Toast Fremantle's 2nd 2016 National Draft Pick: Sean Darcy [Pick #38]

rgauci

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
That boot. Just wow. 55m bang. The competitive nature too, shhhhhhh, shhhhh. Gonna take a few years, but he'll go beast mode.

I wasn't convinced early like others, the fact he fell for the same trick deep inside our defensive 50 twice (playing afl) and gave away free kicks with the hand over the shoulder. I wasn't sure he was learning from his mistakes, but the progression from the beginning of the year til now is impressive. Those contested marks in front of Litherland (former Hawks player) whom a lot of us wanted to trade for, were ludicrous. He treated him like an under 14s player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
none
For years to come the Freo faithful will be belting out HODOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the new stadium will be shaking from the ground up.
He's a ripper! What a pick up by the dockers. Will be top 10 pick looking back in a few years time.
Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wild side

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why wouldn't you play Darcy forward, and have Sandi as ruck.
Darcy needs to aerobically improve, but he can kick goals, something Sandi hasn't been able to do

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
In what has been another bleak year for us, there have been a few positives (Luke Ryan, the emergence of Blakely, Bennell finally getting on the park) but none more so than this kid. Watched Peel today and just love the way Sean goes about it. Will prove to be handy in the forward line also.
May not do his Rising Star prospects a lot of good, but spending a chunk of time forward with Sandilands rucking 50/50 would be great.

AFL Club
Fremantle
When you look at Hodor he's kind of Apeness MkII with a booming left boot. He's physical, can take a grab and he's a natural footballer. I'd love to see him and Sandi alternating out of the goal square next year. Let Tabs play higher up the ground.

Nightrain

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
May not do his Rising Star prospects a lot of good, but spending a chunk of time forward with Sandilands rucking 50/50 would be great.
Think bigger picture. Rising star will be a pittance to the credit and achievement thrust upon this bloke in the future. He hates getting beaten and this will drive him.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Only people to notice him this year are the MRP.
I wonder if the MRP just jump out of their seat with excitement when they go through the papers and read;

TEAM: FREMANTLE FOOTBALL CLUB

They probably just read the incident - don't even watch it or know the name of the player committing it.

Okinakashi

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Yeah but Wright averaged 5 hit outs a game
That 22 under 22 snub really p!&&ed me off.

Peter Wright played 22 games and had 5 hit outs per game - so either he doesn't play as a ruck or he's really, really bad at it.

Sean averaged 34 hitout a game FFS.

Which by the way is good enough for 10th best in the league - for a 19 year old - who has played 8 games.

I can't wait for Sean to destroy the opposition next year.

Go Hodor!

One_Wing

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
That 22 under 22 snub really p!&&ed me off.

Peter Wright played 22 games and had 5 hit outs per game - so either he doesn't play as a ruck or he's really, really bad at it.

Sean averaged 34 hitout a game FFS.

Which by the way is good enough for 10th best in the league - for a 19 year old - who has played 8 games.

I can't wait for Sean to destroy the opposition next year.

Go Hodor!
Yeah he is a forward not a ruck, the equivalent would be if there wasn't space for Daniher in the All Australian forward line so they put him in the ruck cause he does it occasionally.

Top Bottom