Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Dockers AFLW recruit Ann McMahon recovering in hospital after being hit by alleged stolen car while working as police officer
Fremantle Dockers AFLW recruit Ann McMahon is recovering in hospital after suffering serious injuries when she was struck by an allegedly stolen car while working her day job as a police officer on Christmas Eve.
McMahon, 25, was deploying stingers on Tonkin Highway near Perth Airport in an attempt to stop the white Toyota Kluger when she was struck about 2.30pm and thrown to the side of the road.
Ann McMahon (left) with her wife Issy.
Ann McMahon (left) with her wife Issy.Credit: Instagram
Police allege the Kluger was stolen by a 21-year-old man during a burglary at a home in Belmont earlier that day.
It is understood the vehicle was spotted by police just after 2pm on Mitchell Freeway near Scarborough Beach Road where it allegedly failed to stop.
The car then continued through Como and several other suburbs before hitting McMahon while travelling south on Tonkin Highway.
She was taken by ambulance to Royal Perth Hospital with serious injuries but is today in a stable condition.
McMahon was working with two other officers who ran to her aid when she was hit.
“Other officers who were involved in the incident continued to follow the Kluger and continue with inquiries,” Superintendent Alyson Brett said.
The vehicle was found a short time later bogged and abandoned near Hale Road.
The incident happened while McMahon was deploying stingers on Tonkin Highway
The incident happened while McMahon was deploying stingers on Tonkin Highway Credit: Ross Swanborough
“The helicopter was monitoring the vehicle and coordinating it at the time of the incident,” Supt Brett said.
“We have procedures in relation to this. Directions are provided by an inspector at our police operations centre.”
Ms McMahon was working as an acting sergeant at the time of the incident.
McMahon was pick 35 for Fremantle at this year’s draft.
It is unclear whether her injuries, a laceration on her forehead as well as two broken ribs and injuries to her hand and wrist. will affect her for the upcoming AFLW season which starts in early February.
The Dockers confirmed the player was involved in the incident and said she would have the full support of the club as she recovers in hospital.
Police at the scene of the incident yesterday afternoon.

We have been in constant contact with Ann and her family and the club will offer all the support we can to help in her recovery,” Fremantle Dockers senior manager of football Joe Brierty said in statement.
“Our thoughts are with Ann, her wife Issy and her extended family at this time.
“Given the matter is now before the courts the club is not in a position to comment further.”
Just hours earlier she had posted on her Instagram story from what appeared to be the back seat of a police car — thanking a Perth coffee shop Rustic Gourmet “for fuelling me this Xmas”.
Perth man Dave Farquharson was driving north along Mitchell Freeway and said he believed the Kluger passed him and stopped under a bridge to hide from the helicopter was pursuing him.
“It was like something that would happen in a movie. After overtaking me at speed using the left hand emergency lane, he stopped and climbed out of the car... under the bridge just before the Joondalup off-ramp,” he said.
Police say the 21-year-old driver has been charged with an act causing bodily harm, failing to stop, stealing a motor vehicle and driving recklessly, reckless driving to escape police and failing to provide assistance after an incident occasioning bodily harm.
He is due to face Perth Magistrate’s Court tomorrow.
Dear me

Hey Dockers AFLW fans

Too Serious will be holding our 2nd season of AFLW based competition in 2020 during the 2020 AFLW home and away season, building on the success of our 8 team, 7 week competition in 2019.

As AFLW Draftstars is only a weekly comp we are one of the few full season fantasy comps on offer for AFLW next season – the other I know about is at SuperCoach Talk see https://supercoachtalk.com/aflw-fantasy-final-results/ for details of their 2019 competition. Hopefully success of our comp and others elsewhere will lead to SuperCoach and RealDream team comps further down the track.

We are looking to grow numbers substantially so whether you are an AFLW fanatic, general fantasy football or fantasy sports fan or both please consider having a crack at either a keeper league or draft format competition (or both). Also pass on the word to your family, mates and fantasy league buddies if you think they would be keen. Multiple leagues can be formed depending on how many entries we receive.

If your fantasy football site of choice for AFL mens comps is elsewhere that is no issue and this comp will slot in nicely with those who compete in BBL supercoach and AFL Supercoach and AFL Fantasy comps.

Imagine your excitement as you draft the likes of Bowers, both Antonios and a stack of emerging Dockers AFLW Superstars and the crème de la crème of the 13 other AFLW sides and battle it out against your fellow league coaches each week.

