Grand Slam French Open 2020

Who is winning the FO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So, if Halep wins the French open, she becomes the new number 1 in the world.

Kinda of dislike the current ranking system, where nothing gets taken off. I know why they had to do it, but it just doesn't seem right.

I prefer it, should be this way all the time rather than just this year. This whole defending points is silly.

Actually I think a ranking system over a 2 year period would probably be better, not like this where you just take the best result, but adding overall combined totals.

Not the worst idea. Don’t like having to defend the year after.

havent had a big look at the draw. Think Novak should be fav now though. Nadal iffy due to lack of preparation and, this is from people smarter than me, they are saying he wont like the slower conditions of the new balls and cooler weather.

as for the girls, I know Schmieds has Venus Williams first up, then Azarenka. I haven't looked further than that. Schmieds won the last game v Venus. It can happen again.

Is serena playing?
yes. Kristina Ahn first up. *checks draw finally* I read an article on nine i think it was saying it was her best chance to equal courts record. yeah, nah. Halep is probably the hottest fav in a women's draw for 3-4 years. The only person I think can beat her would-be Muguruza. Serena is in Azarenka's 8th, Svitolina quarter and Haleps half.

Halep has Anisimova and Vondrousova in her quarter. Both of those made the semis last year. That is not easy

RG R1s to watch
Bautista-Gasquet
Medvedev-Fucsovics
Shapovalov-Simon
Monfils-Bublik
Wawrinka-Murray (!!)
Cilic-Thiem (!)
Sinner-Goffin
Evans-Nishikori
Swiatek-Vondrousova
Konta-Gauff
Kuznetsova-Pavs
Kontaveit-Garcia
Petkovic-Pironkova
Sabalenka-Pegula
Riske-Goerges
Venus v Schmieds

From Jose(mostly) from twitter

I will add Aussies
Johnny v PCB
Popyrin v Harris
Jordo v Albot(another good draw I think. the seed is Fritz and then Gael, who is off atm(
Ducky v Paul
Alex the demon v Q
Aija v Sakkari
Inglis v Alexandrova

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah BobbyMorri, you're right about Thompson, that actually is another great draw he could sneak through. He is the king of that, got through to the 3rd round here by beating ivo Karlovic 16-14 in the 5th a couple of years ago.

Shame about Millman... Ducky has a winnable one there too and Popryin's form is questionable so not sure about his. De Minaur will always tried his hardest but clay just doesn't suit him.

Another Aussie qualified too in Alex Vukic, i don't think he has played an Aussie open so i think first slam for him

Polmans and Sharma got in as lucky losers as well.

Verdasco got booted after looking like he had a false positive. This tournament might get messy

What happened with Verdasco? He isn't allowed to compete at the French Open

He has been tested regularly and always negative up to now. The he gets a positive. Since he's well and tested negative last week he requested another test, French Open computer says no. He is outski.

The PCR test is a joke.

Yeah. this is messy already. The situation in Europe seems to be getting worst than New York was.

Another issue is the ball. Nadal has had a giant sook about how slow they are. I wish the ball makers would make a tennis ball with some speed in it. Sticky tape on one side would work. There could be some long long matches.

Back