Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Somewhat inspired by a rather spirited post made by Janus on the Port board and the fact I feel this matchup necessitates an outlet for those fans who feel strongly about this week's opponent and wish to convey those feelings through a series of shitty puns, tired stereotypes, childish squabbling and epic run-on sentences; this thread has come about.

FWIW if any of our mob feel like doing a preview with some semblance of critical analysis and witty repartee I'll gladly edit it into the OP.

Not a thread for the thin-skinned but also not a thread for mindless trolling floggery either, Freo and Port fans alike are welcome to have at it here.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the origin of "Pear" in reference to Port Adelaide?

I see Fyfe and Walters as the keys to Freo in this game. If they combine for 5+ goals I think Freo win.

No Crowley should give Boak a massive lift.

Both teams will go in with a few underdone players, but Port seems more vulnerable in this respect.

If Pear can out-grunt Freo in the middle, and Ryder can show form by jumping over Sandi (something Lobbe cannot do), it will go a long way to Port winning.

Sadly I see Freo winning by about 2 goals. Beating Freo in Perth has proven near impossible in recent seasons and doing it twice in a row would be an amazing achievement.

Rd. 1 is always a bit of an unknown in my eyes. Every team is reporting "the best preseason yet", and players "training the house down", and it can take some players longer than others to regain the urgency of AFL footy after a long summer break.

If Fremantle have any consolation in this respect, it's Ross's unbeaten Rd. 1 record. He gets the boys ready, mentally and physically for the first hitout of the season.

Rd. 1 last year saw a level of play from Freo that was unfortunately only replicated on a few other occasions throughout the rest of the season.

We're flying under the radar here, many "experts" have freo falling from the top four, some even from the top 8. It would be great to come out rd. 1 and dominate Port to tell the footy world (mainly the vics) that we aint done with yet. Not by a long shot.
_______

As far as Port are concerned, if Freo can't do it, you're the ones who can, and I hope you do!

I wonder if Ryder will try and knock out McPharlin again like he did at Essendon. You can take the Dog out of Essendon but can Port take the Essendon out of the dog?

How many weeks did Ryder get for that?

This game will be so easy it's hardly worthwhile having a banter thread, but if any significant Poort posters are ballsy enough to risk it, I'll bet my account on the result.

Ralph-Wiggum.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many weeks did Ryder get for that?

He got none from memory.

The tribunal was satisfied that bumping was in fact was illegal.
The tribunal was also satisfied that a bump had taken place.
But they weren't comfortably satisfied that they could be bothered charging a Victorian for an incident over some guy in purple of all colours.

He got none from memory.

But they weren't comfortably satisfied that they could be bothered charging a Victorian for an incident over some guy in purple of all colours.
He got 2 or 3 weeks.

He got none from memory.

Your memory is faulty. He got 3 weeks for being a scumbag.

That was essentially his job application for Poort.

I wonder if Ryder will try and knock out McPharlin again like he did at Essendon. You can take the Dog out of Essendon but can Port take the Essendon out of the dog?

I'm sure Hinkley will be telling him he's big enough not to do that and he'll be listening quick smart, over there it was probably more like "go use that big frame we need SOMETHING". But yeah, banter. Screw the Dockers and their giant inflatable anchors!!!!

At 1.14 I'm not too sure of Leighs pronunciation:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back