As the AFLW season commences on Friday 7th February, 2020 pre-season drafts for AFLW comps will need to commence on or around Friday 24th January, depending on league size (ie 6 to 12 teams). AFLW player positions, league draft order, league draft starting time and other details for 2020 will therefore be finalized and listed by Thursday 16th January.

To join up for 2020 ORFFW comps either send me a Direct/Personal message here at Big Footy, click on the link below or send me a tweet or DM at MystixORFFW @MOrffw indicating whether your preference is for a keeper league, annual draft league, or you are willing to have sign up for one of each.

Cheers TTH

Last edited:

Not sure how reliable that is, given it says Maddy Collier left Freo to go to GWS, when I am pretty sure she left GWS, and went to the Eagles.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Not sure how reliable that is, given it says Maddy Collier left Freo to go to GWS, when I am pretty sure she left GWS, and went to the Eagles.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I was wondering who the heck they were talking about. Long way to go before the media shows much interest/accuracy in the womens league.

Yeah don't pile on guys. They were just legitimate mistakes from one of our own on here. Peter Williams is a prominent BF poster in the D&T thread - not too hard to work out who it is ;)

It's still a far better effort than what we got from AFL.com.au. And unlike PW, that bunch are paid a decent salary to do the proper research.

I still intend on doing a preview from a Freo supporters perspective when I find some time. I probably shouldn't have engaged in the politics thread :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok here it is peeps... hopefully I've met your expectations?

Fremantle AFLW 2020 Preview

It's now less than a month until Rd 1 and Fremantle, entering its fourth year in the competition, begin their campaign for another step forward in 2020 to reach the Grand Final and get a shot at a maiden premiership.

With West Coast entering the competition and given considerable concessions to poach 9 players from Fremantle plus attracting other WA talent home from other AFLW clubs many think Fremantle might struggle to repeat their winning ways from last year, let alone take another step. But looking from a list perspective (without the full knowledge of other clubs) the signs seem relatively optimistic for a really good season for Freo.

As always there are lots of question marks (potential) and uncontrollables (injuries) that can quickly derail any campaign but Freo fans should have high expectations for what the team can achieve this year.

Coaches

Trent Cooper - Head Coach
Craig Thomas - Senior Assistant and Midfield Coach
Amy Lavell - Forwards Coach
Garrick Ibbotson (new) - Backline Coach
Lisa Webb - Opposition and Strategy Coach
Aaron Sandilands (new) - Ruck Coach

Leadership Group

Kara Antonio (Captain), Kiara Bowers, Ebony Antonio, Gabby O'Sullivan, Hayley Miller (new)

2019 Review

Won 6 of 7 games in the regular season, losing only to eventual premiers Adelaide.

Key injuries to 4 of Freo's best 5 players including Kara Antonio (knee), Dana Hooker (thigh), Kiara Bowers (hip) and Hayley Miller (hamstring) prior to and during the prelim against Carlton meant they understandably weren't able to secure a maiden Grand Final berth.

Adelaide were a fair way in front but Fremantle were the second best team in the AFLW last season.

Departing Players

Dana Hooker (WC), Kellie Gibson (WC), Ashlee Atkins (WC), Melissa Caulfield (WC), Alicia Janz (WC), Parris Laurie (WC), Brianna Green (WC), Cassie Davidson (WC), Courtney Guard (WC).

New Players

Mia-Rae Clifford (Geelong), Aine Tighe (Leitrim), Kate Flood (Louth), Lindal Rohde (Subiaco), Roxanne Roux (East Freo), Mim Strom (Swan Districts), Ann McMahon (East Fremantle), Emma O'Driscoll (Swan Districts), Sarah Garstone (Claremont), Janelle Cuthbertson (Perth), Bianca Webb (Swan Districts)

Player Movement Analysis

It was inevitable Fremantle would lose some good players when West Coast entered the competition. It may come back to haunt me but in my opinion Hooker, Gibson and Atkins are the only players lost that would make Freo's best 22 this year. Janz and Laurie are both reasonable players but having undersized rucks in AFLW has been such a disadvantage for Freo in past seasons.

2020 Fixture

Geelong (home), West Coast (away), Collingwood (home), St Kilda (away), Brisbane (home), Western Bulldogs (away), Melbourne (home), Carlton (away)

Fixture Highlight

There is no question the inaugural Rd 2 AFLW Western Derby @ Optus Stadium will be Freo's biggest game of the regular season. It will likely break the record for the largest ever crowd at a women's sporting event in Australia (and the AFLW record as well). This is a must win game for Fremantle. Although a loss that early in the season can be recovered from, the fans and players would understandably be deflated.

