Review Fremantle vs Sydney QF

Remove this Banner Ad

You expect to get screwed by the umps when you play away yet it happens to us at home all too frequently.
The number of times they were tackled and dropped the ball - play on,
Ballantyne and Mayne ridden into the ground in the forward 50
The clear mark to Sandi - how was that missed?..well it wasn't it was ignored
The stats don't lie

A win is a win and a week is a very long time in footy. We're in the prelim and we're at home.

We were well held with a few players displaying no football brains at all. Poor handballing in traffic and some players who were to scared to take a shot.

Is there another gear we can go to?? I hope so cause if we dish up that crap again we will be bundled out of finals.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Ballantyne was huge, fantastic to see him stand up.

Sheridan was tough and backed in his agility to sidestep opponents.

Walters plays like that so often we will feel like it's a down week if he only kicks the one. Superstar.

We got pounded in the free kicks 14:21 but still got over the line. Lots of silly head high free kicks.

Dawson and Johnson got shuffled over too easy in the contested marks.

Sydney probably would've won if they had their best 22. Moot point, but we were terrible for parts of the game.

IMO, we've somehow been left with more questions than answers after a qualifying final.

Awful game. Cannot possibly win a GF if they play like that.
Dawson in for PearceA? WTF Ross?
Zac Clarke firming up for a trade.
Force the players to wear the right boots, I don't give a s**t what their preference is if they can't stay upright.

You expect to get screwed by the umps when you play away yet it happens to us at home all too frequently.
The number of times they were tackled and dropped the ball - play on,
Ballantyne and Mayne ridden into the ground in the forward 50
The clear mark to Sandi - how was that missed?..well it wasn't it was ignored
The stats don't lie

Umpires had nothing to do with the low standard that we played at today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't win a premiership with the corrupt umpiring we face. The last quarter was terrible. No mark for Sandi. Shaw not called for the highest free of the day on the Roberts Rd wing. Soft free for Tippett to get them back in.

Why is it like this? Takes all enjoyment from following our side. Just feeling numb.

I would play Crowley. If it doesn't pay off, would still deliver more than Suban and Mz today.

Boys need to free there minds a bit - RTB has them so wound up. FFS take them somewhere this week where they can have a laugh and enjoy each others company. When they open their minds a bit - they wont look so predicable and make stoopid mistakes

stoked we won, but s**t, we need to take another step or two in 2 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner Taberner

Force the players to wear the right boots, I don't give a s**t what their preference is if they can't stay upright.

You raise a good point with the boots. I remember Ross talking about the players slipping a few weeks ago, and how incensed he was about them for not wearing the screw ins..... Well Ballantyne, Mundy, Fyfe, Walters and Pavlich all slipped at critical times... Was it all because of moulded soles? Probably not, but I'd bet half of them could have been.... And should not have happened. They don't seem to be learning the lesson though

Tippett would have destroyed Pearce. He was really good

positives
- Fyfe & Ballaz awesome returns
- Walters awesome
- home prelim
-
Negatives
- umpiring.. Geez.
- Johnson & defense below par
- hill not taking shots at goal.
- Suban & gu awful

We can't win a premiership with the corrupt umpiring we face. The last quarter was terrible. No mark for Sandi. Shaw not called for the highest free of the day on the Roberts Rd wing. Soft free for Tippett to get them back in.

Why is it like this? Takes all enjoyment from following our side. Just feeling numb.

Umpires had nothing to do with deboer giving away multiple stupid head high free kicks, Dawson taking marks and stupidly hand balling to players under pressure. Sandi taking a solid mark and inextricably playing on into an opposition tackle, Sheridan missing what should have been a very basic kick for goal on the run from 40, mzungu regularly losing contested ball, Danyle Pearce regularly delivering the ball on top of pav's head when all he needed was the ball to be in front......

Don't get me wrong, the umpiring was not good, and the game was not all negative, but jeez we needed to play better than that, and umpiring had nothing to do with it.

Fair to say we all are stoked on the inside because of the win, but scratching our heads wondering when it will all end playing that way? The positive is the players will know that it was a collective shite effort, and there will be no complacency

Extremely unconvincing. You've given every hawk fan a reason to feel very optimistic.

Genuine question though - did the week of help? - sydney looked a lot sharper with 4 of their best 5 players out. The resting of players seems suspect. Richmond v North will be interesting

Tippett would have destroyed Pearce. He was really good

positives
- Fyfe & Ballaz awesome returns
- Walters awesome
- home prelim
-
Negatives
- umpiring.. Geez.
- Johnson & defense below par
- hill not taking shots at goal.
- Suban & gu awful
In case you didn't notice, Dawson was destroyed. I would much rather we played somebody with a brain.

Disagree on Mzungu as well. He definitely wasn't one of the worst.

Extremely unconvincing. You've given every hawk fan a reason to feel very optimistic.

Genuine question though - did the week of help? - sydney looked a lot sharper with 4 of their best 5 players out. The resting of players seems suspect. Richmond v North will be interesting

I definitely think the week rest helped... I'm more concerned about the decision making and scratchy skills that have been a problem for 4 months now

In case you didn't notice, Dawson was destroyed. I would much rather we played somebody with a brain.

Disagree on Mzungu as well. He definitely wasn't one of the worst.

Say wha?????

Other than Suban, mzungu was clearly the most ineffectual and indecisive scrubber we had out there. He should be cooked for the year on that effort

Did my eyes deceive me or did I actually see Dawson take a free kick and the Clarke actually marked it. Was late in the third quarter I think.

Also Dawson marked a few that I thought he was certain to punch away.

Small improvements perhaps.

Say wha?????

Other than Suban, mzungu was clearly the most ineffectual and indecisive scrubber we had out there. He should be cooked for the year on that effort

You should probably watch again with your eyes open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back