14 Kira MORRISON 29/01/1999 Key Def Perth Angels
29 Mikaela SCHOENFELD 2/02/1999 Mid Peel Thunderbirds
7 Sarah GARSTONE 18/02/1999 Def/Mid Peel Thunderbirds
5 Matilda SERGEANT 13/03/1999 Mid/Def Claremont
20 Abby DUNCAN 22/03/1999 Half Back Albany Storm/Claremont
21 Mary SMITH-BIN OMAR 12/07/1999 Fwd Claremont
6 Caitlyn MANN 16/08/1999 Mid/Def Swan Districts
17 Emily PICKETT 16/12/1999 Mid/Def East Perth
The clubs for some of the players are incorrect. Check the WAFC site for the correct clubs.

Apart from McAuliffe i would expect older players to be taken. While the 18s won by 12 goals to 7, it was mainly because the 23s had 2 training sessions together and the first half was spent finding out what they could do. The older girls were the better team in the second half and were hashly treated with a deliberate rushed behind which would have been extremely harsh at AFL level and even more so as the rule doesn't apply at this level.

Schoenfeld is the younger sister of Josh. Maddie Ugle (c) i think is related closely to Kirk.

The rest of the Picketts, Kicketts, Narkles, Yarrans Jettas and Ugles are just from the extended Noongar family groups that originate from SW WA. There are Krakouers,Bennells and Garletts too. Football is very popular with indiginous girls and the competition , especially the youth girls is a good 10% indigenous, probably more.

Sonia born in 99, Shanaya in 97.
They have the DoBs and clubs mismatched with the players on the AFL site.

Sonia Dorizzi is from South Freo not West Perth. Morrison from Peel not Perth and Garstone East Perth not Peel off the top of my head. I expect all these birthdates are incorrect too.

Last edited:
They have the DoBs and clubs mismatched with the players on the AFL site.

Sonia Dorizzi is from South Freo not West Perth. Morrison from Peel not Perth and Garstone East Perth not Peel off the top of my head. I expect all these birthdates are incorrect too.
Yeah Rose Deegan's birth year is 2001, but the AFL have mixed Sonia Dorizzi's birth date with hers....they are all over the place.

I wonder if it is home sickness or pride from demotion but wonder if she is welcome home.

Media when signed for Crows “I’ve never lived out of home before. Coming from WA across the Nullarbor into Adelaide has been quite nerve-racking, but I’m loving every second I’m here.
“I just can’t wait to get started.” A West Coast supporter and Josh Kennedy fan, Gibson leaves behind her parents and older brother in Perth.

Gibson joked her Dad would rather see her play in Crows colours than those of arch-rival Fremantle, who will also field a team in the national women’s league. “My Dad’s supported the Eagles for I don’t know how long and I just jumped on the bandwagon. I guess I’ve got to trade clubs now,” she said.
“If my Dad had seen me running around in purple he’d probably tell me not to come home!”

I thought she may have stayed in Adelaide another year and waited for West Coast.

I wonder if it is home sickness or pride from demotion but wonder if she is welcome home.

Media when signed for Crows “I’ve never lived out of home before. Coming from WA across the Nullarbor into Adelaide has been quite nerve-racking, but I’m loving every second I’m here.
“I just can’t wait to get started.” A West Coast supporter and Josh Kennedy fan, Gibson leaves behind her parents and older brother in Perth.

Gibson joked her Dad would rather see her play in Crows colours than those of arch-rival Fremantle, who will also field a team in the national women’s league. “My Dad’s supported the Eagles for I don’t know how long and I just jumped on the bandwagon. I guess I’ve got to trade clubs now,” she said.
“If my Dad had seen me running around in purple he’d probably tell me not to come home!”

I thought she may have stayed in Adelaide another year and waited for West Coast.
She was demoted from marquee ststus and from that given a big pay cut. The reason may be financial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For young talent the U18s play two games this weekend.

Prior to the Freo Collingwood game the U23s play an invitationsl team made up of players who have not played senior state football.

This means that players unsigned are.
Taryn Priestly, Taylah Angel, Tarni Golisano, Kira Phillips, Akec Makur Chuot, Demi Okely, Stephanie Cain, Emily Bonser, Kelly Clinch, Beatrice Devlyn, Kim Mickle.
Why didn't my buddy sign? She's not being delisted is she?

They are all a chance for getting back on.
Pretty sure Kim Mickle will be throwing a stick, but nost of the others would be a chance.

Hopefully they'll play the games at grounds with shade for the spectators. The freo concrete terraces were pretty warm to watch from.

Why didn't my buddy sign? She's not being delisted is she?
I know she's your buddy so I'll try and be nice mate. She was fairly average in my opinion.

Thought she played very timidly and her positioning was nowhere. Good story though.

Cain was a goer but a turnover merchant and fairly poor one on one, Phillips went in under an attitude/application cloud and only got a game once injuries had taken hold, didn't make much of an impact when she got her chance.

Pretty shrewd re-signings for mine. Surprised Golisarno didn't get signed but maybe we will sign a couple more up leading into the draft.

Last edited:
How does the women's draft work?

Can we only draft from the WA draft?

Does this make our picks pretty much worthless
Yes, can only draft from WA, and this is the reason there was no deal with Crows for Gibson. Our picks are worthless to them, and if Gibson nominates for WA, which she is going to, there is no point trading for her, Freo is the only club that can get her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back