Fixture Analysis

Unless West Coast or St Kilda come in with a bang, or Collingwood improves dramatically from last year, Freo should start as clear favourite in at least its first 6 rounds. Having the first 3 games in Perth helps as well. I predict Freo's final two games against Melbourne and Carlton will be the two hardest. Although that may change as Carlton lost their captain and best player in Brianna Davey and Melbourne get the hype every year but never seem to deliver against it.

Not having to play Adelaide (who are the favourites again this year) and North Melbourne (who should be in the mix at the top again as well) should make Fremantle's journey to make finals far easier.

IMO it's potentially a great fixture. If Freo can start with some wins in WA and build through the season with tougher opposition toward the end, that could have them primed for the finals.

Most Valuable Player(s)

Kiara Bowers
showed the difference she can make to the team last year but she'll enter this season having completed her first ever pre-season. She'll deflect the hype but she is primed for an even bigger season this year. People already know how ferocious she is with her defensive work around the ball, racking up tackle counts faster than anyone else but her offensive game has been very underrated. With ball in hand she can turn a game, and she did a number of times last season. Predicting she'll have an even greater impact in 2020.

Kara Antonio had a pretty ordinary 2019 by her standards. Carrying injuries and niggles she managed to get out on the park for most games but her body wasn't up to delivering what we'd normally expect from her - eventually forcing her to be a late out of the prelim. Focusing on coaching rather than playing WAFLW should hopefully have us seeing her getting back to her dominant best playing on the ball. She'll be a big reason why the loss of Hooker won't be felt as hard as it might have been otherwise.

Hayley Miller similarly struggled with injuries last year but fast forward to now and she is flying this pre-season. Do not be shocked to see Miller absolutely tear the competition apart this year. I suspect we'll see her play inside a lot, providing that burst speed to clear stoppages and then deliver inside 50 to our forwards. Our forwards should be licking their lips at the prospect of a fit Hayley Miller exploding towards them with ball in hand.

Ebony Antonio is rated by many as Fremantle's best player and it is hard to argue with that. She is arguably the best utility in the AFLW having made the AA team both as a defender and as a forward. Having brought in a number of other tallish forward options I think we might see Ebony line up back at CHB (where I think she excels) but if the team needs a spark forward of centre she'll be the player we immediately turn to.

I love everything about Gemma Houghton. Her improvement in 2019 was one of the big reasons Fremantle became the second best attacking side. She is the anchor to build a forward line around. Her agility and speed for someone so tall makes everyone around her even more dangerous. If she is fired up and confident, good luck to the defenders tasked with stopping her.

Brimming to Break Out

Matilda Sargeant
played a great last few games in 2019. Lining up as a midfielder she did not look out of place at all. She was extremely accountable and very clean with ball in hand. If she can build on that confidence she'll start to impact games more and more in 2020 and be a great young player to rotate through the middle.

Earlier in the pre-season Jasmin Stewart admitted she was a little lost about what being an AFLW player meant and what she needed to prioritise. Having watched some of her work at WAFLW her long penetrating kick could be quite the weapon for the forward line we are likely to be fielding.

Best Rising Star Chance

It'd be surprising if Roxanne Roux didn't play every game this season and have a noticeable impact from round 1. Watching her in u18s and then again in WAFLW it really feels like she's one of those players who gets better as the competition gets better. Amazing athletic profile, hits harder than any other female footballer I've watched before, has a great footy IQ, and an outstanding work ethic and attitude. I really hope she smashes it from the start but if she doesn't Roxy will develop into a superstar in the coming seasons.

New Players Making an Impact

I actually think there are two (or 3 if you include Roux) and both are completely speculative as they are both Irish recruits with little experience with the oval ball. But apart from that, they have all the attributes and tools to fill two incredibly important roles for the Fremantle AFLW spine this year.

Kate Flood isn't huge but she's pretty tall. She's fast on the lead. She's agile. But most of all, she's a fierce competitor. You watch her play Gaelic or in the AFL Europe championships and when the ball comes anywhere near her she's the one you are looking at, expecting her to win the ball and score, every single time. Having her playing at full forward with Houghton/EAntonio at CHF and Roux patrolling as well gives Freo some incredible impact players as targets in its forward line. Her lack of knowledge of the game is the only thing I can foresee being a barrier to her success as an AFLW player.

