Toast Fremantle's 4th 2018 National Draft Pick: Brett Bewley [Pick #59]

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liked his game. I can’t get over that bullet pass up the wing. For a first gamer to do that with confidence in such a high pressure situation- just elite.

Needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. If he managed to get up to 22 disposals a game it would make a huge difference to the side.

How fast is he? I might be getting him confused with someone else but I saw someone chase a smaller Lions players that I thought was him and I was surprised by how quick they were.
I think if he had pace he'd have 100+ game already.

I think he chased down Zorko when Zorko literally fell over first. Pace isnt quite his thing unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of seriously good kicks Sonson would have been proud of. That inside 50 to Tucker who didnt even move was amazing for a 1st gamer.

He will be Ryan 2.0 playing on a wing.

Perfect world midfield:
Outside : Hill, Hill, Bewley, Bennell.
Inside: Fyfe, Mundy, Blakely, Tucker

HF/HB rotation
Sonson, Langdon, Cerra, Brayshaw,

Obviously he's nowhere near the same level, but watching his game on the weekend, he reminds me a touch of Steele Sidebottom. He's not blessed with searing pace or any other notable physical attributes, but he's silky and possesses a pretty lethal kick. Potentially the kind of player you're always looking to give the ball to.

It'd be unfair to expect him to reach those kind of heights, but definitely has the potential to be a good player for us going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back