Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

McGrath and Yeo played as half backs as youngsters; half back was McGrath's position.

I am okay with Sturt playing back, but he was /is a good forward with good goal and decision making around there, in a team where we typically break down across the half forward line and I would have thought it was better to build on that both from a team and personal perspective. We always tend to use young players that are average to poor kicks in offence (Cerra was a recent exception last year but Banfield and DeBoer moved straight into the forward line once starting).

We haven't always done this also - we didn't play Fyfe back before moving him into the midfield did we?

I get lots of calls wrong, but just making sure people remember the ones I might have gotten right! :p

Anyway, now that it is the time to dream, can you imagine a dynamic forward line in the future of Sturt, Henry, Lobb, Serong, Walters? Skill, pace and marking to boot!

And then if we could get Hogan up and going.....

That talking footy episode last night after Wayne Carey commented on Sammy Sturt’s Debut ?
Then dickhead Darcy affirmed it then said he was a gun Norths player.
Duck look bemused and it looked like he wanted to jump in and make him look foolish.

These Victorians have utter contempt for Fremantle.

That talking footy episode last night after Wayne Carey commented on Sammy Sturt’s Debut ?
Then dickhead Darcy affirmed it then said he was a gun Norths player.
Duck look bemused and it looked like he wanted to jump in and make him look foolish.

These Victorians have utter contempt for Fremantle.
They are definitely disinterested in us but don't forgot just how incompetent most of them are at their jobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That gather at full pace then steaming off to lace out a pass to Tabs’ chest. Glorious. Elite talent right there

He didn't get much of it but everything he did caused a massive headache for the opposition fills me with hope.

The goal outside 50 was perfect

His mark when he was taken out, very strong

Kick to Tabs... bang on

Imagine when he gets more involed?

He didn't get much of it but everything he did caused a massive headache for the opposition fills me with hope.

The goal outside 50 was perfect

His mark when he was taken out, very strong

Kick to Tabs... bang on

Imagine when he gets more involed?
His defensive and pressure acts was the highest of any of our forwards.

It's been three years...three long, frustrating years.

The talent is there, the Rising Star nom is there, the structural importance is there, but is Sam going to make it?

Every off season he is touted as a key aspect that will drive improvement in our forward line but, it seems once again this year, the injury gods are frowning down on him.

This is a hugely important year for him. Give him a break you celestial bastards!

It's been three years...three long, frustrating years.

The talent is there, the Rising Star nom is there, the structural importance is there, but is Sam going to make it?

Every off season he is touted as a key aspect that will drive improvement in our forward line but, it seems once again this year, the injury gods are frowning down on him.

This is a hugely important year for him. Give him a break you celestial bastards!
Injury ? Or is he rehabbing from his existing one?
However you are right. He’s capable of eliteness. Can get 3 goals a game with ease

Remove this Banner Ad

Back