will have to improve against Carlton who have been better than the Hawks.
You don't football if you think that when you absolutely smash a team in both contested and uncontested possession you'll win way more than you loose. Play like that against Carlton and dominate possession we win easily.

Ghost Pig

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
i lost my voice and it felt bloody good doin it. such a balanced performance, had the hawks frazzled with percieved pressure all over the ground our tackling seemed ferocious, so proud to see the boys finally following Lukey Ryans lead.

Yea we were a bit indecisive when we had a bit too much time going inside fifty and the goal kicking from the pockets was abhorrent but * me dead if that wasnt a sweet scalp to bag for symbolisms sake.

ive said it once in this thread, i'll say it again...

...CARN U BEAUTIFUL PURPLE BASTARDS!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back