Grand Slam French open 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
The draw has been made and the main draw starts on Sunday. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling, feel free to add previews.

1/4 final prediction based off seeding
(1) Swiatek vs Vondrousova (5)
(2) Sabalenka vs Sakkari (6)
(3) Gauff vs Jabeur (8)
(4) Rybakina vs Zheng (7)

(1) Djokovic vs Ruud (7)
(4) Medvedev vs Zverev (5)
(3) Alcaraz vs Rublev (6)
(2) Sinner vs Hurkacz (8)

ive seen 0 tennis since the Australian Summer but just looking at the scores, Novak is cooked, will be great seeing a 1st time slam winner this year, could throw a blanket over about 10 different players and any one of them could win it

I really havent been able to follow much tennis this year so far.

Sinner is a real chance to be the world number 1 by the end of this fortnight.
Looking at the current points after Geneva and it's very realistic

Djokovic is top on 9960 and defending Champions points (2000)
Sinner is on 8770 and defending 2nd Round points (45)

If both make the Final then Sinner would become World No.1 regardless of the outcome, given the Men's Singles Runner-up now gets 1300 points

If Djokovic is runner-up and Sinner goes out in the Semis then Sinner is No.1, given Semis for the Men's Singles are now worth 800 points instead of 720

If Djokovic goes out in the Quarters or earlier then Sinner will be guaranteed No.1 even if he goes out early

Of course this is Djokovic, so even with his drop in form he'll probably sprout wings and win another Major

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thing they stuck a roof on Lenglen

I don't know how they did it but they managed to keep the atmosphere and feel of Langlen with it.

Only got the 9gem coverage this year , this is total ass that they are showing nothing but Aussies . The Dasha match is a total snoozefest, theres been about 10 breaks of serves in a row

Wish i had money to sign up for streaming services. Also the weather looks very average for the entire 1st week, hopefully we dont get a full day behind in the schedule

Now the covers are on and play has been suspended. I was hoping to be able to afford a tennis streaming service but not going to happen. Tomanjovic played ok it went three sets, she has been out with injuries so it will take her some time to get match fit. Hopefully by Wimbledon she will be playing better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back