Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest handicap in the side is Gooch.

I was going to step in and defend her, but then she just ran under the ball for no reason whatsoever allowing her opponent to run onto it. That piece of play was ******* atrocious, it looked like she'd given up.

This last quarter is season breaking stuff. A loss wouldn't be that bad, but a huge loss is a disaster. We need to smash the Bulldogs next week to make up for it.

Well that was disappointing. Hopefully just an off night rather than a reality check of where we're really at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Donnellan is so hot and cold. Absolutely disinterested today. Amazing last week. Just not a marquee player in my opinion. Anyone think she’s in the top 30 players in the league?

FYI Emma Kearney taught PE at Mt Alexander College which is a secondary school, not primary school.
Popular teacher as well.
Back to our girls, it looks like a late night for those of us not in WA
Go you good things
Stand corrected. Thought I heard primary school, but she looks more like she’d be a high school teacher so makes sense.

Nah, way off. There’s been a dozen players at least worse than her tonight. The defence has been under siege the whole game due to the mids and forwards getting killed.

Not the most skilled but a real trier which a heap of others could learn from.

I’ve no doubt she tries but she shouldn’t be in defence besides kicking the ball in after a behind she’s a liability, way to slow and I reckon five of Adelaide’s goals were through her mistakes or letting her apponent lead her to the ball.

Donnellan is so hot and cold. Absolutely disinterested today. Amazing last week. Just not a marquee player in my opinion. Anyone think she’s in the top 30 players in the league?
WA got raided for players to be marquees elsewhere. Freo were too slow off the mark. Randall already at Adelaide, Frederick-Traub already at Brisbane, Forth and her partner already at GWS, King already at the Pies. Needed to get onto Traub’s and King’s ears early, then build the midfield around them as the next level ‘pre-draft’ selections - Donnellan amd Bowers. It’s not like we couldn’t pick whoever nominated for WA at the time - Antonio, Hooker and all the others that were taken in that first draft that went forever.

This is the game that tells the story. Win, and Freo are probably second favourite for the flag behind North, lose and its a tight race to even make finals.

Exactly right and that’s how it feels tonight. Finals feel a long way away now. Hoping Melbourne win tomorrow I think.

Well that was disappointing. Hopefully just an off night rather than a reality check of where we're really at.
I think compared to Adelaide in their second home of Darwin, where a quarter of their squad comes from, that’s exactly where we’re at. I was hoping to keep the loss to around 4 goals, 7 goals was disappointing.
Didn’t they say they did a 10 day training camp up there just recently.

AND talking Erin Phillips - she is next level good, and knows how to draw the frees which is fricken frustrating when you’re the opposition. But she also makes the oppo players - which happened to be our girls this week - s**t themselves when she gets near the ball because they know she’s going to beat them. That makes it easier for her to win the ball while they’re busy shitting themselves, or they try to win the ball and then infringe. She’s quite amazing.

I think compared to Adelaide in their second home of Darwin, where a quarter of their squad comes from, that’s exactly where we’re at. I was hoping to keep the loss to around 4 goals, 7 goals was disappointing.
Didn’t they say they did a 10 day training camp up there just recently.

AND talking Erin Phillips - she is next level good, and knows how to draw the frees which is fricken frustrating when you’re the opposition. But she also makes the oppo players - which happened to be our girls this week - s**t themselves when she gets near the ball because they know she’s going to beat them. That makes it easier for her to win the ball while they’re busy shitting themselves, or they try to win the ball and then infringe. She’s quite amazing.
I think Phillips many years of pro basketball give her excellent judgement of contact. She is able to move players off the ball without giving away a free. Of course, they know she is going to do it, and also know they are not going to be able to do anything about it, so they scrag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back