Toast Fremantle's 1st 2016 National Draft Pick: Griffin Logue [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just spoke with one of Logue's teachers at GGS, who closely follows all things AFL and he couldn't speak highly enough of him, reckon
's he should have gone No1 and as a Richmond fan, wishes they could somehow have got him.

Great endorsement and really positive vibes that we made the correct choice.

I aint knocking English but I'm so glad we took this path

Just spoke with one of Logue's teachers at GGS, who closely follows all things AFL and he couldn't speak highly enough of him, reckon
's he should have gone No1 and as a Richmond fan, wishes they could somehow have got him.
A Richmond fan has a legitimately great excuse to change over to support another club and they don't? Clearly a sadist.

So Dion Prestia is the new Aaron Fiora?

In RTB's talk with the media today, he said "we really got the player that we targeted with our first pick" (video below starting at 7mins 30secs) ... as I suspected, that backs up the possibility that Freo may have had Logue in their focus for some time and is why they were comfortable trading pick 3 down to pick 7.

I knew basically nothing about Logue and was wondering why they picked him. But after the pick, I did a bit of research of all the top 10 draft picks and I am most impressed by Logue. I have a very strong belief that Freo have done a brilliant job getting him with pick 8. Time will tell, but I'm giving an early hand clap.

Last edited:
In RTB's talk with the media today, he said "we really got the player that we targeted with our first pick" (video below starting at 7mins 30secs) ... as I suspected, that backs up the possibility that Freo may have had Logue in their focus for some time and is why they were comfortable trading pick 3 down to pick 7.

I knew basically nothing about Logue and was wondering why they picked him. But after the pick, I did a bit of research of all the top 10 draft picks and I am most impressed by Logue. I have a very strong belief that Freo have done a brilliant job getting him with pick 8. Time will tell, but I'm giving an early hand clap.

A view shared by many on here m8

I know a guy who went to school (and did rowing) with him - was chatting with him today and he had nothing but praise for Logue.

He echoed everything that's been said here - said he was pretty much the total package: a great guy who was intelligent and ridiculously talented at anything athletic... also mentioned his smoking hot missus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farking lol.
I love Ross.

Looks straight at Barich when asked about Harley's troubles and the speculation around it.
Talking about needing to support young players:

"There's a long history in this state of players needing support" looking straight into Barich's eyes.

:D

Farking lol.
I love Ross.

Looks straight at Barich when asked about Harley's troubles and the speculation around it.
Talking about needing to support young players:

"There's a long history in this state of players needing support" looking straight into Barich's eyes.

:D

From day one he has given them nothing, zip. Treats then with the contempt they deserve after the machine gun like attack he faced in his first interview.

I know a guy who went to school (and did rowing) with him - was chatting with him today and he had nothing but praise for Logue.

He echoed everything that's been said here - said he was pretty much the total package: a great guy who was intelligent and ridiculously talented at anything athletic... also mentioned his smoking hot missus.

I'm so curious to see where GL predominately plays his AFL footy.
I so hope he becomes a ruck-roving weapon in time!

As with all recruits, when he first plays against man mountains with filled out shoulders like Buddy instead of 17 year old weeds, he's going to s**t his dacks. Lucky for him, he starts relatively well built.

I'm damned curious to see what sort of behemoth he turns into after a few years.

As with all recruits, when he first plays against man mountains with filled out shoulders like Buddy instead of 17 year old weeds, he's going to s**t his dacks. Lucky for him, he starts relatively well built.

I'm damned curious to see what sort of behemoth he turns into after a few years.

I doubt very much he'll be asked to line up against Buddy in his first year but I can realistically see him towelling up ratchet head shadow jumping Darling though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back