Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

On one hand West Coast being bad is kinda funny. On the other hand it's probably not great, given their fans are probably going to be giving up on AFLW.

Can't see any game on their fixture I'd them as favourites for.

On one hand West Coast being bad is kinda funny. On the other hand it's probably not great, given their fans are probably going to be giving up on AFLW.

Can't see any game on their fixture I'd them as favourites for.
It’s great for us.

Makes it difficult for the Eagles to poach any player of note from us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the players who defected, who would be in our best 21? My ‘guesses/opinions’ - injuries not withstanding...

Dana Hooker
Ashlee Atkins
Kellie Gibson
(maybe not - out of form)
Parris Laurie (?)
Courtney Guard (?)
Melissa Caulfield
Brianna Green
Alicia Janz
Cassie Davidson (trade)

Thoughts?

[Btw - Hard to not respect Dana Hooker (even kinda like a bit still, although I did cheer-laugh every time Turbo buried her face-first into the turf last week...), but geez that kick she copped looked ugly. Hope she’s ok - you never like to see stuff like that. A champion, hope she’s back out there soon.]

Of all the players who defected, who would be in our best 21? My ‘guesses/opinions’ - injuries not withstanding...

Dana Hooker
Ashlee Atkins
Kellie Gibson
Parris Laurie (?)
Courtney Guard (?)
Melissa Caulfield
Brianna Green
Alicia Janz
Cassie Davidson (trade)

Thoughts?

[Btw - Hard to not respect Dana Hooker (even kinda like a bit still, although I did cheer-laugh every time Turbo buried her face-first into the turf last week...), but geez that kick she copped looked ugly. Hope she’s ok - you never like to see stuff like that. A champion, hope she’s back out there soon.]

Parris Laurie would be getting a game and would have made us a better team.
If the Irish girl hadn’t gone down then perhaps she wouldn’t be best team but she still would have probably been selected ahead of Strom

Parris Laurie would be getting a game and would have made us a better team.
If the Irish girl hadn’t gone down then perhaps she wouldn’t be best team but she still would have probably been selected ahead of Strom
I do agree. That’s why I said injuries notwithstanding. But yeah I agree. I ‘ummed and erred’ about Laurie, and thought if Tighe were available would we play Laurie or Strom. But I agree it would be Tighe and Laurie. Tighe would be first ruck, where would they play Laurie for the 70% she wouldn’t be rucking? Don’t need her forward, can she defend. That would be my only question.

Dana Hooker
Ashlee Atkins
Kellie Gibson
Parris Laurie (?)
Courtney Guard (?)
Melissa Caulfield
Brianna Green
Alicia Janz
Cassie Davidson (trade)

Thoughts?

Probably Hooker and Laurie, although, maybe Stewart doesn’t get the opportunity if Hooker is there. Stewart looks like she could develop into what Hooker is.

Laurie > Strong at the moment although not a huge difference.

Dana Hooker
Ashlee Atkins
Kellie Gibson
Parris Laurie (?)
Courtney Guard (?)
Melissa Caulfield
Brianna Green
Alicia Janz
Cassie Davidson (trade)

Thoughts?

You can have Gibson back if you want. Swap for Duffy?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can have Gibson back if you want. Swap for Duffy?

Naaaahhh... we’re good I reckon. I was dark when Gibson moved - she played some crackers for us. Although we always knew she would defect, she took her time announcing, but geez she’s been shithouse this season (though she does like to gob off).
Hooker still a dead-set champ, but turns it over a lot in close. Be interested to see her disposal efficiency. She’d still would be one of first 3-4 picked in any team in the comp.

Naaaahhh... we’re good I reckon. I was dark when Gibson moved - she played some crackers for us. Although we always knew she would defect, she took her time announcing, but geez she’s been shithouse this season (though she does like to gob off).
Hooker still a dead-set champ, but turns it over a lot in close. Be interested to see her disposal efficiency. She’d still would be one of first 3-4 picked in any team in the comp.
Hooker is being hurt trying to carry the side. She gets the hard ball, is the best at getting into position on the spread, and takes marks on the last line of defense.

My concern is she is going to work herself into the ground trying to plug holes, and it's making her less effective.

Hooker is being hurt trying to carry the side. She gets the hard ball, is the best at getting into position on the spread, and takes marks on the last line of defense.

My concern is she is going to work herself into the ground trying to plug holes, and it's making her less effective.

Teams know it’s Swanson and Hooker, both are getting beaten up each week.

Gibson is bit of a front runner and needs others to feed her the ball.

Cameron is the only other in the middle who is pretty good.

Got a feeling that Hooker won’t last to the end of the season due to the punishment she is receiving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back