Club Focus Fremantle 2020 - Chapman, O'Driscoll, Walker, Western

AFL Club Focus

What do Freo need most from the 2020 off-season?

• Recruiting via the draft

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Recruiting via trade

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Re-signing existing talent

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Managing the salary cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing the age profile

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Elliot yes. Him Henry and Walters could work well together. What would Hoskin-Elliot cost at the trade table? A couple of years ago I thought he would be a gun. Connor Blakely probably available. Im not sure how much interest you would have in him. It would depend if the salary cap issues that some have talked about involving Collingwood are true.
I wouldn't want to trade WHE, somehow managed to stay relevant in games when we made it so hard for all the other forwards all year.

Hawks rumoured to be interested in Elliot this year, he pretty much plays the same role as Walters, although I imagine you guys wouldn't mind that.

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Heard from a couple of media sources - Twomey and McArdle - that Freo are very much into Chapman.

The questions are:

1. Will he be still available for them to pick around 15? I doubt it.
  2. Do they need another tall defender? Already have Logue, Cox, Hamling and Pearce

Always a tough one to predict, my mob.

exxcessivve

All Australian
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Port
Heard from a couple of media sources - Twomey and McArdle - that Freo are very much into Chapman.

The questions are:

1. Will he be still available for them to pick around 15? I doubt it.
  2. Do they need another tall defender? Already have Logue, Cox, Hamling and Pearce

Always a tough one to predict, my mob.

please not another defender. Someone who can add something different to the front half of the ground is needed. From my very limited study of this year’s draft I see Archie Perkins as the right option, but freo will probably miss him by a few picks.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I daresay we will have no choice. All the top talls will be gone by pick 15.
The closest Freo will get to using a 1st tall forward is by recruiting another 190cm tall midfielder.

Yeah seems most of the decent tall forwards will be gone by pick 10.

Still.... I think Freo will get a tall forward on the rookie list

Fremantle have nailed the draft over the last three years. Now it’s all about keeping the young core together and adding some experienced senior players via trade/free agency to complement your list.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Fremantle have nailed the draft over the last three years. Now it’s all about keeping the young core together and adding some experienced senior players via trade/free agency to complement your list.
All I cared about is hoping that our 1st round pick turns out ok.

I have posted this before and will post it Again....

Freos 1st round picks from 2007-14 is nothing short but disastrous. either injury prone players or average players or players that were talented but didnt have the dedication or talented players with off field problems.

2007: Rhy Palmer (Yep the bloke that won the 2008 rising star over cyril)
2008: Stephen Hill.
2009: Anthony Morabito
2010: Jayden Pitt
2011: Tom Sheridan
2012: Josh Simpson
2013: Michael Apeness
2014: Lachie Weller

fortunately freo have chosen their 1st rounders from 2015 onwards wisely.

Back