Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at finishing dead last now, you think they are above criticism?
I don't think they are playing that badly it's just some friggin unbelievably stupid individual decision making. Michelle Cowan deserves some hard questions but if I was her I'd already have a migraine not of my own causing.

If we actually eliminated all the bonehead things we'd be 6 goals in front.

Who the **** marks 25m out directly in front and tries to give it off?????

To be fair, that's the equivalent of marking 50 out in a men's game and it did look like her teammate would steam into an open goal.

To be fair, that's the equivalent of marking 50 out in a men's game and it did look like her teammate would steam into an open goal.

It's not the men's game though. In the men's game, you need to take risks to score. The women's game - at least at the moment - should be all about eliminating risks because most of the time when they take those risks it results in a catastrophic error.

The message at half time should be that it's all about territory. If there is any risk involved in a short pass then do not take it. We're winning most of the contested ball, Collingwood can only get it forward when we hand it to them on a plate. If we take away that opportunity then we should score through sheer weight of possession.

I just realised I know Alicia Janz from when I lived up north. I had no idea she was even in the Freo squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did we not get a goal then? Looked like Sharpe left it to run through when all she had to do was soccer it before the Pies player.

Bloody hell did everything but keep kick it through the big sticks:mad: an important skill as it turns out.

Another frustrating game.

Rather than winning our first premiership, looks like the girls are about to double our wooden spoon count.

Only caught the last quarter but gee Sharp lost that match with that effort of hers in the goal square.

Also the umpiring in this is pathetic, Collingwood 2 times ran the ball out of bounds under next to no pressure and don't get paid for deliberate. A left foot kick to 2 team mates that misses by about 5 metres by a Collingwood player however was pinged for deliberate.

Shocking.

That was diabolical in the last quarter. How you can not kick a single goal out of that many set shots and when the ball bounce in front of you in the goal square is beyond me.

Dominated the game, yet still lost.

Obviously when you lose by a point you can look at dozens of little screw ups that cost the game, but it should never have come down to that, it should have been a 4 or 5 goal win. Bugger me, it was 32-14 inside 50s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back