Toast Fremantle's 1st 2016 Rookie Draft Pick: Taylin Duman [Pick #3]

Remove this Banner Ad

My recollection is that we had 7 debutants last year and and 5 so far this year. Hard to make a case that we aren't giving the boys a chance.

The good thing is that most of them have looked like keepers. I think Duman has some x factor about him - would love to see him stamp himself as a replacement for MJ.

Tom Cutler as his player comparison in his bio is kind of weird. Don't remotely see the resemblance. I think he is more Gleeson from the Dons (pre injury when he was good).
Haha I’d hope so. Gleeson is one of the worst players in the league on current form! Duman played well last night and will be a useful player in the coming years. Could well come down to a battle between him, Young and Watson for a spot in the best 22

Haha I’d hope so. Gleeson is one of the worst players in the league on current form! Duman played well last night and will be a useful player in the coming years. Could well come down to a battle between him, Young and Watson for a spot in the best 22
Yeah Gleeson is dross now but before that long term injury he was just like Duman last night. Slight frame, seemingly innocuous but constantly in the right spot taking marks and safe by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m enjoying Duman getting some plaudits. Given our defence is going to be overstocked when all are fit I wonder what other roles he may be capable of?

I wonder with his game whether we saw a slight pivot in roles...Hill is really giving us no drive off half back...I wonder whether he's been shifted to a more defensive role, freeing up Wilson and Duman to run it out

I wonder with his game whether we saw a slight pivot in roles...Hill is really giving us no drive off half back...I wonder whether he's been shifted to a more defensive role, freeing up Wilson and Duman to run it out
good call. I watched the replay last night and Hill was all about tackling the moment their pressure forwards touched the ball. Wasn't really involved in sending it forward.

good call. I watched the replay last night and Hill was all about tackling the moment their pressure forwards touched the ball. Wasn't really involved in sending it forward.
Except for that pinpoint 55m barrel out of defence with about 90 seconds left when Melbourne were making one last gasp charge. Was a beautiful kick to remind us of what he could once do regularly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back