Grand Slam French Open 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the unbreakable records in tennis 14 titles at the one Slam is well and truly the most unbreakable record in tennis

Incredible
Yeah what more can you say that hasn’t already been said? He just absolutely owns that arena.

Wimbledon and US Open

Then retire

Actually feel he may play Wimbledon and retire then. I feel he’ll take a nice break after Wimbledon then he’ll see. He played this tournament like it was his last Roland Garros.

Probably hang around until Novak does. Federer will retire this year. Nadal still has a lot in him. 25 perhaps a target

Body won’t allow him. Realistically he isn’t winning Wimbledon, no chance with Novak there. The US who knows but you’d favour a few of the bigger hitters. If he thinks he can get to the next French that might be the one.

So who is the goat now by most peoples opinion?

Either Nadal or Novak and I really am not comparing the two. Genuinely believe they end up the same on the Slams maybe a Novak has 1 more. He has 2 Wimbledons at least in him and probably 1-2 AO. It’s those two and a small gap then Fed. Laver is tougher to put in as he has a lot less Slams but he obviously has the two calendar slams.

Either Nadal or Novak and I really am not comparing the two. Genuinely believe they end up the same on the Slams maybe a Novak has 1 more. He has 2 Wimbledons at least in him and probably 1-2 AO. It’s those two and a small gap then Fed. Laver is tougher to put in as he has a lot less Slams but he obviously has the two calendar slams.
Wimbledon is really the only slam Novak can reliably win at the moment with being locked out of the AO and USO due to his vaccination stance. I can't see Australia relaxing vax requirements this year, looking at 2024 AO at the earliest. Likewise the US still has vaccination requirements and the tournament begins in less than 3 months. So by the time he can play these tournaments again he will be much older, and the younger gen like Medvedev will only be getting better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont like Rafa, but cant argue hes the GOAT, better then federer and better then Novak. Rafa wont be dethroned probably in the next 100 years with his records

Wimbledon is really the only slam Novak can reliably win at the moment with being locked out of the AO and USO due to his vaccination stance. I can't see Australia relaxing vax requirements this year, looking at 2024 AO at the earliest. Likewise the US still has vaccination requirements and the tournament begins in less than 3 months. So by the time he can play these tournaments again he will be much older, and the younger gen like Medvedev will only be getting better.

I’d be shocked if the US have those rules still. It’s the US and didn’t they relax them for the NBA anyway (I know Kyrie was playing in the finals there).

I’d be shocked if the US have those rules still. It’s the US and didn’t they relax them for the NBA anyway (I know Kyrie was playing in the finals there).
Kyrie is a US citizen though, the problem isn't vax requirements to play professional sport but rather actually getting into the country. It's the reason why Djokovic didn't play Miami or Indian Wells earlier this year.

I'll guess we'll see though, a lot can change in 3 months.

Kyrie is a US citizen though, the problem isn't vax requirements to play professional sport but rather actually getting into the country. It's the reason why Djokovic didn't play Miami or Indian Wells earlier this year.

I'll guess we'll see though, a lot can change in 3 months.

Honestly it’s not something I’ve been following much. Quicker we get rid of these requirements the better.

Kyrie could only play away games?? I thought the NY government also had vax requirements or did they cease that earlier this year.

regardless, Nadal is not lasting much longer. he has hinted a lot this year. i reckon Federer will retire at Basel later this year.

The age of Alcaraz will begin next year. With Sinner, Medvedev and Novak being his main comp.

Kyrie could only play away games?? I thought the NY government also had vax requirements or did they cease that earlier this year.

regardless, Nadal is not lasting much longer. he has hinted a lot this year. i reckon Federer will retire at Basel later this year.

The age of Alcaraz will begin next year. With Sinner, Medvedev and Novak being his main comp.

Pretty sure he was playing in the home finals. So I assume the rules have changed there who honestly knows though.

Rafa winning 14 French Open titles is remarkable.

What is also remarkable is that these 14 wins have come from 14 Finals appearances - Rafa has never lost a French Open Final.

Rafa winning 14 French Open titles is remarkable.

What is also remarkable is that these 14 wins have come from 14 Finals appearances - Rafa has never lost a French Open Final.
What I find even more remarkable is that he's still played more French Open finals against Roger than Novak, given he and Novak have been by far the best 2 clay court players for the last 11 years at least.

What I find even more remarkable is that he's still played more French Open finals against Roger than Novak, given he and Novak have been by far the best 2 clay court players for the last 11 years at least.
Nadal v Federer H2H at RG, 6 matches, Nadal leads 6-0

Nadal v Djokovic H2H at RG, 10 matches, Nadal leads 8-2

Nadal and Djokovic have met more times at RG, but just based on the draw they have only met 3 times in the final.

For mine, the fact that Djokovic has managed to beat Rafa at RG twice, something that Roger has never been able to do makes him the 2nd best clay court player of all time.

If not for Nadal, I think Federer would probably have about 5 RG in his peak from 2005-2009, while Novak would have won most RG from 2011-now.

Actually feel he may play Wimbledon and retire then. I feel he’ll take a nice break after Wimbledon then he’ll see. He played this tournament like it was his last Roland Garros.

Surely there is no chance he plays Wimbledon.

I think he will need to play on next year if he wants a shot at remaining at #1 in slams won. I don't think 22 will be enough.

Cilic is probably the main challenger for Novak at Wimbledon :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back