Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

VicBased

Club Legend
May 3, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I generally support WC when they are not playing Freo, just want to see WA football doing well, but with the posts in here god you make it hard.
Being a WC supporter in Vic i also support Freo when they play, except when playing us of course. And same reason applies, i want to see West Aussie footy doing well. Wish it did not have to be a S#*tfight all the time. I think though that they need a new coach and think Simmo would do wonders with them.

benji21

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2016
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Being a WC supporter in Vic i also support Freo when they play, except when playing us of course. And same reason applies, i want to see West Aussie footy doing well. Wish it did not have to be a S#*tfight all the time. I think though that they need a new coach and think Simmo would do wonders with them.

Yeah it is bit sad. I have no doubts a new coach might be a good thing, might also be a bad thing, you just never know. I think if we aren't looking good by mid next year then sack away but as we have seen in the last few years, things can change very quickly. We are in a good position to change our fortune in the next few years with or without him.

VicBased

Club Legend
May 3, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah it is bit sad. I have no doubts a new coach might be a good thing, might also be a bad thing, you just never know. I think if we aren't looking good by mid next year then sack away but as we have seen in the last few years, things can change very quickly. We are in a good position to change our fortune in the next few years with or without him.
With a lump in the throat i say...I hope you guys get a flag within the next few years.

Retzlaff

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
At quarter time in the Carlton game Freo were in 7th spot and 5 goals up against the team in 18th spot.

Since then they have scored 8 goals and conceded 42. Now in 13th and a decent shot to finish bottom 4

Did someone fart in that quarter time huddle or what?
Yeah but we've scored 31 behinds and only conceded 30

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
You don't need to check scores, you just check which thread gets bumped to see what happened...

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Dropped Bewley, Banfield, Logue and Crowden.
Play Colyer, an underdone Stephen Hill.
This rebuilding is garbage.
Cerra and Blakely- natural midfielders. Playing them half back and half forward. Seriously something wrong.
Played all the youth last year and haven’t debut one this year. There’s more experienced then inexperienced out there. Can’t use the rebuilding excuse anymore.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
16 players 23 and over today and an average age of almost 26 and 100 games, somebody help me understand this rebuilding excuse
LIke your team's rebuild is much better. 6 years of Richo and no finals. 6 wins and 5 wins were narrow.

Freo have recruited a lot of kids. 2016 got us Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan, nyhuis and Duman.

2017 got us cerra, crowded, Brayshaw, Banfield and Giro.

LIke your team's rebuild is much better. 6 years of Richo and no finals. 6 wins and 5 wins were narrow.

Freo have recruited a lot of kids. 2016 got us Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan, nyhuis and Duman.

This isn't the St Kilda thread.

Your lot dropped Logue and Crowden, and Cerra was played out of position.

At some point surely even you concede the head coach bears ultimate responsibility for selections and results.

Plugger_87

All Australian
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

We are talking Fremantle and Ross lyon don’t try and deflect

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
This isn't the St Kilda thread.

Your lot dropped Logue and Crowden, and Cerra was played out of position.

At some point surely even you concede the head coach bears ultimate responsibility for selections and results.
you can only blame the coach for so much. Stephen hill was under done. Logue out was a tad harsh but at least bring in Duman. You trade out one 190 cm defender for another young 190cm defender. Let me guess, you gonna blame Ross Lyon that Hogan and Cox are injured? F**K me what's next? You gonna blame Ross Lyon for bennells injuries?

you can only blame the coach for so much. Stephen hill was under done. Logue out was a tad harsh but at least bring in Duman. You trade out one 190 cm defender for another young 190cm defender. Let me guess, you gonna blame Ross Lyon that Hogan and Cox are injured? F**K me what's next? You gonna blame Ross Lyon for bennells injuries?

I specifically left out Hogan and Cox because they were injured and didn't even mention Bennell - or injuries, for that matter - so your rant is way off base.

If you want to vent in a safe space, go back to the Freo board or quote some more selective stats to excuse why Freo lost the last four games.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
We are talking Fremantle and Ross lyon don’t try and deflect
I am not deflecting. I know where Freo are at and not deluded where Freo are on the ladder. But to say Ross Lyon hasn't played youth this season reeks of ignorance. You only post here like most Saints fans unleashing your venomous post on this board because you hate Ross Lyon

Plugger_87

All Australian
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am not deflecting. I know where Freo are at and not deluded where Freo are on the ladder. But to say Ross Lyon hasn't played youth this season reeks of ignorance. You only post here like most Saints fans unleashing your venomous post on this board because you hate Ross Lyon

What’s venomous about stating a fact which was today’s side was an experienced team yet all I heard last week is we are rebuilding. You’ve lost the plot mate give it up

Back