Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Wee bit optimistic of the club to suggest 30,000 getting to the game I would think!!

I think it is realistic. A lot of people would be there to experience the stadium rather than the game. For example I'm not really into the AFLW but for $2 I would think about going just for the stadium experience. I would be barracking for our girls of course if I did go. If it was somewhere else I probably would give it a miss.

Geelong and North to join AFLW in 2019.

Shocked the Eagles didn't get chosen TBH.
They're in for the 2020 season, as are Gold Coast, Richmond & St Kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh who would've thought the AFL would * up the AFLW already. West Coast 100% should've been the first expansion team. And they've already ruined any chance of making this a true national comp by making it so victorian. Seriously, the comp's been out for 1 year, and the non-victorian teams are already disadvantaged forever.

Ugh who would've thought the AFL would **** up the AFLW already. West Coast 100% should've been the first expansion team. And they've already ruined any chance of making this a true national comp by making it so victorian. Seriously, the comp's been out for 1 year, and the non-victorian teams are already disadvantaged forever.
Its the VFLW just like forever the AFL is really VFL

5 WA players off to the AFLW combine
Kate Bartlett (Peel)
Sonia Dorizzi (South Frem)
Tayla McAuliffe (Swans)
Rachel Ashley (Perth)
Ashton Hill (West Perth)

Shes a very very good player.

Hard running and has a decent kick.

Dockers should pick her up.

Ugh who would've thought the AFL would **** up the AFLW already. West Coast 100% should've been the first expansion team. And they've already ruined any chance of making this a true national comp by making it so victorian. Seriously, the comp's been out for 1 year, and the non-victorian teams are already disadvantaged forever.
Women's footy in WA only has itself to blame. While other states have been ramping up their women's comps and development for the past few seasons the powers in WA have been doing nothing. They can't even agree on a new equalised elite comp over here. And thats just the start.

Women's footy in WA only has itself to blame. While other states have been ramping up their women's comps and development for the past few seasons the powers in WA have been doing nothing. They can't even agree on a new equalised elite comp over here. And thats just the start.
But the way to develop it is for the AFL to encourage and nurture it, not stifle it. Victoria's gone real hard into changing up the women's comps next year. The VFLW sides are being changed up to align better with the men's teams. And most of the local leagues are starting up full blown women's & girls comps. I'm playing in the brand new EDFL league next year

t

TBH, I really dont know.

The 2017 draft will again be state-based, which means that players are only able to nominate in one state of their choice.

Much like last year, a free agency period will be held on October 19 and 20 to allow Clubs to consider interstate players that may be willing to move if not selected in the draft.

Yes they do. Unfortunately some of the above may look elsewhere.

How many places left on Freo's list surely they get the pick of the WA crop unless said WA crop says they want to not play for Freo and want to play elsewhere.... if that's the case then Freo needs to make it a destination club ASAP and talk to those players early!

How many places left on Freo's list surely they get the pick of the WA crop unless said WA crop says they want to not play for Freo and want to play elsewhere.... if that's the case then Freo needs to make it a destination club ASAP and talk to those players early!
7 I think, of which we have 5 senior places.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back