Welcome Brennan Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with this. His set shot on the weekend was pretty ordinary. Funny looking ball drop?

At least it is one thing that can improve. I mean if Casboult can get it through 50% of the time or better there is hope for everyone that is not Butcher.
The goal he kicked in the North game after the pack mark was dodgy too. Tried to poke it through IIRC, got the goal though.

Kram I don't think it's speed, I keep saying he needs more urgency. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Good find with great hands but is it just me or does he seem pretty slow moving out there at times?

I agree but he certainly wasn't this time last year. Maybe he's had a bit of a growth spurt? He looks to move more like a 205cm player than a 195cm player to the eye.

I thought he looked a bit quick and found these figures somewhere:

Combine test results: Repeat Sprint (secs) – 26.71. 20m Sprint (secs) – 3.05. Agility (secs) – 8.66. Beep Test (level) – 13.5. 3km Time Trial (min:secs) – 10:56.

Good find with great hands but is it just me or does he seem pretty slow moving out there at times?

Draft Central picked it up last year:

#46 Brennan Cox
Key Position Defender/Forward (Woodville-West Torrens/South Australia)
13/08/1998 | 192.6cm | 91.6kg

All Australian Brennan Cox has had a strong season playing virtually in every position. Cox held down the fort for South Australia at full back in the National Under 18 Championships and often floated between forward and back, with some stints in the ruck for Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL. He played both Reserves and Under 18s football in South Australia, where he showed off his good leap and marking up forward and his intercept marking and one-on-one work in defence. Despite his early season testing results, he at times can appear slow moving around the ground. Is one of the handful of best defenders in the draft pool.

He's played what 4 games? I'd wait until he's played a lot more than that so he can adjust to the speed of the game at the top level before we start calling him slow/laconic.

The run down against the Saints was a prime example of a player thinking they had more time then they did because they would have at any other level.

His hands are a thing if beauty, only going to get better.
I bet all suggestions of including him in a trade for Mcgovern have probably stopped now, why would we want to get rid of this gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking for goal is odd. His kicking will only be as good as his run up for goal. Hard to explain but...if hes straight in front he wont miss as he uses the straight momentum for his run up to goal. Problem is his run up to goal is too fast. If the shot is on an angle or he mucks up his run up he'll spray it everytime.

Probably doesn't make sense ..to simplify what Im saying is his run up to goal is too fast. Simplify it..slow down and have a shorter run up. Kick through it

Has a great feel for the game and just knows things that can't be coached. Remember he's a tall so we won't see his best for a while yet, he will get stronger, faster and with more endurance.

I'm sure he's working on his kicking for goal- I agree it has been weird. He has all the tools there, just needs to polish up that final set shot. I keep forgetting that he's only 18!

His kicking for goal is odd. His kicking will only be as good as his run up for goal. Hard to explain but...if hes straight in front he wont miss as he uses the straight momentum for his run up to goal. Problem is his run up to goal is too fast. If the shot is on an angle or he mucks up his run up he'll spray it everytime.

Probably doesn't make sense ..to simplify what Im saying is his run up to goal is too fast. Simplify it..slow down and have a shorter run up. Kick through it
Soooo he should do the opposite of Ben Brown who's kicking at 59% this year.

All players have their quirk to their set shot routine. He probably just needs a little bit of confidence that will come with experience.

Remember kennedys stutter. If he was spraying them, everyone would have jumped down his throat. The fact he nailed most of them meant it was a non-issue.

I'm sure he's working on his kicking for goal- I agree it has been weird. He has all the tools there, just needs to polish up that final set shot. I keep forgetting that he's only 18!

Absolutely! plenty of time.
Soooo he should do the opposite of Ben Brown who's kicking at 59% this year.

All players have their quirk to their set shot routine. He probably just needs a little bit of confidence that will come with experience.

Remember kennedys stutter. If he was spraying them, everyone would have jumped down his throat. The fact he nailed most of them meant it was a non-issue.

With all due respect..Ben browns is a long jog, he doesn't stab at it, has a nice follow through. Cox runs in too fast with a quick stab. If his run up is out or not straight he'll miss most Times. mundy and kerstens routine would be the best at the club. They put more emphasis on the ball drop,shorter run ups and follow through. J riewoldt has the best in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back