Grand Slam French Open 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be shocked if he doesn't win.

He has most beaten at the French before they step on the court.

The final in all likelihood was the QF let’s be real it’s a joke they were on the same side. Wish the French used discretionary seeding like Wimbledon do

Obviously knows stuff all about tennis to protest on this match if you are after publicity.

After the Australian Open as well the organisers should be doing better with security.

Hard to stop someone running out on a football / cricket field if they really want to do it but a tennis court is significantly smaller area to cover and RLA in particular, with the raised seating, makes it obvious if someone is trying to jump the fence.

I will be shocked if he doesn't win.

He has most beaten at the French before they step on the court.
Especially Ruud who's a massive fanboy and trains at his academy. His game is basically a weaker, right-handed version of Nadal also, although his serve can be surprisingly strong when his rhythm is there. Anyway I hope Ruud wins because I like him, and for the oceans of salt that would pour forth from Kyrgios over the next year or so.

I would say sad for Zverev but * him

I am all for the new blood. Go Ruud. I am also here for the salt from Nick.

as for the Rafa "hate". That is not new. We just hate how 2 certain players play time as a tactic and keep getting away with it. Similar criticism to toilet time outs and the like. In saying that, the tennis authorities were as much to blame for last night as anyone else. It was a good match but 3 hours to do 2 sets of tennis. 8 breaks of serve in the 2nd set. Silly long and just a brutal match.

As Hewitt once said, "Fix the courts". But replace "court" with balls. There should be no reason for such extreme fluffing up of the balls.

as for the Rafa "hate". That is not new. We just hate how 2 certain players play time as a tactic and keep getting away with it. Similar criticism to toilet time outs and the like. In saying that, the tennis authorities were as much to blame for last night as anyone else. It was a good match but 3 hours to do 2 sets of tennis. 8 breaks of serve in the 2nd set. Silly long and just a brutal match.

As Hewitt once said, "Fix the courts". But replace "court" with balls. There should be no reason for such extreme fluffing up of the balls.
I blame the officials for allowing Nadal to go over the time limit, they barely penalise him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know whether Trevisan is a grunter in the sack, but if it is anything like the tennis court she must disturb quite a few neighbours. You could just about have a cup of coffee and a dart by the time the grunt starts until the end of it. Be nice to have a womens finals between two players who make very little sound when beating the crap out of the ball. Just no need for it.

Last edited:
Thoughts on tonight.

I am sure you can make a case for Gauff unlike some previous opponents for Swiatek. But Swiatek is on a 34 match winning run. Tough to go against that with any kind of confidence. I don't think Gauff will be overcome by nerves but I suspect Swiatek will still win in 3 good sets.

The women have been a mile worse.

Start losing take a Yastremska MTO.

It’s getting to a stage where there has to be penalties

Thoughts on tonight.

I am sure you can make a case for Gauff unlike some previous opponents for Swiatek. But Swiatek is on a 34 match winning run. Tough to go against that with any kind of confidence. I don't think Gauff will be overcome by nerves but I suspect Swiatek will still win in 3 good sets.

Won’t win a set but I’ll go 6-2, 6-4

Thoughts on tonight.

I think it's the best possible situation for Gauff for her first slam final with absolute no expectations.

I'm still expecting Iga to win easily but if Coco starts well who knows

Had my prediction for tonight on previous page.

On Zverev, very sad to see him go out in that way. I hope Ruud can beat Nadal in the final just to see all the tears of the Nadal fans

Had my prediction for tonight on previous page.

On Zverev, very sad to see him go out in that way. I hope Ruud can beat Nadal in the final just to see all the tears of the Nadal fans

I’m happy whoever wins now. Least it’s not Cilic or some other servebot

I hope Ruud can beat Nadal in the final just to see all the tears of the Nadal fans

craigferguson-how-dare-you.gif

As much as everyone (deservedly) shits on the WTA for the ridiculous inconsistency of its top players, they've got a good final between a dominant #1 and probably the biggest rising star in the game. Supporting Swiatek but happy either way.

I’m going Rafa in straights. Looking forward to both finals though. Think the women’s match could be close but Coco will have to play well. Iga will win though imo.

4 sets. Think Ruud takes a set.

Iga in straights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back