If you do a review of the most important things Fremantle could do to improve the team heading into 2020 you'd pretty much have started with a description of Aine Tighe. She's a tall ruck that jumps high, taps the ball to advantage, is still incredibly mobile around the ground, presents as a good marking target, is a great kick of the footy and knows how to hit the scoreboard. Again it is speculative having not played a game of AFLW yet but her tap work looks better than anything I've seen at AFLW level before. Bowers, Antonio, Miller have done a pretty good job when we've expected to lose the tap every time. I'm really looking forward to what they might be able to do when the ball gets tapped down Freo's way a fair bit more often in 2020. Having another tall ruck in Mim Strom

I'm also expecting Mia-Rae Clifford will line up round 1. She was Geelong's highest goal scorer last year. Although I could see us getting even more advantage using her in defence. Ann McMahon would have been another (playing at half forward) but suspect her recovery means a delayed start for her. It could open the door for someone like Bianca Webb, who was our last player drafted, and plays a similar role to McMahon. Lindal Rohde (wing) and Janelle Cuthbertson (defender) would also be in the mix for selection for round 1 (I still no very little about Janelle). The other new faces (Mim Strom, Emma O'Driscoll, Sarah Garstone) I think we'll see in the team if there are form or injury issues.

Possible Best 21

B Alex Williams ~ Tayla Bresland

HB Philipa Seth ~ Ebony Antonio ~ Evangeline Gooch

C Ashley Sharp ~ Kara Antonio ~ Stephanie Cain

R Aine Tighe ~ Hayley Miller ~ Kiara Bowers

HF Gabby O'Sullivan ~ Gemma Houghton ~ Sabreena Duffy

F Roxanne Roux ~ Kate Flood

I/C Matilda Sargeant ~ Mia-Rae Clifford ~ Angelique Stannett ~ Lindal Rohde ~ Jasmin Stewart

2020 Prediction

Despite losing a bunch of players to WC I'm bullish about our chances this year (I was last year as well) and think we'll win 6 or 7 games out of 8 and finish top of our division (2nd at worst). I also think we are a good chance to make our first Grand Final and if we do, I hope we give Adelaide a run for its money. Come finals if Roux and the Irish girls have blown the roof off expectations and we've managed to keep our best players out on the park I think we could almost overtake Adelaide as favourites for the premiership.

Last edited:
Some bad news: Ann McMahon will be out for the season.

But in better news:

Ok here it is peeps... hopefully I've met your expectations?

Fremantle AFLW 2020 Preview

It's now less than a month until Rd 1 and Fremantle, entering its fourth year in the competition, begin their campaign for another step forward in 2020 to reach the Grand Final and get a shot at a maiden premiership.

With West Coast entering the competition and given considerable concessions to poach 9 players from Fremantle plus attracting other WA talent home from other AFLW clubs many think Fremantle might struggle to repeat their winning ways from last year, let alone take another step. But looking from a list perspective (without the full knowledge of other clubs) the signs seem relatively optimistic for a really good season for Freo.

As always there are lots of question marks (potential) and uncontrollables (injuries) that can quickly derail any campaign but Freo fans should have high expectations for what the team can achieve this year.

Coaches

Trent Cooper - Head Coach
Craig Thomas - Senior Assistant and Midfield Coach
Amy Lavell - Forwards Coach
Garrick Ibbotson (new) - Backline Coach
Lisa Webb - Opposition and Strategy Coach
Aaron Sandilands (new) - Ruck Coach

Leadership Group

Kara Antonio (Captain), Kiara Bowers, Ebony Antonio, Gabby O'Sullivan, Hayley Miller (new)

2019 Review

Won 6 of 7 games in the regular season, losing only to eventual premiers Adelaide.

Key injuries to 4 of Freo's best 5 players including Kara Antonio (knee), Dana Hooker (thigh), Kiara Bowers (hip) and Hayley Miller (hamstring) prior to and during the prelim against Carlton meant they understandably weren't able to secure a maiden Grand Final berth.

Adelaide were a fair way in front but Fremantle were the second best team in the AFLW last season.

Departing Players

Dana Hooker (WC), Kellie Gibson (WC), Ashlee Atkins (WC), Melissa Caulfield (WC), Alicia Janz (WC), Parris Laurie (WC), Brianna Green (WC), Cassie Davidson (WC), Courtney Guard (WC).

