French Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Well who could forget me picking the winner last year (Gaudio) and winning $500? I'm back and this time I am going for Coria. I think he is hurting enough from last year and will be out to make up for it. Get on him.
Might take a very small bet on Luczak to win it. Has really focussed on his clay court game and will be long odds. Might be better off just betting on him in his single matches instead of to win the tournament.

I have just put $50 on Coria at $4.50 and $5 on Luczak at $1000!!!!

Anyway, I also believe there are some great match options and all happen to be on tomorrow night our time.

Haas over Mayer at $1.30
Luczak over Robredo at $6 - don't put much on though
Nieminen over Agassi at $4.40
Dupuis over Vliegen at $2.15
Acasuso over Mirnyi at $1.60

We'll see how I go.

We've lost one of our ladies. Sophie Ferguson loses a 3 setter to an Argentine who is about 200 places above her in the rankings 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 in 2 and a half hours.

Defending Women's champion Anastasia Myskina is also gooooooonnnneeee.

stmookeyj said:
Defending Women's champion Anastasia Myskina is also gooooooonnnneeee.

Bummer. Myskina was one of my picks for the women's. The other is Ana Ivanovic, who is so so sooooo hot she makes Shaparova look like Vanstone. :D

eastaugh36 said:
I have just put $50 on Coria at $4.50 and $5 on Luczak at $1000!!!!

Anyway, I also believe there are some great match options and all happen to be on tomorrow night our time.

Haas over Mayer at $1.30
Luczak over Robredo at $6 - don't put much on though
Nieminen over Agassi at $4.40
Dupuis over Vliegen at $2.15
Acasuso over Mirnyi at $1.60

We'll see how I go.

Wow! 3 of those predictions came good. Including the $4.40 odds on Nieminen. I didn't get on though! Even Luczak took a set at $6! Will be back with more soon.

The fact that the French Open has been on for a week has completely passed me by.

There's been next to no press coverage. I guess because there's no significant Australians in the draw. What's the story with Hewitt?

Looking at the final 16, I see last year's Argentinian flavour has been repeated again this year. There's five of them. Well now four given that Nalbandian has bitten the dust in the first fourth round match. Also the usual Spanish flavour with four of them as well.

Clijsters has really dropped off in the rankings to be meeting Davenport this early. Looking at the scoreline, it looks like her typical big match choke. And I'll bang on about country representation one more time... six Russians in the final womens 16, to go with the two remaining in the mens draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top half of the mens draw seemed right from the start much tougher than the bottom half.

Coria or Safin seem the only genuine chances there. Canas will work all day but probably lacks the class to win the title but if he gets into enough scraps he'll win most of them.

Vamos Rafa!

Amazing how different a player Federer is when he feels pressure. Tanked big time in the 3rd and 4th sets.

Fossie 32 said:
Great that Queen Mary is in the final - go Mary!
oh, i agree. Mary has been my favourite for a while now and this would be the ultimate fairytail comeback !

So hopefully tonight we'll hear the words 'Game, Set and Match Mademoiselle Pierce' :)

Go Mary !

GrimasGirl said:
oh, i agree. Mary has been my favourite for a while now and this would be the ultimate fairytail comeback !

So hopefully tonight we'll hear the words 'Game, Set and Match Mademoiselle Pierce' :)

Go Mary !

Bit of work to do - 1-6, 0-3

Whoohoo! just won a game....

it was disappointing to see mary given a set of breadsticks (6-1 6-1) but what a classy runner-up she is. such an emotional speech. :(

Had to feel sorry for Pierce last night. Making the final at such a late stage in her career was an exceptional effort but was simply blown off the court by Henin-Hardene.

She tried to play her attacking game but her opponent's precise shots meant she was constantly pressured and sprayed the ball long time and time again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back