Toast Fremantle's 2nd 2016 National Draft Pick: Sean Darcy [Pick #38]

Remove this Banner Ad

I caught up with a couple of non-Freo friends for lunch today and they asked me in the gravest of tones what I thought of the Darcy deal, as if it was a foregone conclusion that it was a terrible mistake. They seemed really surprised when I told them how stoked I was.

The media have really created a bizarre narrative around this. I can't think of any other club where the news of a key player committing long-term would be treated as a negative.

The media literally only see Freo as a breeding ground for players to go to the clubs they actually like. In the eyes of SEN and the Herald Sun, players committing long term to Freo is bad for the league. They would love nothing more than for Young and Serong to request trades to Essendon and Carlton

If Freo performs badly next season or if he gets injured, watch the toxic reporting occur.

Hopefully water of a ducks back for him.
Lucky we have an A Grade ruck to step up.
It’s funny how Cornes is so negative when Port has lost every PF they have made in the last 10 years due to a lack of Ruck talent /depth.

The media literally only see Freo as a breeding ground for players to go to the clubs they actually like. In the eyes of SEN and the Herald Sun, players committing long term to Freo is bad for the league. They would love nothing more than for Young and Serong to request trades to Essendon and Carlton

The amount of times I hear "The league is better when <Insert team> is playing well/playing in finals" - usually it's Carlton/Essendon/Collingwood/West Coast. The rest of the league are irrelevant as far as they are concerned.

The amount of times I hear "The league is better when <Insert team> is playing well/playing in finals" - usually it's Carlton/Essendon/Collingwood/West Coast. The rest of the league are irrelevant as far as they are concerned.

I remember hearing McLaughlin say, around 2014/2015 that a Dogs and Tigers flag would be great for the league.

Funny how that works out. There's a lot of money on the sidelines of Melbourne clubs. A lot.

"The AFL needs a strong Carlton" - ** that, it's way funnier when they are perennially **.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back