New Players

Mia-Rae Clifford (Geelong), Aine Tighe (Leitrim), Kate Flood (Louth), Lindal Rohde (Subiaco), Roxanne Roux (East Freo), Mim Strom (Swan Districts), Ann McMahon (East Fremantle), Emma O'Driscoll (Swan Districts), Sarah Garstone (Claremont), Janelle Cuthbertson (Perth), Bianca Webb (Swan Districts)

Player Movement Analysis

It was inevitable Fremantle would lose some good players when West Coast entered the competition. It may come back to haunt me but in my opinion Hooker, Gibson and Atkins are the only players lost that would make Freo's best 22 this year. Janz and Laurie are both reasonable players but having undersized rucks in AFLW has been such a disadvantage for Freo in past seasons.

2020 Fixture

Geelong (home), West Coast (away), Collingwood (home), St Kilda (away), Brisbane (home), Western Bulldogs (away), Melbourne (home), Carlton (away)

Fixture Highlight

There is no question the inaugural Rd 2 AFLW Western Derby @ Optus Stadium will be Freo's biggest game of the regular season. It will likely break the record for the largest ever crowd at a women's sporting event in Australia (and the AFLW record as well). This is a must win game for Fremantle. Although a loss that early in the season can be recovered from, the fans and players would understandably be deflated.

Fixture Analysis

Unless West Coast or St Kilda come in with a bang, or Collingwood improves dramatically from last year, Freo should start as clear favourite in at least its first 6 rounds. Having the first 3 games in Perth helps as well. I predict Freo's final two games against Melbourne and Carlton will be the two hardest. Although that may change as Carlton lost their captain and best player in Brianna Davey and Melbourne get the hype every year but never seem to deliver against it.

Not having to play Adelaide (who are the favourites again this year) and North Melbourne (who should be in the mix at the top again as well) should make Fremantle's journey to make finals far easier.

IMO it's potentially a great fixture. If Freo can start with some wins in WA and build through the season with tougher opposition toward the end, that could have them primed for the finals.

Most Valuable Player(s)

Kiara Bowers
showed the difference she can make to the team last year but she'll enter this season having completed her first ever pre-season. She'll deflect the hype but she is primed for an even bigger season this year. People already know how ferocious she is with her defensive work around the ball, racking up tackle counts faster than anyone else but her offensive game has been very underrated. With ball in hand she can turn a game, and she did a number of times last season. Predicting she'll have an even greater impact in 2020.

Kara Antonio had a pretty ordinary 2019 by her standards. Carrying injuries and niggles she managed to get out on the park for most games but her body wasn't up to delivering what we'd normally expect from her - eventually forcing her to be a late out of the prelim. Focusing on coaching rather than playing WAFLW should hopefully have us seeing her getting back to her dominant best playing on the ball. She'll be a big reason why the loss of Hooker won't be felt as hard as it might have been otherwise.

Hayley Miller similarly struggled with injuries last year but fast forward to now and she is flying this pre-season. Do not be shocked to see Miller absolutely tear the competition apart this year. I suspect we'll see her play inside a lot, providing that burst speed to clear stoppages and then deliver inside 50 to our forwards. Our forwards should be licking their lips at the prospect of a fit Hayley Miller exploding towards them with ball in hand.

Ebony Antonio is rated by many as Fremantle's best player and it is hard to argue with that. She is arguably the best utility in the AFLW having made the AA team both as a defender and as a forward. Having brought in a number of other tallish forward options I think we might see Ebony line up back at CHB (where I think she excels) but if the team needs a spark forward of centre she'll be the player we immediately turn to.

I love everything about Gemma Houghton. Her improvement in 2019 was one of the big reasons Fremantle became the second best attacking side. She is the anchor to build a forward line around. Her agility and speed for someone so tall makes everyone around her even more dangerous. If she is fired up and confident, good luck to the defenders tasked with stopping her.

Brimming to Break Out

Matilda Sargeant
played a great last few games in 2019. Lining up as a midfielder she did not look out of place at all. She was extremely accountable and very clean with ball in hand. If she can build on that confidence she'll start to impact games more and more in 2020 and be a great young player to rotate through the middle.

Earlier in the pre-season Jasmin Stewart admitted she was a little lost about what being an AFLW player meant and what she needed to prioritise. Having watched some of her work at WAFLW her long penetrating kick could be quite the weapon for the forward line we are likely to be fielding.

