Grand Slam French Open 2021 - May 24 to June 13

Who will win the French Open (Mens/Women)

• Barty

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Muguruza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sabalenka

• Swiatek

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Other(Women)

• Nadal

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Djokovic

• Tsitsipas

• Thiem

• Other(Men)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The next bad boy (who’s actually good lol). I’ve got time for that role, he’ll eventually figure it out. Needs to improve FH.

And his serve. For a so called big serve it goes to pieces time and time again

Thiem played at such a pitch there for a year when previously his runs were a bit more select. Just a down year hopefully. Seemed to get off on the wrong foot without Massu at AO

Yep. I think Rublev has the most potential.

Shapovalov may also have potential.

Yeah I’ll give you Shapalov although I’m not convinced he can do it over 5 sets. Seems to play 3 sets well and that’s an issue in grand slams

Yep. I think Rublev has the most potential.

Shapovalov may also have potential.
Musetti looks like a freak on clay. Alcaraz too, for a 17 y/o, there are some top class youngsters on their way up. I like Sinner but he’s a bit too lifeless, I like personalities, passion, he’s a bit meh. Great game though.

I can’t stop watching and soaking this up; tomorrow I might watch I spent less time soaking it up lol.

Yeah I’ll watch the last 3 sets the first two were painful

Novak is just unreal, slam no 19 and you wouldn't bet against him at Wimbledon either, although it remains to be seen how much energy the French has taken out of him.

Tsitsipas's time will come, only 22 and I think he's the most talented and best out of the younger generation.

I watched the first 3 sets then went to bed so maybe the standard improved after that but it didn’t seem like a match that reached great heights at that point. Tsitsipas plays some nice tennis but I find his game is a bit limited. Djokovic hasn’t played as well as he can in this tournament but it was still good enough to win it. Anyway congrats to them for making the final and well done to Djokovic.

I lasted up to the beginning of the 4th set. Then I might have closed my eyes for a min and the next thing I know it was the 5th set. ONce Novak got the break, I decided to let fate have me.

shame for Stefo. Can't have been easy to play in emotional pain already. The guy played so well for 2 sets but we said it at the time, the turning point was that massive game in the 3rd. Soon, someone other than a big 3 player will beat a big 3 player in a grand slam final. We had three attempts that have gone the distance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Novak, soon he overtake Federer and Nadal's grand slam record

:(

Must have been difficult for him, and to think some in here where having a go for him crying at the end of the match....

Tsitisipas lost no admirers last night, he is close no doubt just a matter of getting over Djokovic and Medvedev on a hard court (easier said than done) But he has taken massive steps these 2 weeks and will win slams in the future.

Bravo Stef and well done to Novak, just went to another level.

With Rublev he is one of my favs but to go to the next level he needs another aspect to his game like a transistion fame and move up to the net more. I want Medev to win a slam out of the next gen. Give Sinner a chance to show his personality he is only young and probably is more interested in remaining calm and focus in matches.

With Thiem I don't think it is a factor of him not caring because that is too easy. I agree not having Masur at the start of the season has thrown him.

Wimbledon thread open now:

Back