Toast Fremantle's 1st 2016 National Draft Pick: Griffin Logue [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

There's lots of elite rowers that also play footy. Doesn't mean they're any good
Of course it doesn't, but we have seen heaps of draftees wither and die on the vine, including high end draft picks. But it definitely speaks to one aspect of what it means to become a very good footballer. You don't typically become elite at any sport without putting in the hard work, identifying and honing the skills required, giving your best. It speaks to character. And it has prepared him to be available physically in the first year that he will be on an afl list, despite the meme that talls take time to develop.

His actual football skills cv, plus JimtheDocker's sons endorsement, has shown that he has plenty to offer. Keep working on that with the same commitment he showed to become an elite rower and he has the capacity to become an elite afl player.

Of course it doesn't, but we have seen heaps of draftees wither and die on the vine, including high end draft picks. But it definitely speaks to one aspect of what it means to become a very good footballer. You don't typically become elite at any sport without putting in the hard work, identifying and honing the skills required, giving your best. It speaks to character. And it has prepared him to be available physically in the first year that he will be on an afl list, despite the meme that talls take time to develop.

His actual football skills cv, plus JimtheDocker's sons endorsement, has shown that he has plenty to offer. Keep working on that with the same commitment he showed to become an elite rower and he has the capacity to become an elite afl player.
All I read was "blah, blah, blah...I'm so positive 'cause I live on the island of the gods in 30 degrees everyday with awesome waves on every beach...blah, blah, blah." Yeah well there's no waves here in Perth for the next 3 months (as usual) and I think Logue should have stuck with rowing since he obviously can't kick, he's too happy and out partying so he's not taking his new job seriously enough, he's not someone else we didn't get to pick, he hates Fyfe, and he needs a haircut. We should have taken Battle. Ross needs to go for this complete stuff up. Maybe next year we'll have a decent draft and trade period. But my expectations will be low as I'm sure we'll fail again.

I've held my tongue for a little while to try and let it die but I just can't. Some of you fellas have a weird persecution/inferiority complex going on.... I stand by my claim that based on what I have seen of Logue his kicking is about average for an AFL player. That is not a criticism by any means but just my honest assessment of his ability. If you think having an 'ok' kick is an insult have a look at the past three brownlow winners. He's a better kick than 2.

All I read was "blah, blah, blah...I'm so positive 'cause I live on the island of the gods in 30 degrees everyday with awesome waves on every beach...blah, blah, blah." Yeah well there's no waves here in Perth for the next 3 months (as usual) and I think Logue should have stuck with rowing since he obviously can't kick, he's too happy and out partying so he's not taking his new job seriously enough, he's not someone else we didn't get to pick, he hates Fyfe, and he needs a haircut. We should have taken Battle. Ross needs to go for this complete stuff up. Maybe next year we'll have a decent draft and trade period. But my expectations will be low as I'm sure we'll fail again.
Yeah that probably is what you read.

Ibbotson will be spewing with the Logue selection :D:D

I'm so excited to see this bloke in action. Just looks so athletic and has a real footy brain. Pretty much an automatic upgrade on Ethan Hughes (who, I unfortunately can't see making it now, don't shoot me).

If he gets a birth early in the year I see no reason why he can't be in the discussion for the Rising Star.

Ibbotson will be spewing with the Logue selection :D:D

I'm so excited to see this bloke in action. Just looks so athletic and has a real footy brain. Pretty much an automatic upgrade on Ethan Hughes (who, I unfortunately can't see making it now, don't shoot me).

If he gets a birth early in the year I see no reason why he can't be in the discussion for the Rising Star.

I hope you mean berth.

I've held my tongue for a little while to try and let it die but I just can't. Some of you fellas have a weird persecution/inferiority complex going on.... I stand by my claim that based on what I have seen of Logue his kicking is about average for an AFL player. That is not a criticism by any means but just my honest assessment of his ability. If you think having an 'ok' kick is an insult have a look at the past three brownlow winners. He's a better kick than 2.

You must be new round these parts cowboy,

There are only two types of kicks on Big Footy, s**t kick & Elite kick

BF doesn't do OK

Griffin Logue is a Fremantle Football Club draftee who I don't think has completed a training session with the club yet.
Has most definitely not executed a single hand-ball,tackle,shepherd,spoil or any average or elite kicks in an AFL game.
Expect these facts to change over time.

Apart from logue , who is available for no 8, English ? Will broadie ( already got balic , tucker ) . berry (too many injuries). There is not a lot of different from pick 7 to pick 20 interm of talent . I think this draft will slowly even the talent and back up for freo and peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** theres alot of clowns in this thread are any of u one of the less than 5% who have seen this kid play
I am. You?

Btw, is the irony of taking an off the cuff remark (made by another poster regarding people who have seen him live) as gospel completely lost on you?

Logue is pretty rogue in a good way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back