Prediction Fremantle's 2022 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

i hope it included the womens team - the men might want to make a final one of these years first and put a forward line together before coming out with those sorts of expectations.
I am going to assume it did include the AFLW side as they did lose to the crows in the preliminary final.

As i have said previously. The dockers men's side will be lucky to make a preliminary final from now until 2025

I love the ridiculous arrogance of you, you insipid flog. You generalise in regard to an entire supporter base, and then proceed to label the previous poster stupid. Peak lack of self-reflection! I watch very few of your games, as I simply don't care enough about your team (as much as you wish I did haha).
Hilarious.

Your profile pic suits you to a T.

Don't watch our games? Don't comment then.

Good to see you still just constantly shitpost and add literally nothing of substance to any thread.

Have some self-awareness please (even though I know you're going to immediately go down the "know you are, said you are but what am I?" response tot his last comment).

Anyway, back to the thread topic.

I thought Freo's capitulation to St Kilda was a bit insipid originally, however St Kilda have gone on to play some very good footy since, so it doesn't look nearly as bad with the power of hindsight, ditto the 1pt win over Adelaide actually looks better in retrospect, considering some of their performances.

Bigger tests coming up for Freo, as they've played 3 straight at home but they'd be pretty chuffed to find themselves sitting third. Judgement should be reserved until they start taking on better teams, especially away from home, but they've started well, which is all you can ask for.

Could've, and really should've, been 4-0 but at least the one loss was a close one against a team in ripping form.

Hilarious.

Your profile pic suits you to a T.

Don't watch our games? Don't comment then.

Good to see you still just constantly shitpost and add literally nothing of substance to any thread.

Have some self-awareness please (even though I know you're going to immediately go down the "know you are, said you are but what am I?" response tot his last comment).
Self-awareness is clearly not at all YOUR strong-suit, in fact, you never reflect on even a letter I type. I literally just finished expressing to you how many, many users engage in productive conversation with me. Well done for parroting exactly what I said - get your own material flog! It's just you I choose to obliterate! Also, just a life tip, but stop attempting to assume what the responses of others will be.

I watch very few West Coast games, but even a casual observer can see that West Coast blew up its list make-up trading the world for the likes of Tim Kelly. Also, Nic Nat is absolutely cooked. He offers elite ruck skills, but next to nothing else, and is at least ten kilograms too heavy. If he continues to play in this condition, he will simply destroy what's left of the ligaments in his knees.

Don’t watch our games but an expert on our list apparently :rolleyes:

The productive career line coming from a Freo supporter was the cherry on top!
Productive in the vein of Nathan Fyfe, Matthew Pavlich, Lachie Neale, Aaron Sandilands, Jeff Farmer, Michael Walters, Luke Ryan, Paul Hasleby, Paul Medhurst, David Mundy etc etc etc

Anyway, back to the thread topic.

I thought Freo's capitulation to St Kilda was a bit insipid originally, however St Kilda have gone on to play some very good footy since, so it doesn't look nearly as bad with the power of hindsight, ditto the 1pt win over Adelaide actually looks better in retrospect, considering some of their performances.

Bigger tests coming up for Freo, as they've played 3 straight at home but they'd be pretty chuffed to find themselves sitting third. Judgement should be reserved until they start taking on better teams, especially away from home, but they've started well, which is all you can ask for.

Could've, and really should've, been 4-0 but at least the one loss was a close one against a team in ripping form.

Which all points to Freo should beat Essendon on Sunday, I have no faith they will but that's Fremantle PTSD and it will be a big step towards finals if they do.

Productive in the vein of Nathan Fyfe, Matthew Pavlich, Lachie Neale, Aaron Sandilands, Jeff Farmer, Michael Walters, Luke Ryan, Paul Hasleby, Paul Medhurst, David Mundy etc etc etc
If a few of our young guys end up with a couple of hundred games under their belts and a Glendinning medal along the way they’d end up as productive as some of those names

Which all points to Freo should beat Essendon on Sunday, I have no faith they will but that's Fremantle PTSD and it will be a big step towards finals if they do.
Yeah, like you said, they 'should' beat them. I feel they will, as I'm not convinced Essendon are any good. If Freo do lose, as long as the game's close and the effort/intent is there then there's still heaps to work with.

Yeah, like you said, they 'should' beat them. I feel they will, as I'm not convinced Essendon are any good. If Freo do lose, as long as the game's close and the effort/intent is there then there's still heaps to work with.
so awesome Freo beat Essendon. Long overdue.

As I posted freos last win vs essendon in Victoria was round 2 of 2010. Only David Mundy has played in freos 2010 and 2022 teams of freo beating Essendon in docklands

I have been disappointed with them so far as I had them pegged as an improver and likely 5-8 team. However, two wins on the board so something to springboard from.

My issue when I watch them is game style and scoring power- they seem very risk averse and even against an anaemic WC team only scraped to 100 points with a big last quarter. Are they going to be able to keep up with higher scoring teams, or think they can lock them down enough to scrap out a win?

I know they’ve got a few key players out too. Be interested to hear Freo supporters’ view on game style and whether I’m way off on that opinion.
You mentioned freos forward line and their scoring ability.

I think Freo are a medium scoring side. A team that kicks between 11-14 goals on a good day.

Yes Freo kicked well vs West coast and Essendon.

West coast had half their best 23 squad stuffed with injuries and covid.

Essendon had guys like Anthony McDonald Tipunwingi, Stringer and Merrett out injured. Matt Taberner has a habit kicking bags of goals vs Essendon and kicked 7 goals.

Freo beat Geelong on the weekend. Kicking 10.9.69. should of been 11.8.74 or 12.7.79 instead.

All stats pointing to a prelim final in 2022 from here.
After that it’s about injures, momentum and luck.
Melbourne might be the best team but they still have to go out there and win the finals series. Just ask 2008 Geelong or 2011 Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's looking promising. Need to start to win more clearances is the next step, plus find an extra 1-2 goals. We don't really have an x-factor forward, with the forwards being more workman like, not that there is anything wrong with that. Taberner is a bit of a worry with his hamstrings this season, so need to keep an eye on his availability, and we don't have a ready replacement. Some forwards with promise and kicking goals against WAFL defenders, but none that could stand up to the likes of Steven May, Harris Andrews, etc.

Taberner can at least compete with them and bring the ball to ground.

If Fyfe can come back in and play mid-forward that might work also.

It's looking promising. Need to start to win more clearances is the next step, plus find an extra 1-2 goals. We don't really have an x-factor forward, with the forwards being more workman like, not that there is anything wrong with that. Taberner is a bit of a worry with his hamstrings this season, so need to keep an eye on his availability, and we don't have a ready replacement. Some forwards with promise and kicking goals against WAFL defenders, but none that could stand up to the likes of Steven May, Harris Andrews, etc.

Taberner can at least compete with them and bring the ball to ground.

If Fyfe can come back in and play mid-forward that might work also.

You have plenty xfactor forwards, both talls, midsize and small

Taberner is the crucial workman like forward, if he doesn't mark it, he works hard to ensure it's not an intercept

I still see him/his type, an important cog

So this thread hasn't been touched for a while....

Some how lost to the sun's in Queensland in wet conditions.

Lost to Collingwood again in Perth in rainy and wet conditions.

Some how not only beat the undefeated demons at the MCG but thumped them after half time.

Freo then barely beat the Brisbane 🦁 lions at home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back