Toast Fremantle's 1st Pick: Darcy Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

His athletic profile is almost identical to Andrew Gaff's. Same beep test and 20m sprint results, and very similar 3km time trial result. They both have a tidy left boot also. With his solid build he could play next year.

Tucker looks significantly quicker than Gaff in the highlights. He reminds me more of Atley. The 20metre sprint is actually not a very good indicator of speed anyway. Barlow ran one of the quickest 20m sprints in his draft year.(at stae screening) He was faster than than Lewis Jetta in his 20metre sprint time. In my opinion 20metre sprints measures reaction time as much as speed. Watching Tucker run away from blokes in his highlights makes me think he is significantly quicker player than his good, but not great sprint time indicates. More Hill speed than Gaff speed over short distances.

Obviously, it is good sign that he has the endurance to match Gaff. Thanks for the research Yakka. Tucker looks like a very well rounded runner with good to excellent skills.

Last edited:
St kilda BF board already planning trade table 2017 and 2018 for Weller and Darcy.
We gave them Brett Peake. They should be satisfied with that.

Tucker looks significantly quicker than Gaff in the highlights. He reminds me more of Atley. The 20metre sprint is actually not a very good indicator of speed anyway. Barlow ran one of the quickest 20m sprints in his draft year.(at stae screening) He was faster than than Lewis Jetta in his 20metre sprint time. In my opinion 20metre sprints measures reaction time as much as speed. Watching Tucker run away from blokes in his highlights makes me think he is significantly quicker player than his good, but not great sprint time indicates. More Hill speed than Gaff speed over short distances.

Obviously, it is good sign that he has the endurance to match Gaff. Thanks for the research Yakka. Tucker looks like a very well rounded runner with good to excellent skills.

Was thinking the same about Balic. I think he's much quicker than his testing results suggest. He's not electric but he's certainly quicker than reported and he uses what pace he has well.

Was thinking the same about Balic. I think he's much quicker than his testing results suggest. He's not electric but he's certainly quicker than reported and he uses what pace he has well.
Balic has great lateral movement in tight and he uses his hands like a basketball player to fake players out and get a handball off. its very impressive on those draft reels.

Balic has great lateral movement in tight and he uses his hands like a basketball player to fake players out and get a handball off. its very impressive on those draft reels.
He finds gaps like a cat running between two houses

Judging from Darcy's Twitter handle, he plays in jumper #7... Looks like he'll be changing numbers!

It would have been interesting to know who called the draftees last night from Freo. RtB and one of the Steves would have spoken to them about logistics, and no doubt a heap of texts were sent their way from the players. But whether Pav, Mundy or Fyfe gave them a call would give a good indication of where the captaincy is going next season.
On Brad Loyd's Radio Clip from 6PR last night he said Balic was at the venue and that he was going to call Tucker as he was going to see him in Vic Country on Thursday and will bring him back with him. I take it that will possibly be on Friday after the Rookie Draft. I would imagine that all the players will be here by Monday and possibly join in some of the running after some inductions.

St kilda BF board already planning trade table 2017 and 2018 for Weller and Darcy.
And will trade for every man and dog in between. Dont listen to those BoofHeads as we will have our new $100M training and administration facility (best in Australia) by then as we move into the place in 18 months (as advised by Steve Rosich and Steve Harris at tonight's AGM) so why would they want to leave.

With the kind've skills on display in that video, you'd have to say Darcy Tucker looks to be one arsey mothertrucker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ allmighty this kid has an amazing kick! ...He could dot the 'i' s and cross the 't's on his contract by kicking ballpoint pens through the boardroom window (...and that's without leaving the car-park.). :eek::thumbsu:
The deliberate upgrading of our disposal skills and speed is going to pay big dividends starting next year with Bennell and Yarran ready to go, Weller and Langdon beginning to phase in, and the new boys building.

For those not in the know - touchè is French for 'ohhhhh we've got a ******* comedian over here!'

what's Yoplait French for?

what's Yoplait French for?

What's Tucker rhyming slang for?

In a few years WC fans will be going 'wow that Mother Tucker off half back is killing us!'

Absolute steal Im so glad we nabbed him. Could see him almost as an Elliot Yeo type of player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back