Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

McGuire.
If fit, redraft Phillips. Kicked a lot of goals, much better contested mark.
Good write up on Bartlett mentioned her being a natural goal sneak who gets goals by being smarter than the players around her. The question being, if she cannot get goals that way in the AFLW, can she get them any other way?

I certainly think she will be an AFLW player, but she could be one that's best left to rippen a year or 2.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Bartlett will be at GWS as she nominated that draft. McGuire struggled to hit the scoreboard at WAWFL level i could see her as a rookie pick.

No for Phillips. Won the goal kicking but 11 was in a game where South were tanking for reserves finals and 6 playing a team where more than half the team was playing their first or 2nd game of football ever! The rest of season was meh. I also heard her 2k wa Sylviaesque.

It is so difficult to judge players when the competition is so uneven.

Bartlett will be at GWS as she nominated that draft. McGuire struggled to hit the scoreboard at WAWFL level i could see her as a rookie pick.

No for Phillips. Won the goal kicking but 11 was in a game where South were tanking for reserves finals and 6 playing a team where more than half the team was playing their first or 2nd game of football ever! The rest of season was meh. I also heard her 2k wa Sylviaesque.

It is so difficult to judge players when the competition is so uneven.
Phillips would only be if she showed she could do the work, which she hasn't so far.

Which is a pity, a fit and strong Phillips would be a good player.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Does it matter for us?
Probably not, but doesn't send a great message. Finish second last delist a player then 10 months later redraft said player with first pick. Where is the improvement going to come from by redrafting a previously delisted player? Adelaide and Brisbane could get away with it but not us, our squad is not great.

They were always going to redraft some. I think they will redraft 3 or 4. Order doesn't matter. Other clubs will to. Vic clubs obviously will take best available first as it is competitive, but I predict they will redraft players as well.

In the first game Cain was running around fast, fumbling, turning the ball over and looking lost. So in the home game watched he in the warm up and she fumbled everything again. That summed up her season. Fast and can run but poor game sense and skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22490217_3386286384714832_1355529897916454578_n.jpg

"
Queensland will have to keep a close eye on Evie Gooch in the centre for WA. Gooch is a proven strong midfielder with exceptional skills and great endurance. A cross-code convert from soccer, Gooch was named Women’s State Premier League Goalkeeper of the Year in 2015 for her WA club Melville. She has the ability to make a big impact on games if given the chance, so will need to be challenged by Queensland’s midfielders.

Western Australia’s key target up forward will be Asha Price. She’s been known to regularly kick bags of goals at representative level and is a product of WA’s Youth Girls system. Price played alongside Brisbane Lions marquee Sabrina Frederick-Traub for WA and both were named in the All-Australian Youth Girls team in 2014. It will be a good challenge for Queensland’s tall defenders to compete with Price in the air and shut her down."

Last edited:
Jodie White -

http://[NB: girlsplayfooty domain h...jodie-white-courtney-gum-and-anna-teague.html

"
Jodie White (Coastal Titans, WA)
Position: Ruck
Fremantle coach Michelle Cowan said the Dockers will look for a ruck in the AFLW Draft, and there’s no better option than the WAWFL’s team of the decade ruckwoman, and the reigning league best and fairest.

Jodie White has been playing football for much longer than many of today’s AFLW stars; the 36-year-old started her career with the Coastal Titans in the West Australian Women’s Football League in 2004.

She returned to the game this year after a two-year hiatus and won the league best and fairest, the Dhara Kerr medal.

The All-Australian ruck is, unsurprisingly, a great tap ruck but is also effective all over the ground where she consistently follows up her efforts, even finding the goals on occasion.

Draft notes: We know that Freo wants a ruck, and while there are a few young players who could fill the void, having them learn from an experienced veteran like Jodie White, all while she aids the Dockers with her performances, would be a win all around. White might just be inclined to partially give up family life for a few months in pursuit of an AFLW spot on the back of her efforts this year."

In the first game Cain was running around fast, fumbling, turning the ball over and looking lost. So in the home game watched he in the warm up and she fumbled everything again. That summed up her season. Fast and can run but poor game sense and skills.
Pretty much how I remember her, a very fast chook with her head cut off.

Gooch has probably the best sounding kick you have ever heard from a footballer. Sounds funny I know but she just is a beautiful kick. She's got a really solid physique too. Strong overhead, a natural footballer.
Desperately need an elite kick. Good to hear. Are there any forwards available to us? We desperately need one of those, as well

Gooch has probably the best sounding kick you have ever heard from a footballer. Sounds funny I know but she just is a beautiful kick. She's got a really solid physique too. Strong overhead, a natural footballer.

If she used to be a soccer goalkeeper you'd think she'd have spent a lot of time diving for balls and kicking out - so marking and long kicks should be a strength of hers

Pretty much how I remember her, a very fast chook with her head cut off.
Been a huge improver, took out Swans B&F. Has worked really hard on cleaning up her hands and disposal. Congrats to her, interesting they chose her first though. Marketability perhaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back