Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

But it would be kind of cool to have the luxury of not having to go as hard against North in that last week. It's most likely whoever is 1 and 2 in Conf A will play off in the GF, so I would think both clubs would be wanting to make sure they come out all guns blazing for the PFs, and not use up all their energy (and show too much of what they'll bring) before the GF.

Not confident v Crows in Darwin, at all.

But it would be kind of cool to have the luxury of not having to go as hard against North in that last week. It's most likely whoever is 1 and 2 in Conf A will play off in the GF, so I would think both clubs would be wanting to make sure they come out all guns blazing for the PFs, and not use up all their energy (and show too much of what they'll bring) before the GF.

Not confident v Crows in Darwin, at all.
We want to win home ground advantage.

We are getting a lot of press at the moment, but I reckon y'all are the team to beat. Shame they couldn't have worked out a double-header for Rd1 of the mens.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Geez I love Dana Hooker. :purpleheart:

Gawd, imagine if we win this! The bandwagon won't be big enough! (Inaugural member here, just FYI... ;) :purpleheart::heartpulse::purpleheart:)

Now IP, we don't want a repeat of the situation where you salivated over Pav's thighs !!!. I don't want to hear you salivating over Hooker's hammies !!!.

Restraint must be shown, else it will be a Bex and a good lay for you.

Now IP, we don't want a repeat of the situation where you salivated over Pav's thighs !!!. I don't want to hear you salivating over Hooker's hammies !!!.

Restraint must be shown, else it will be a Bex and a good lay for you.

hahaha! Very funny. I love Dana for her ability and tenacity... it's actually Ebony Antonio that's got the cutes IMO. ;)

And just on that - I wish the AFL would allow clubs to sign the girls to contracts longer than one year at a time. No chance we'll lose Antonio, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hooker in bluenyella next year. :(

hahaha! Very funny. I love Dana for her ability and tenacity... it's actually Ebony Antonio that's got the cutes IMO. ;)

And just on that - I wish the AFL would allow clubs to sign the girls to contracts longer than one year at a time. No chance we'll lose Antonio, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hooker in bluenyella next year. :(
Is there a reason you see Hooker leaving? Works at the club so would be one of the last I would think would leave?

Is there a reason you see Hooker leaving? Works at the club so would be one of the last I would think would leave?
She had said she considered leaving to head East last year, but changed her mind.

Knowing that, I would have thought start up Vic clubs would be all over her at the end of this year.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

She explored her options at the end of last season, to the Bulldogs I believe.
She had said she considered leaving to head East last year, but changed her mind.

Knowing that, I would have thought start up Vic clubs would be all over her at the end of this year.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Hmm interesting, hopefully she was chasing success and maybe sees she may get that here, otherwise she will probably leave to the East next year.

EDIT: https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...to-stay-with-fremantle-dockers-ng-b881095565z
Did a bit of reading on it and seems she was likely offered a job to move over with the Dogs and when we got a sniff of it we matched it, seems happy to be set up here so I feel she is unlikely to move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of the above.

BUT, the reason I'm saying it is, with only a one year contract, and the millions the weags have in their coffers, I can see WC going hard for her. It would be a huge coup for them to lure someone who's been our B&F, had another top 2 finish, been an AA. She's well known in the competition and the headlines would be huge - "Hooker, line and sinker, the Eagles get their girl." Can't you just see it?

Does aflw have salary caps for the teams too? If they do, I don’t see other teams offering so insanely overs that we can’t match them.

I mean, we won’t just let our BnF winner just walkout of the club right?
...oh wait, s**t.

Does aflw have salary caps for the teams too? If they do, I don’t see other teams offering so insanely overs that we can’t match them.

I mean, we won’t just let our BnF winner just walkout of the club right?
...oh wait, s**t.
The salary cap rorts are where players are given jobs outside of the season for a little extra.

That's why Dana ended up staying with Freo. She could get a similar job here with FFC as what WB were offering, so it was easier to stay than go. There are lots of girls with jobs at other clubs. From trainers to physios to development, to simply spruiking the club. That was how North/Tassie were able to get so many girls across - they had a raft of jobs lined up. Emma Kearney for example, is a trained primary school teacher, and they offered her a job working as a youth development officer with underprivileged kids. Works as a rep of NM/T AFLW team during the week, plays for them on the weekend. She's just one - I know Daisy Pearce works at MFC, but there are many, many more.

Dana might get a hefty raise in her FFC salary at the end of this year.

Massive test against Adelaide, they spanked us in the preseason. A real demoralizing match. Hopefully we were just hitting our straps, but Adelaide are the real deal and should probably also be undefeated if it weren’t for inaccuracy in front of goal against the Bulldogs.

Oh no, I hope we don't lose Hooker. That would be dreadful. What makes you think that that could happen?

Sorry people, probably not going to get a chance to put up a game preview thread for round 4. Unfortunate because I think this is the most important game of the season. Win and we should play finals, lose and it will be really tough to make finals. Backing the girls in... win by 9 points.

Sorry people, probably not going to get a chance to put up a game preview thread for round 4. Unfortunate because I think this is the most important game of the season. Win and we should play finals, lose and it will be really tough to make finals. Backing the girls in... win by 9 points.
Dammit I was about to ask you where it was. I'll forgive you because the threads have been amazing so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back