Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

oh wow, the quality of some of those goals is exciting
Yeah a bit stiff on O'Sullivan not getting mentioned in the goal scorers in the media - looks like she kicked 2 from those highlights. Duffy is just a goal magnet. Sharp doesn't need much room to work her magic either.

I'm going to have to redo my B21 to fit Jayne-Grieve in whilst keeping Stewart in it. Trent saying they had both improved a lot looks pretty accurate from that footage.

Just a reminder that tickets to the first ever AFLW derby go on sale tomorrow at 9am for Freo AFLW members and 9:30am for everyone else. $3 per ticket (kids free but need ticket) and it includes free public transport. All proceeds to the bushfire relief and recovery. It's a WC home game but no reason we shouldn't have a massive Freo support group there watching!

Nice video of Hayley Miller on the website about why she stayed with Freo. Really hope she has a cracking season. She's looked like she is going to tear it apart this pre-season.

Freo media team - it's Miller, fix the title ;)

We talk a lot about the Antonios and the Turbos and we, I would hope, are getting excited by Tighe. Duffy and Roux are the next gen who grew up playing and have more “natural” skills and nouse than the first crop of imported athletes and good ordinaries.

But Hayley Miller is a ******* deadset top human and she can play.

I don’t have higher praise than that.

If you coach football (or have kids playing) watch this video... Love Kate Starre and her injury prevention techniques. Hopefully our blokes are learning from her as well. That small movement bit when someone is coming at you with the ball is sooo good. Fyfe giving kudos to pilates to getting his body back isn't a coincidence - we are going to see a heap more of this stuff for injury prevention imo. So get out your tennis ball on a string :)

Team has been named for this Saturday's scratch match v Adelaide.

FREMANTLE
1. A.Sharp, 2. K.Bowers, 3. E.O'Driscoll, 4. M.Clifford, 7. J.Stewart, 8. E.Gooch, 10. A.Tighe, 12. E.Antonio, 13. K.Grieve, 14. L.Mascall, 15. K.Antonio, 16. S.Garstone, 17. R.Roux, 18. P.Seth, 19. H.Miller, 20. S.Cain, 21. M.Strom, 22. G.O'Sullivan, 24. A.Stannett, 26. B.Webb, 27. G.Houghton, 29. J.Cuthbertson, 32. L.Pugh, 44. K.Flood

Some fairly big ins for Freo with Kiara Bowers, Ebony Antonio, Kara Antonio, Hayley Miller and Steph Cain joining the team. Crossing fingers an omitted Sabrina Duffy and Lindal Rohde is about load management and not injury.

Unfortunate that Alex Williams, Tayla Bresland and Matilda Sargeant don't appear match fit yet. I'm sure they'll all be there watching from the stands with Ann McMahon though.

I'm expecting a team looking something like:

B Cuthbertson ~ O'Driscoll
HB Seth ~ EAntonio ~ Gooch
C Cain ~ KAntonio ~ Stewart
R Tighe ~ Miller ~ Bowers
HF Sharp ~ Houghton ~ O'Sullivan
F Roux ~ Flood
I Grieve ~ Clifford ~ Stannett ~ Pugh ~ Webb ~ Strom ~Mascall ~ Garstone

Adelaide have added Marinoff, Forth, Foley and Rajcic to their team from last weekend. Should be a good hit out.

This game will also be live streamed on the Freo website (commencing at 3:50pm) :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two weeks to work on their kicking and setups around the stoppages. They are a good pressure team.

Yeah, the direct physical pressure was what impressed me the most. Skills were poor, but hopefully that's just a pre-season thing. Crows' skills were nothing to write home about either. Credit to them for hanging in there, I expected to get blitzed in the last quarter against the breeze after what happened in the 2nd quarter.

Has anyone heard how ticket sales are going for the first Women’s Derby? They were stating they were hoping to set a new AFLW record crowd, but with the lack of general discussion I hear about it, I don’t think ticket sales will be going that good.

That sucks, she was showing a lot of promise and just seemed to be enjoying learning a new game. I don't think its her first ACL either?

Nice to hear she's hoping to stay around, watch the season and support the team. I suppose all you can do is wish her a smooth recovery.

Dear AFL,

Is it possible to have someone other than Sarah Black providing content on the womens.afl website?

The injury happened during Fremantle's practice match loss to West Coast after she landed awkwardly while marking.

Um no, it didn't. It happened in the game against Adelaide. Good try - clearly you watched the practice game between the two highest finishing teams in the regular season last year? Nope, you were busy salivating over Richmond? Or the Demons? Or the Dogs? Or the Pies? Or the Blues?

I mean it's great that we once again have a Victorian having no clue what happens outside of Victoria but perhaps we could try something different with the AFLW?

Regards, wayToGo_

Dear AFL,

Is it possible to have someone other than Sarah Black providing content on the womens.afl website?

The injury happened during Fremantle's practice match loss to West Coast after she landed awkwardly while marking.

Um no, it didn't. It happened in the game against Adelaide. Good try - clearly you watched the practice game between the two highest finishing teams in the regular season last year? Nope, you were busy salivating over Richmond? Or the Demons? Or the Dogs? Or the Pies? Or the Blues?

I mean it's great that we once again have a Victorian having no clue what happens outside of Victoria but perhaps we could try something different with the AFLW?

Regards, wayToGo_

In fairness she was definitely watching.

I sent her a message on Twitter. Apparently just a mistake. It's been corrected.

With that said I definitely agree it would be great to have more then one journo based over east covering the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back