Toast Fremantle's 3rd 2018 National Draft Pick: Lachlan Schultz [Pick #57]

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the team! Mature ager from Williamstown: could get a gig fairly early on. Good to see that we've rebuilt our Lachie stocks!

DockerTV Highlights: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2018-11-23/pick-37-lachlan-shultz

DOB: 30-11-1997 (20)
POSITION: Midfielder/forward
HEIGHT: 180cm
WEIGHT: 80kg
DRAFTED FROM: Williamstown (Victoria)

Lachlan Schultz grew up in Echuca/Moama in Northern Victoria and played his TAC Cup football at the Bendigo Pioneers.

He now lives in Melbourne where he has played the past three years in the VFL for Williamstown.

Schultz is a forward who has the versatility to go through the midfield.

In 2017 as a 19-year-old, Schultz kicked 31 goals from 17 games and was named Williamstown's most promising player.

After overcoming an ankle injury, Schultz had a terrific back end to 2018 where his competitiveness, contested marking ability and goal sense stood out.

In the second half of the 2018 season, for general forwards in the VFL, Schultz ranked second for ranking points (94.8), first for disposals (16.9), second for contested possessions (8), first for loose ball gets (4.4), first for clearances (2.8), third for marks (5) and fifth for score involvements (6).

He's courageous, tough and has the ability to win his own ball.

Dsp7hUEVsAAu6np.jpg:large

High flying Lachlan Schultz has done his draft chances no harm with a terrific 2018 season.

The 20-year-old played a career high 20 games this season and continues to get better and better.

Spent a bit more time in the midfield this season and did not look out of place doing so.

A stunning display against Richmond in this year’s Qualifying Final showed everyone his endless potential. Schultz kicked three goals in a match winning performance under the bright lights of Saturday night football.

Schultz loved playing against Richmond this year as he kicked four goals in a big win in Round 19 over the Tigers and 3 goals in the round 10 clash against them.

He was named in the bests on 10 occasions, including against Port Melbourne and Footscray as he was instrumental in fourth quarter wins.

Last edited:
It was a fine first year of VFL football for 18-year old Lachlan Schultz in 2016.

The 177cm on-baller/forward joined the club from the Bendigo Pioneers by way of Moama and never looked out of place at senior or development level.

With six other ex-Bendigo Pioneers on the list, the transition to city life was made easier for Schultz, who made an immediate impact in the pre-season.

He went on to play five senior games for the season, which included the qualifying and preliminary finals against Collingwood and Casey Scorpions.

Schultz showed he was adept at playing wet weather football, as shown by his 13 disposals, six marks and two goals against eventual premiers Footscray at VU Whitten Oval in Round 9.

At Development level, Schultz shone even brighter, being named in the team's best in eight out of 13 occasions and showing that he has a clear future at VFL level.

Having signed a two-year extension earlier this season, Seagulls fans will get to know Schultz a lot more in the near future.

With another big pre-season under his belt, there is no reason why he can't take his game to another level again in 2017.

pretty impressive highlights reel. Seems to have a bit of pace and goal kicking ability and could be a potential replacement for ballas in the forward line

Check out the highlights on Freo's page for him - his opening spin and outlet pass is a thing of beauty!

The guy can really play - very Ballaz like at times, very nimble and a good goal sense. Finds the outlet handball and can take a speckie or two.

Very happy with this one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the highlights on the club website, know nothing about this kid.
A solid left field pick up, has the potential to play this year.

Lachlan SCHULTZ (Williamstown VFL)

Totals
  • 20 games
  • 24 goals
  • 19 behinds
  • 10 times in best players list

Averages
  • 9.6 kicks
  • 5.3 handballs
  • 14.8 disposals
  • 4.0 marks
  • 3.4 tackles
  • 2.1 clearances
  • 0.8 frees for
  • 1.7 frees against
  • 3.3 inside 50s
  • 0.8 rebound 50s
  • 68.75 DT points

Totals
  • 17 games
  • 31 goals
  • 16 behinds
  • 8 times in best players list

Averages
  • 10.1 kicks
  • 5.0 handballs
  • 15.1 disposals
  • 4.4 marks
  • 3.5 tackles
  • 1.2 clearances
  • 1.4 frees for
  • 1.1 frees against
  • 3.2 inside 50s
  • 0.7 rebound 50s
  • 77.71 DT points

From the Freo website

“It’s an absolute dream come true, to go to such a great club that I have respected for so long and to be part of it…I can’t wait to get started. I’m full of emotions,” Schultz said.

“I couldn’t be happier, Perth is such an amazing place and I’m keen to get away and start a new lifestyle over there with new mates. I’m ready for the start of it all.”

Love the sound of him

Looks like he can play from his highlights. I wonder if Peter Bell saw a little bit of Peter Bell in him. Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back