Analysis Fremantle's assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm no expert on mechanics but i've always viewed his kicking as solid. Even his field kicking was quite good, most especially for a ruckman.
Great concentration and was a solid goal scorer for a ruck.

Had to be serious if you wanted to mess with Guerra when he was a virtual nude nut.
Had a very healthy nasty streak;worse than Hodge from memory.

Well I'm not part of the in-crowd, so I can't possibly speak for Lyon but I can remember how the poor the slime's forward structure functioned when Sumich as their forward coach and currently, ours doesn't look very much better now he's our forward coach.

Maybe he does other things to keep his job, who knows but I'm still of the view that we need a better forward coach. Feel free to disagree.

I'm not a Suma lover but he was the Midfield coach at the Eagles

I'm not a Suma lover but he was the Midfield coach at the Eagles

He started there. Coached Benny, The eye-gouger and Firestarter but I think he ended up as the forward coach in the last few years of his time there. I remember the slime were best know for kicking scores like 8.47 haha

Cost them a few games as well

Well I'm not part of the in-crowd, so I can't possibly speak for Lyon but I can remember how the poor the slime's forward structure functioned when Sumich as their forward coach and currently, ours doesn't look very much better now he's our forward coach.

Maybe he does other things to keep his job, who knows but I'm still of the view that we need a better forward coach. Feel free to disagree.
He started there. Coached Benny, The eye-gouger and Firestarter but I think he ended up as the forward coach in the last few years of his time there. I remember the slime were best know for kicking scores like 8.47 haha

Cost them a few games as well
They probably didnt have any left-footers in the midfield and forwards groups.

Really glad that we are getting some former hawks. Hale and Guerra were both good at getting the best out of their talents and come from a winning culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great concentration and was a solid goal scorer for a ruck.

Had to be serious if you wanted to mess with Guerra when he was a virtual nude nut.
Had a very healthy nasty streak;worse than Hodge from memory.

You mean he was a dirty sniping ****?
Yeah, nothing wrong with your memory.

Yeah, he had a bit of that no doubt, and he did a few dumb things. At least he didn't hide behind "the great bloke" narrative though. He was pretty up front about it on the field and never came out with these hollow empty 'apology' speeches and the like.

... at least that's my memory.

EDIT: On his 'hardness'/snipping see from 16min or so in the vid posted below.

Last edited:
The nasty,bald,highly skilled,backline playmaker was unapologetic.
Killer kick and knew where to put it.Smack your whole team around from half back.
Noooiccce!!
Our coach.
Top Bloke.

Nah, he's a nasty thug who epitomises all that was wrong with the game of yesteryear and is one of the primary reasons why we have this lovely, politically correct game of keeping offs that we do today.

I'm just off to powder my nose.

Do we know the roles taken up by the new coaches?
I'm guessing:
Rock to take over Simon Lloyd's role as senior Development coach.
Hale to take over as Ruck coach - with Eastaugh taking up another role, or leaving (which we haven't heard, so unlikely OR Hale to take over as Forward coach, with Sumich moving into the midfield, where he has coached before OR Hale taking the clearance coaching role from Kirky.
Guerra to take on a midfield role, or an extra role (have you seen the length of Hawthorn's coaching list?) that we didn't have before, perhaps more strategic.

In other words, I don't really know.

Brad Lloyd is coming up right now on 6pr. Maybe he'll say something about this, and not just cop a grilling from the commentators.

Do we know the roles taken up by the new coaches?
I'm guessing:
Rock to take over Simon Lloyd's role as senior Development coach.
Hale to take over as Ruck coach - with Eastaugh taking up another role, or leaving (which we haven't heard, so unlikely OR Hale to take over as Forward coach, with Sumich moving into the midfield, where he has coached before OR Hale taking the clearance coaching role from Kirky.
Guerra to take on a midfield role, or an extra role (have you seen the length of Hawthorn's coaching list?) that we didn't have before, perhaps more strategic.

In other words, I don't really know.

Brad Lloyd is coming up right now on 6pr. Maybe he'll say something about this, and not just cop a grilling from the commentators.

If you could link interview or anyone else I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back