Toast Fremantle's 2nd pick: Harley Balic

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Isn't that meant to say "suuuuuuubbbbannnnnnnn"?

Fright Night EaglesII.png

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
In light of the possibility Harley found the need to straighten out what was reported in that puff piece and the possibility of it being because it was brought to light by readers of this thread to him or his family - i've deleted my post, as brief and off the cuff as it was.

He probably needs to update his facebook too, among the pages he likes is "Missing every kick? Must be Hayden Ballantyne."

leeloo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Delusional
AFL Club
Fremantle
In light of the possibility Harley found the need to straighten out what was reported in that puff piece and the possibility of it being because it was brought to light by readers of this thread to him or his family - i've deleted my post, as brief and off the cuff as it was.

Probably has more to do with the fact it is a large story on the Herald Sun AFL web page, and by large I mean there is a big photo of Harley with the headline "Mothers Boy Ready to Make Move".

But yeah, I get your point about deleting posts, it is now getting wider attention.

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
You said that he reacted like he inherited a paddock full of Paterson's curse. Pretty similar metaphor to throwing all his toys out of the cot.

His initial reaction was relief. Because he thought he was going to get picked in the top 20s and the waiting was unbearable. Then he had a few moment's shock at moving to Perth when in his mind, that wasn't on the cards (first 20 picks).
Maybe you should read the article again.

So I reread the article and ignored the bit between the lines.
And I may have over dramatised it a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

walken79

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
L.A. Rams
Pretty sure most parents aren't keen to see their sons move to the other side of the country at 18. Was pavs family's worst nightmare

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
There's a Grand Canyon of difference between a parent not being 'keen' & offering 70K to break a contract!

This truly is one of the more bizarre draft stories I've ever heard. Poor lad is better off on the other side of the country, free from the shackles of spending every Saturday night at home playing charades with his family while his Mum brushes his hair.

Yikes.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's a Grand Canyon of difference between a parent not being 'keen' & offering 70K to break a contract!

This truly is one of the more bizarre draft stories I've ever heard. Poor lad is better off on the other side of the country, free from the shackles of spending every Saturday night at home playing charades with his family while his Mum brushes his hair.

Yikes.

Sigh. If a story sounds too bizarre to be true, it probably is too bizarre to be true.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

Yikes.
Seriously WTF! He's already said his Dad's comment was taken out of context and I don't think it's an outrageous response for a mother to be upset that her son is moving to the otherside of the country.

What more do you want?

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
What is the story with his wrist injury, is that resolved or will he be out for three months from having surgery next week?

I think he has had the surgery.
From Going Places:
"He met with renowned surgeon Greg Hoy, who noted there were already signs of arthritis in the joint potentially developing down the track, so Balic required surgery as soon as possible. In early August, he had the operation done at Epworth Hospital and stayed overnight to recover."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-17/going-places-nothing-will-be-the-same-again

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nope , Life is stranger than fiction. How many times have you heard "You couldn't make that s**t up!"

But wouldn't it be nice if people didn't believe everything they read without considering who was writing it?
Or give themselves a filter so that they don't overreact and write stuff that with a bit of consideration, they probably wouldn't?

Back