Best Rising Star Chance

It'd be surprising if Roxanne Roux didn't play every game this season and have a noticeable impact from round 1. Watching her in u18s and then again in WAFLW it really feels like she's one of those players who gets better as the competition gets better. Amazing athletic profile, hits harder than any other female footballer I've watched before, has a great footy IQ, and an outstanding work ethic and attitude. I really hope she smashes it from the start but if she doesn't Roxy will develop into a superstar in the coming seasons.

New Players Making an Impact

I actually think there are two (or 3 if you include Roux) and both are completely speculative as they are both Irish recruits with little experience with the oval ball. But apart from that, they have all the attributes and tools to fill two incredibly important roles for the Fremantle AFLW spine this year.

Kate Flood isn't huge but she's pretty tall. She's fast on the lead. She's agile. But most of all, she's a fierce competitor. You watch her play Gaelic or in the AFL Europe championships and when the ball comes anywhere near her she's the one you are looking at, expecting her to win the ball and score, every single time. Having her playing at full forward with Houghton/EAntonio at CHF and Roux patrolling as well gives Freo some incredible impact players as targets in its forward line. Her lack of knowledge of the game is the only thing I can foresee being a barrier to her success as an AFLW player.

If you do a review of the most important things Fremantle could do to improve the team heading into 2020 you'd pretty much have started with a description of Aine Tighe. She's a tall ruck that jumps high, taps the ball to advantage, is still incredibly mobile around the ground, presents as a good marking target, is a great kick of the footy and knows how to hit the scoreboard. Again it is speculative having not played a game of AFLW yet but her tap work looks better than anything I've seen at AFLW level before. Bowers, Antonio, Miller have done a pretty good job when we've expected to lose the tap every time. I'm really looking forward to what they might be able to do when the ball gets tapped down Freo's way a fair bit more often in 2020. Having another tall ruck in Mim Strom

I'm also expecting Mia-Rae Clifford will line up round 1. She was Geelong's highest goal scorer last year. Although I could see us getting even more advantage using her in defence. Ann McMahon would have been another (playing at half forward) but suspect her recovery means a delayed start for her. It could open the door for someone like Bianca Webb, who was our last player drafted, and plays a similar role to McMahon. Lindal Rohde (wing) and Janelle Cuthbertson (defender) would also be in the mix for selection for round 1 (I still no very little about Janelle). The other new faces (Mim Strom, Emma O'Driscoll, Sarah Garstone) I think we'll see in the team if there are form or injury issues.

Possible Best 21

B Alex Williams ~ Tayla Bresland

HB Philipa Seth ~ Ebony Antonio ~ Evangeline Gooch

C Ashley Sharp ~ Kara Antonio ~ Stephanie Cain

R Aine Tighe ~ Hayley Miller ~ Kiara Bowers

HF Gabby O'Sullivan ~ Gemma Houghton ~ Sabreena Duffy

F Roxanne Roux ~ Kate Flood

I/C Matilda Sargeant ~ Mia-Rae Clifford ~ Angelique Stannett ~ Lindal Rohde ~ Jasmin Stewart

2020 Prediction

Despite losing a bunch of players to WC I'm bullish about our chances this year (I was last year as well) and think we'll win 6 or 7 games out of 8 and finish top of our division (2nd at worst). I also think we are a good chance to make our first Grand Final and if we do, I hope we give Adelaide a run for its money. Come finals if Roux and the Irish girls have blown the roof off expectations and we've managed to keep our best players out on the park I think we could almost overtake Adelaide as favourites for the premiership.

Damn dude. You should sent that sh** to The West. Would be the most comprehensive article they’ve published all year. Wait, never mind, they never publish anything of that quality. Well done, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ebony Antonio is rated by many as Fremantle's best player and it is hard to argue with that. She is arguably the best utility in the AFLW having made the AA team both as a defender and as a forward.
Far too generous to the undeserving AA selectors, they snubbed her last year (for the second time). Thus Freo had two less players in the team than Adelaide (despite sharing a 6-1 H&A win-loss), one less than 5-2 North and the same amount as 4-3 Carlton.

Far too generous to the undeserving AA selectors, they snubbed her last year (for the second time). Thus Freo had two less players in the team than Adelaide (despite sharing a 6-1 H&A win-loss), one less than 5-2 North and the same amount as 4-3 Carlton.

A great call, which reflects your ability to see past your allegiances. E.A. was also coming off a knee injury from 2018, I would expect her to be strong chance for (deserved) A.A. honours again in 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back