Toast Fremantle's 2nd 2016 National Draft Pick: Sean Darcy [Pick #38]

Remove this Banner Ad

I asked for perspective on being an inside midfielder at AFL level once and was told it's like being blindfolded, spun around in a hallway then told to sprint out as fast as you can. Bouncing around like bumpercars.

I expect being in the ruck is like being put in a bag and just swung into the walls first

Darcy is fine. He offers more then Lobb. You’re forgetting Mumford is an absolute rock to tuck against. Happy with the way Darcy is tracking. He’s learning every game.
Lobb on the other hand is next to useless as a ruck. Gets rag dolled at throw ins and his leap doesn’t do anything in centre bounces. He’s either not interested in rucking, or injured, because he’s been awful.

Darcy is fine. He offers more then Lobb. You’re forgetting Mumford is an absolute rock to tuck against. Happy with the way Darcy is tracking. He’s learning every game.
Lobb on the other hand is next to useless as a ruck. Gets rag dolled at throw ins and his leap doesn’t do anything in centre bounces. He’s either not interested in rucking, or injured, because he’s been awful.
Maybe 4 years ago, Mumford is a walk up easybeat nowadays

They’re both pea hearted and fold when the heats on

That's extremely harsh on Darcy. He always puts in a lion-hearted effort at stoppages around the ground.

His big weakness (other than his age and lack of physical development relative to most AFL rucks) is his lack of spring at centre bounces. That's why on a bad day he gets towelled up in there while still being competitive at around the ground stoppages.

He still needs to improve his fitness but I agree that he Got spanked in the centre. But to fair so did Lobb. Lobb seemed to jump early too often.

Anyway seems JL believes another more athletic ruck/forward is on his recruitment wish list. I wonder whether 2meter Peter Wright would fit the bill? A straight swap for Connor Blakely? Or do we go to the draft and pick the best one available with our second pick?

That's extremely harsh on Darcy. He always puts in a lion-hearted effort at stoppages around the ground.

His big weakness (other than his age and lack of physical development relative to most AFL rucks) is his lack of spring at centre bounces. That's why on a bad day he gets towelled up in there while still being competitive at around the ground stoppages.
Will he ever have a spring?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ya boy made the #22Under22 team as ruck and rightly so!

Brayshaw & Cerra on the bench too. Great result all round.

serong not making the team?

Yeah unlucky, especially given Taranto only played 11 games and Serong's output matches up very well. If they were really just looking at this season in isolation then neither Brayshaw or Cerra should be on the bench either. Get they want to spread the love a bit - they're never going to please everyone.

If Serong misses both b22under22 and the Rising Star then I will lead the revolt however.

As much as I hate to admit it, the unluckiest was Bolton, clearly should be in that team and ahead of Taranto.

Was pleasantly surprised Cerra made it- that game against Melbourne when the voting kind of just opened up probably squeezed him in there

As much as I hate to admit it, the unluckiest was Bolton, clearly should be in that team and ahead of Taranto.

Was pleasantly surprised Cerra made it- that game against Melbourne when the voting kind of just opened up probably squeezed him in there
Yeah Bolton deserved to be in it. Kind of shocked he isn't given the usual fawning over Richmond.

Brennan Cox's season is also incredibly underrated. I was a big fan of Noah Balta but Cox was very bit as good as him this season... He deserved to be in the mix imo.

god this is going to really annoy the richmond nuffies on the draft board
Yeah unlucky, especially given Taranto only played 11 games and Serong's output matches up very well. If they were really just looking at this season in isolation then neither Brayshaw or Cerra should be on the bench either. Get they want to spread the love a bit - they're never going to please everyone.

If Serong misses both b22under22 and the Rising Star then I will lead the revolt however.
yeah if he misses out on the rising star i'll be having a good night in the melt thread

yeah if he misses out on the rising star i'll be having a good night in the melt thread
If he's denied then I will break the 5km radius, go to AFL House and do my best Poo Jogger impression on their doorstep.

If he's denied then I will break the 5km radius, go to AFL House and do my best Poo Jogger impression on their doorstep.
the hero we need, not the hero we deserve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back